The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Did everybody relapse?

Discussion in 'Friends of Bill W.' started by John Wayne, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bullette the Cowdog

Bullette the Cowdog Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Wow BabyK. That's great about your kids not ever seeing you drink. You're setting the example for them. Kids learn by observing...not so much by listening. LOL

I just got back from a meeting. My sponsee picked up a 3 month chip tonight. Makes me very happy.

Glad to see ya' here. Keep comin' back. :)

2. Bullette the Cowdog

Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Hey Foxman
    Just read about your potential new business venture. Hope things work out. Sounds awesome. It'll be whatever it is supposed to be. :)

I've owned 2 businesses. 10 years with one & 13 with the other. They ran concurrently. Had employees & all that entails. Registration with Federal & State govts & all that entails too. I don't think I ever slept after I hired that first employee. Lots of responsibility along with tremendous spiritual growth & enlightenment from the experience. Can't describe it. You'll just have to do it. Then you'll know.

The hard part for me was remaining "right sized". I became obsessed with business & I didnt stay close to the program then. Wish I had. But I came back & through it all I didn't drink or do any "other stuff".

Keep us in the loop. We're cheering for ya'. It's a wonderful adventure.

3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    That's great to hear all. Foxman, there's a guy on here named ZAPPED that used to have a vape shop. Maybe he can make some good connections for you.

4. Foxman

Foxman Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    Thanx Guys. The best part is that my partner is a freind of Bill also. I think we're in good hands, lol

5. babyk1352012

babyk1352012 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Washington State
    Wow that's exciting, you'll have to let us all know when and if you do.....I may just have to purchase something :) always up for trying and buying new things lol, especially with the hobby bug I got bitten by awhile ago.

6. Foxman

Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    OK Folks!!!! Whats been up lately. Got quiet AGAIN, lol

7. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Here's a topic starter-

Had a fella years ago in the program ask me why I could quit the booze with the twelve steps and not the cigs. Lol, pondered that for years until I ended up here.

Foxman- get that new business up and running yet?

8. Foxman

Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al

mid April we hope, lol. went and did some shopping tonight for ideas on vape stands, lol

9. Foxman

Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    Well Looks like this thread has Died AGAIN. How's everybody doing? No were not open yet, but real close. Got the buisness plan done and hope to put the final numbers together this weekend so we can start looking for investors next week.

10. Bullette the Cowdog

Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Hey Foxman
    Bullette the Cowdog checking in.

Just got back from a meeting. Wow, it was Birthday night! We had 5 celebrants: 8, 9, 10, 16, & 27 years.
    Dang, that's a lotta sobriety! We had cake, then we took 'em out to dinner after the meeting. A great time was had by all. We even dragged along a newbie with 6 days.

Glad to hear you are moving along with your new adventure. Remember to stay humble.

11. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    That sounds great, Bullette.

12. Foxman

Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    We had a 2 year good freind get her chip from me today, lol.

13. Bullette the Cowdog

Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Way to go Foxman & friend too!

We give out the beginner chips at every meeting. You know: one day, 3 months, 6 months, etc. Many folks don't like giving the presentation talk when the chip box is at their seat. I always like to do it cuz it makes me feel like a winner when I can give one. Haha. It's all about me??

14. Foxman

Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    I love it cause I get and give hugs, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.