Not open for further replies.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
So,I just got my DiD,1st genesis-style tank;

Besides the fact that this thing is pure bliss,sometimes I get a F1 code on my Vmax;

I just remove the top,push on the mesh and its good to go for a while again...then rinse and repeat.

From what I`ve read,it must be related to the area where the mesh contacts the middle cap,most probably rubbed the oxidization off and make a short during my coil building process?

If so,how do you guys prevent that,or are you all just very lucky :)

KickServe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
colorado
So,I just got my DiD,1st genesis-style tank;

Besides the fact that this thing is pure bliss,sometimes I get a F1 code on my Vmax;

I just remove the top,push on the mesh and its good to go for a while again...then rinse and repeat.

From what I`ve read,it must be related to the area where the mesh contacts the middle cap,most probably rubbed the oxidization off and make a short during my coil building process?

If so,how do you guys prevent that,or are you all just very lucky :)

It's mostly from pulling the last coil too tight to the center pole. This creates a hot spot/short and the error. If you basically just very loosely wrap the top loop and just wedge it between the nuts with no pressure on the wire, this will go away.

I am new to the genesis atomizer and practiced making coils a bunch of times when I got my DiD and now I can get it right in one try. Be patient it will come to you. If you look at all the videos on making a coil, they all make it look like you put pressure on the wire when wrapping it. But the opposite is true. Put no pressure on the wire when wrapping is the key.

Here's a video of zen that probably explains it best :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread