Did I just mess up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
First of all hello to everyone, I'm new to the forums. I've been lurking around here for a few days because a lot of my questions have been asked a million times already. I'm not exactly new to e-cigarettes but most of my previous ones were purchased at gas stations and such out of convenience and with varying success, to try to cut back on smoking. I came to realize that the "cigalikes" aren't really for me, they seem to be more frustration than they're worth. So that leads me to my possible dilemma.

I decided I was going to quit smoking cigarettes this time (which I have so far, it's been two days since I had a real cigarette) and I was pretty adamant about doing it within a day or two. A new smoke shop just opened up in my town that sells only e-cigs, juice, and accessories. I decided to "support my local supplier" and all since it's the only one here, and made my purchase there instead of online. I had been looking at eGo models on this site (Ego Cigarettes) and had pretty much decided that's what I was going to go for since I had tried that style before and several people I know have them and like them a lot. They had them in the shop... I think. It came with a hard case that says "eGo" on the front, and they let me swap batteries because I didn't like the color: one says "eGo-T" on it and the other is stainless with black designs engraved and no brand markings. They both have the 5-push safety off. I also bought a couple extra "CE5" clearos with replaceable wicks, a "T-2" that holds 2.4ml liquid, and an extra wick for each. When I checked out the manual after getting home, I noticed it refers to the product I bought as "eKungfu eGo-K(CE4)". Waaait. What's eKungfu, I thought the brand was Joye? Did I just buy some cheap clone that's going to fail in a week? If I decide to order something online that my shop doesn't have, will the parts fit?

I'm just a little wary of it I guess. So far the kit has been working very well, 10x better (for me at least) than any cigalikes I've tried to use for any length of time. I've gone through about 2 1/2 or 3 tanks of 1.6ml each and yesterday my battery lasted me from 10am-2am and was still going strong. I felt like I was vaping pretty heavily since I was using it a lot more often than I would smoke cigarettes, but according to some things I've read maybe not so much.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I wear Rebok rather than Nike
Both are Sneekers
Mine are not cheap knock-off's of theirs.

Get the Idea? It does not have to be Joyetech to Be good and even Joyetech batteries can fail early. It is the nature of the beast.
Joyetech does NOT MAKE Batteries. They contract Battery manufacturers to supply to their spec with their Branding.:)

So, guess who can sell the same battery to anyone they please....minus the branding.:glare:

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
In total I have spent around $150. But that was for two batteries with clearos, 3 extra clearos, two wicks, five 10ml bottles of liquid, and obviously the chargers. The way I looked at it at the time was the stuff might be a little cheaper online but I wanted it right then because I got to the point that I was pretty well disgusted with myself for still smoking cigarettes.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Yeah, as others have said, nothing wrong at all with those, and they'll fit any eGo/510 toppers you want to use. I've never been a fan of the CE4 or CE5 models, but if they're working for you, that's what matters. Also a very wise choice on picking up several plus replacement heads, never fun to have a coil burn out in the middle of the night and have to go without until you get back to a shop. The more clearos/tanks, the merrier, as you don't have to keep rinsing the same one over and over to try new juices..sounds like you got one per juice bottle you purchased, which IMO is exactly the way to go with that kind of thing.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Nothing wrong with ego style batteries, no matter the brand on them, most are good. The set up is working for you, that's all that matters, it works, you like it and, are happy with your purchase.

Sure you may decide to upgrade to a mod later, but what you got is exactly what I recommend and, even give as gift starter sets. You did good.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
In-coming!
predator17.gif

egolatest.jpg

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
Okay, I've heard of kGo but of course didn't know the difference.

Also good to know the parts will fit. I kind of figured they would since they were all based off the same design, but one thing I learned from the cigalikes is nothing is compatible with anything, lol. That's exactly why I bought the extra heads. As soon as they told me the ones in the kit were disposable (my words not theirs) and after reading stories of them prematurely burning out in a few days, I figured I should go ahead and do it. That and I am trying to keep several different flavors on hand :) Which heads do you tend to use? I honestly don't know much about what's out there for these type of vapes, I just figured they were a good place to start.

Thanks BlueMoods and Ocelot also. It's starting to come together for me now. I'm certainly happy with what I have performance-wise, at least until I hang onto it for a while and get the itch for something else.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
This is a good forum,
What you have is working great
As you read different threads you will learn more and be more comfortable with more
Don't be afraid to order online from a known company
I have been burned a lot more locally then actually never burned with online purchase
I only use places I can see other have used here though
The search on the top left is great to find specific info

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
Thanks vjc, I'll check out the links. Another of my concerns was where to trust buying from. The place I went to locally seems trustworthy and I did get a warranty, I think for a year on the batts? Maybe it was 6 months. Unfortunately I had kind of tuned out at that point of the process because I was in kid-in-candy-store mode and also trying not to be late for work. Guess that can't be all bad. I think I want one of the LCD batteries but the place I linked earlier had a minimum order of two, and I don't want two yet. Well I do, but I've already spent more money than I had planned on for now just because I'm... Committed? lol

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Thanks vjc, I'll check out the links. Another of my concerns was where to trust buying from. The place I went to locally seems trustworthy and I did get a warranty, I think for a year on the batts? Maybe it was 6 months. Unfortunately I had kind of tuned out at that point of the process because I was in kid-in-candy-store mode and also trying not to be late for work. Guess that can't be all bad. I think I want one of the LCD batteries but the place I linked earlier had a minimum order of two, and I don't want two yet. Well I do, but I've already spent more money than I had planned on for now just because I'm... Committed? lol

If I had to do it all over again this would be my first set up with 1 spinner 1 ctwist and T3 and Evod clear's
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

its a great way to start ego's from what I under stand ten to last 3-6 month's
I still have mine reg ego's 3 months charge don't last nearly as long
my ctwist 2 month's still quite strong but again needs to be charged somewhat quicker

The reason I would say this is a good place to start is its not expensive as a mod
I know it sound expensive at first but in the long run you save verses ciggs
It gives you what you need to try different thing's to find out what you like
so that if you continue you will know what you want out of a mod

I feel like the reg ego's I was sold was a waste without the VV option

and you can always use them even later when you get a mod
as back up's or to go out with that type of thing

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Even with a battery that has a regulated (or supposedly regulated) voltage, you can vary the power level, which is the ultimate result of variable voltage. You achieve that by changing the resistance of the delivery device. There is a smaller range than with a VV battery, but 1.5Ω will be a different vape from 2.5Ω.

Ohm's%20Law.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread