Did I make a newby mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intime

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
Southern California
Good Morning from So. Cal,
Just getting going with my eGo t I bought from Dragonfly. I really love it and it was a huge step up from the disposable I first began with. With the eGo I bought the juice Pepper 18mg. I have no idea what vg/pg that juice is but it's thin in consistency This didn't stop my analog craving and thought I should try stronger 24mg, so bought the Wensten. I was a 1-1 1/2 pad smoker for 30+ years. Vaped the Wensten and felt a little better craving wise, but didn't enjoy the flavor. Purchased from Freedomsmoke the 30mg 100vg Apple pie, Peachyberry & Irish Cream. I noticed that the juice was pretty thick-hmm. I have tried the Apple Pie 100 vg in my tank and it produces tons of vapor and I feel more satisfied of cravings. The flavor is hard to really distinguish as I topped of the tank that already had the Wensten in it. I am nervous trying to use the 100vg in my eGo because of it's thickness and don't want to harm the atomizer. I only have the 2 atomizers that came with my kit & with a limited budget right now I'm trying to be cautious. I have received good advice on trying the carto's with drip tips for trying new juice, but I need to be really careful with my spending right now. I'm wondering if I can vape this 100vg or if I should just set it aside for now. I have read on here so many posts that I'm in overload with the massive amount of info, especially the lingo learning curve. Not being the most patient of people or someone who delays gratification well i really want to just use the 30mg 100vg since it really hit the spot with the amount of nic. Is there a way to use this, or do I need to make yet another purchase first?
I wish there was a store that I could go to that had these products and I didn't have to wait on shipping.
Any suggestions will be welcome and thank you all for your help and listening, this is really the best support I've ever had with something so difficult as stopping the analogs. :unsure:

Koil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
In a house...
From what I understand, you should be able to "cut" it by adding vodka, or even water to it, to thin it out.

You might also want to purchase your juice in smaller amounts until you're sure that you actually like and want that amount. You should be able to purchase them in much smaller quantities. (Somewhere in the 3ml -10ml range).

I actually keep the bottles of my old juice to make custom mixes from other juices I have (usually just fruit juices mixed together, i.e. banana, peachy, and a little tobacco thrown in..yum). Anyway, if you find that cutting it helps, maybe keep one of your juice bottles to create a pre-made mix for yourself, so you don't have to do it every time you refill.

Hope it helps.

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
I hate to give advice but 100% VG in my tank don't allow for good wicking therefore burnt taste. If i was in your situation i would go to cvs, walmart and pickup some pg find a small bottle and cut it down a bit. I have also used vodka and distilled water, Do it in small amounts to minimize waste.
fill tank 75% with you 100VG 25% of whatever you have to thin water, water/absolute mixed. Shake prime chain vape if you notice the burnt taste needs more thining.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I vape 100% VG all the time. If you do thin it down, do it drop at a time. You don't want to dilute it too much....it won't vape and it won't have enough flavor. Like I said, I vape 100% VG all the time and love it. Just blow out your atty every now and then and it should be fine. (Blow it out from both ends into a tissue.)

Jan

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
I hate to give advice but 100% VG in my tank don't allow for good wicking therefore burnt taste. If i was in your situation i would go to cvs, walmart and pickup some pg find a small bottle and cut it down a bit. I have also used vodka and distilled water, Do it in small amounts to minimize waste.
fill tank 75% with you 100VG 25% of whatever you have to thin water, water/absolute mixed. Shake prime chain vape if you notice the burnt taste needs more thining.

Or get a gallon of PG at your local farm store for around $24

Padre

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
Maryland
intime, keep in mind that cutting your juice with non nicotine products will lower the mg of nicotine.
I agree that 100 VG may be too much, but there are people here that vape it all the time.

If you re-order, one thing to remember is PG has a stronger TH and is thinner, but VG gives more vapor and is thicker. A pretty decent mix is the best way to go. I try to stay at 80 / 20 PG to VG. I like more of a TH but the 20 percent of VG gives decent vapor.

Some of the juice I vape is pre mixed at 50 / 50 and can't be changed. I do OK with that mix also.

intime

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
Southern California
Thank you all, as always good advice. I did dilute with vodka, which felt a little weird to pull out at 10am-but hey. I diluted too much at first then added more 100vg and gave it a try. Now it feels like very little nic level & less vapor. Half expected the vape to taste like vodka. Thought that the 100vg flavor Applepie might taste a little like an appletini? Nope. Can't taste the Vodka at all. Can't taste much of anything. I think when I can get out I'll try the pg suggestion next. Thanks everyone for your help. Happy vaping to all:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread