RDA Did I really just order this? Zephyr Buddha V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Okay, so this was clearly an impulse buy (don't drink and buy, kiddies) after watching VapingwithTwisted420 & vaping Vigilante review it (I like these guys - they're both entertaining. Even better together. YMMV). I'm an old guy - hell, I get mailings from AARP (hate those people). I even doubled down & bought a dual 26650 box from BCBoxMods to run this thing on (parallel - I'm old but I'm not crazy). Actually, I've wanted to buy one of their mods for months - this was just the tipping point.

I really like the looks of this atty. i love the build deck. The airflow looks interesting. But frankly, the prospect of vaping this thing is kind of intimidating. Don't get me wrong - I'm a lung hit kind of vaper and I like clouds. But how do you build a 30mm beast like this, enjoy it, and not get totally destroyed?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Somewhat apprehensive, but flush with anticipation. :banana:

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
What a beast! Awesome machining. Gorgeous engraving. Sick build deck. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I sure wasn't expecting this hunka love. Color me impressed.

19338121795_6e392fcd76_k.jpg

Reactions: Mad Scientist

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Why should it be any different than with a "normal" 22 mm RDA? If you're concerned about the increased distance between the posts, putting two 90-degree bends in one or both legs will give you more width without having to increase the number of wraps.

Like this:

PHP:
|__       __|
   |||||||

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Looks similar to the mutation x type atomizers with the offset air hole, but some coming from the cap as well. You'll have plenty of airflow to work with, I have a feeling you might be closing some of those holes off depending on what you put in it.

I agree with Jersey_emt on the leg bends. If you are interested in centering the coil then you'll need those bends. If you want them offset from the center then I'd plan the coil width to span from the negative to its furthest positive, or close to it. All about minimizing the leg length. I don't use them, but I feel most clapton type coils need to be offset due to the heavy wire, just an example.

Otherwise it looks like an easy atomizer to work with, nothing to difficult.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Why should it be any different than with a "normal" 22 mm RDA? If you're concerned about the increased distance between the posts, putting two 90-degree bends in one or both legs will give you more width without having to increase the number of wraps.

Like this:

PHP:
|__       __|
   |||||||

I'll rephrase my question. I'm looking for a build (wire gauge, wraps, rod dia) to maximize clouds and (at least decent) flavor on a 26650 dual parallel mech box (MNKE IMR 26650 30A 3500mAh). Quick test build with 0.5 ohm dual Claptons on a dual 18650 mech box (VTC4s) confirms I will need to go lower - just looking for a good safe starting place.

18744511863_2a5e7ea67b_b.jpg

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
my suggestions would be to take advantage and go as hot as your able to go and keep your coils very high for clouds and looking at your pic you may need to get them closer to the airflow for flavour.
i've made 3wrap dual coils in this atty that have worked really great and not lacking in any department, in most cases its not the coils but how they are placed and wicked.

not sure of your nic lvl but lowering it will help with not getting wasted

Reactions: Magaro

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
my suggestions would be to take advantage and go as hot as your able to go and keep your coils very high for clouds and looking at your pic you may need to get them closer to the airflow for flavour.
i've made 3wrap dual coils in this atty that have worked really great and not lacking in any department, in most cases its not the coils but how they are placed and wicked.

not sure of your nic lvl but lowering it will help with not getting wasted

Totally agree on the coil placement - got focused on distance from the posts and spaced on how far it was out to the barrel. Never played with a 30 mm atty before. Think I like it - for sure this one looks to be an entertaining beast.

And yeah, I'm obsessed with wicking right now (not that this slap-dash build shows it). Makes all the difference getting a satisfying vape from a long, hard pull. Coils need their fuel.

Vaping 3 mg nic exclusively but thanks for the warning. At 6 I think this thing would likely kill me once I get it to full throttle.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Finally woke up (perhaps the nicotine?) and threw this thing on my Sigelei 150 (looks goofy, but who cares?). At about 70 watts & airflow 3/4 open with my 0.5 ohm build it starts to turn into the kind of beast I imagined it to be. Crackles and pops oh so nice. And the vapor is so cool its unreal. I'm only good for 3 or 4 rips even at 3 mg, but hey, I'm old. This is pretty entertaining. I bet some 90/10 liquid would really chuck some clouds. Coils with a quicker ramp-up would be nice. I think I'll be playing with this piece quite a bit this weekend.

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
The only thing about the Buddha that puts me off is the fact that when you build it, wick it, soak it, prime it, fluff it, soak it again, fluff it again and get everything just the way you like it, you've used about 4ml of juice before you even vape the thing!
It has a monster well and vapes great. Just a juice hog IMO.
Vape On!

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
The only thing about the Buddha that puts me off is the fact that when you build it, wick it, soak it, prime it, fluff it, soak it again, fluff it again and get everything just the way you like it, you've used about 4ml of juice before you even vape the thing!
It has a monster well and vapes great. Just a juice hog IMO.
Vape On!

Definitely quite the guzzler. I try to do all my wick prep with unflavored PG/VG. More cost effective and the wick still looks and tastes nice and clean when I'm ready to add my liquid. One or two slightly watered-down flavor pulls and everything is good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread