Did my research....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyPhive

Aug 14, 2010
Houston, Texas
So, I have been vapeing for 1 month now and loving it. Feels great to be healthier than I have been for 16 years.

It took me almost 6 months of reading and searching before I decided it was worth trying. I am glad I did. Because of all the research I dove right in and am already DIYing some liquid to suit my flavor tastes.

I bought a few fruit flavorings(unsweetened) and one tobacco. I really love the tobacco but find myself adding quite a bit to get the strength of flavor I am looking for. These are Perfumers Apprentice flavors if I remember correct.

Any suggestions for a stronger tobacco flavoring to DIY with. Please keep in mind I was a dedicated smoker, 2-3 packs a day of Camel wides or marlboro reds.

Thanks

So, I have been vapeing for 1 month now and loving it. Feels great to be healthier than I have been for 16 years.

It took me almost 6 months of reading and searching before I decided it was worth trying. I am glad I did. Because of all the research I dove right in and am already DIYing some liquid to suit my flavor tastes.

I bought a few fruit flavorings(unsweetened) and one tobacco. I really love the tobacco but find myself adding quite a bit to get the strength of flavor I am looking for. These are Perfumers Apprentice flavors if I remember correct.

Any suggestions for a stronger tobacco flavoring to DIY with. Please keep in mind I was a dedicated smoker, 2-3 packs a day of Camel wides or marlboro reds.

Thanks
I believe PA has a tobacco absolute if I'm not mistaken. But I could well be. Pretty strong flavoring from what i understand, and someone's sending me a couple MLs. Now flavor art has many tobacco flavorings, and they recommed stating mixing with 1%, I find that hard to believe, but we'll see I've got 180 Ml of flavoring coming from there in a co op.

Here's a good read though for now:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/74109-guide-diy-flavoring.html#post1097220

JohnnyPhive

Aug 14, 2010
Houston, Texas
Sgt- i have actually bought some 36mg/ml from onestopDIYshop.com which I had at 50/50 pg vg. And goodprophets.com had some 50mg/ml pg based on sale. I prefer a mix of 50/50 so far, its not too thick and the VG adds a bit of sweet to the mix. Of course I am still looking at other sources, the main reason being I am trying to stick with the USA made liquids. I trust that quality much more, especially since my job is in quality assurance. I have a great respect for the quality required to produce any number of products in America.

So far I like the PG based 50mg I got from goodprophets better. I bought some VG from Tastyvapor I think(not sure since I have bought stuff from alot of places) to mix it down to a 50/50 mix at 25mg. Takes flavor pretty well too.

FYI- I like the thicker consistency so it does not run as much in my atty. When I first started dripping a couple weeks ago I had an issue where the all PG was leaking out the atty at the bottom. Could be lack of experience. Not sure.

SgtYork

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Johnny,

Generally I tend to agree with you about USA quality, but I also think it is about the individual supplier or reseller.

I would like to see some kind of 3rd party quality review or certification for e-juice suppliers. It is frustrating to find e-juice from a supplier that is really great, only to re-order and it not be so great. One of the reasons I am interested in mixing.

I have noticed some e-juices tend to flood the atty more easily than others. Most I have tried have been 80/20. I am guessing the flavoring also has an impact on viscosity also. Maybe e-juice should have a viscosity rating in addition to a PG/VG ratio and nicotine level.

I will start mixing 0mg PG and VG to see what mix works best to develop a baseline before adding nic and flavor. I had thought a 50/50 mix would be too thick. The optimal viscosity probably depends on the vaping system and the user.

I just ordered some 54mg PG from VaporCountry. I think I will try onestopDIYshop.com next time. I like the focus on being a supplier to the DYI'er, and not a supplier of everything.

JohnnyPhive

Aug 14, 2010
Houston, Texas
Xtremevaping.com has 100mg liquid, it's as clear as anything, amazing quality. Don't remember if they have VG, I always get PG. But it's all I use, their prices are extremely fair, packaging is awesome and shipping is always fast.
Just my 2c

They do have VG, I just checked. I buy it with PG though and use pure VG as the cut down. That way its not overly thick or too thin and runny.

I will try this when my current stock runs low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread