Difference in coils resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boulianc

May 1, 2015
Bonjour All,
I have a kanger v2 on a kangertech ipow 2. My coil il a 1.8 ohlms. I find it really really use to much juice on my battery. I am considering a nautilus mini. I don't need to produce a lot of vapor. Even less vapor is better for me as I don't like ejecting tones of smoke. What I do want is good taste, battery life and my nicotine. Can someone lead me into what I should get as coil and tank (adjustable airflow). Or at least explain the difference in using different coil resistant.

Thank you very much for your help.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
Basically, the lower the resistance, the more potential you have to raise the Wattage/Volts on your device (if its a Variable Voltage/Watteage mod). But there is more to battery life then just resistance. It also depends on how much/often you vape, obviously, the more you use the device the more the battery drains. It sounds like you may just need to upgrade your mod to something with a Larger battery that what you currently have. You can still use your 1.8 ohm coils (if that is what you like), but a larger battery given the same resistance, should last you longer than your smaller battery. And at 1.8 ohms you probably aren't pulling that much current.

But again, this is a majorly dumbed down explanation and nothing I say is factual or even correct, its all just subjective conjecture. Hopefully it was helpful!!
Good Luck!

smilodon_fatalis

Apr 30, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi Boulianc, and welcome to EFC!
Do you like a hot or a cool vape? Lower ohms on your coil gives a hotter vape. I like a cooler vape so I tend to use 1.2 - 1.5 ohm coils in my Nautilus Mini. If you like it warmer, you can go up a bit in watts and adjust to your liking.
And the mix of your ejuice impacts taste and vapor as well. I need some throat hit, so I stick to 60PG/40VG or 50/50. VG gives more vapor, and since you stated clouds aren't your thing, maybe try a higher PG blend. What ejuice are you using right now?
I am happy with my Nautilus Mini, great flavor and vapor, and has airflow adjustment. There are many great thread about tanks on here as well as more informative ones about ohms and settings. Pretty much everything I know about vaping, I learned from the great folks here :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I'd suggest upgrading the battery. The iStick 50W is a 4400 mah and you should get a couple days between needed recharges. The battery you now use would make a good back up for when you recharge your next and better battery.

1.8 ohm is a pretty standard coil for the industry in that type of tank. My Nautilus Mini uses the same resistance coils.

Like smildon above said, PG is the flavor carrier of e juice. I use mostly 70pg/30vg. Any higher PG and I get too much throat hit, a very uncomfortable vape. I'm not into clouds as much as flavor. I'd highly recommend the Nautilus Mini for a tank.

iStick 50W and Nautilus Mini (510 to eGo adapter also shown to use the eGo threaded tanks)

Vape%20002_zpscdwqzgi2.jpg

Good luck.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
IMO the nautilus will use MORE juice than your Kanger. I know they use more juice than my Protanks. You want to use less juice you have to vape less juice that mean less heat being exposed to juice at one time. That generally means high OHMs 2ohms or MORE and low surface area and restricted airflow and low watts (below 15) and single coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread