Looking for tips to start building my own (RTA) 1.8ohm coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyrex

Aug 12, 2015
Leuven (Belgium)
Cool. Sounds like things went Very Well.

Making your own coils is all that hard once you do it a Few Times. And opens up a Whole New World.

Maybe i got beginners luck, but the first took me 10 minutes, but did fail. The second around 8 minutes, and everything was just perfect, still enjoying this one! :)

but for sure: this information of this thread make me buy directly right kanthal type + information from steam engine, made me not buy unnesecary tools (ohmmeter, keramic pliers, special coil diameter tool, ... ) + good hints, tips, tricks! (edit: + made me open my eyes not to stare blind on the number "1.8ohm", it depends on much more then that! ;-)

In combination with YouTube, it was a nice expierience! Glad i bought the Subtank Mini V2, Love the rba-deck!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If it took you Less than 20 Minutes to do your 1st Build(s) to get a Good Hitting RBA, I think you are Doing Great.

I think it took me about 20 Minutes to just wind My first Coil. LOL.

Once you have a Good Hitting RBA, its hard to use Pre-Made Coils Head again. Or at least it was hard for me.

NickVapesEh

Nov 25, 2015
Canada
An ohm meter is something you should be using every time you build. Not every regulated mod will protect you against shorts. And every mod will give you a slightly different resistance so an ohm meter is really the only way to know your most accurate measurement.

Watch as many youtube videos on coil building as you can. Study battery safety and the amp limits of each 18650.

Dont trust the battery wrap unless its made by LG, Samsung, or Sony. There are loads of re wrapped batteries with the wrong information on them. Be safe. Please. We dont need another news article on someone exploding because you didnt do your research.

Make sure your coils are not touching anything except the holes that secure the wire in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread