Difference in values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
So this morning my K1000 arrived with two Kamry branded batteries.

At the same time my LiitoKala Engineer Lii500 charger arrived.

So I have both batteries on charge now.
Both are in theory identical 18350s.

Both supposedly 900mAh.

They have been on charge for 53mins

One feature on the charger is the display of the internal resistance of the batteries. One is showing 125mO and one is showing 65mO....

Does anyone know why this should be?

It it a sign that one has been stored under better conditions than the other?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Battery 1

Attachments

• 15515474976432635929057971401022.jpg
    15515474976432635929057971401022.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
So this morning my K1000 arrived with two Kamry branded batteries.

At the same time my LiitoKala Engineer Lii500 charger arrived.

So I have both batteries on charge now.
Both are in theory identical 18350s.

Both supposedly 900mAh.

They have been on charge for 53mins

One feature on the charger is the display of the internal resistance of the batteries. One is showing 125mO and one is showing 65mO....

Does anyone know why this should be?

It it a sign that one has been stored under better conditions than the other?

Hard to say exactly. What brand of batteries and were they from a reputable supplier?

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
These are the batteries that came with the mod....

Not the ones I have ordered through work....

So I am wondering where the errors are?

I have put them both through a test, to see what happens. The have discharged and are now in the recharge cycle. It seems that the capacities are only about 1/3 of the value on the wrapper.....

The next test is to swap bays in the charger to see if the value changes....
That will give me an idea of if there is an issue with the charger....

But I am thinking I may have to combine two hobbies. I may make an Arduino charger that has data logging, accurate information and also export full charging data CSV so I can graph it on a pc....

• Optimistic

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
All I can say is that they are behaving completely different now, as to the moment I took them out if the box

Their charging characteristics have changed. And their output characteristics have also changed.

The only difference is they have gone through a few test cycles in my charger and been vaped with a few times.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
All I can say is that they are behaving completely different now, as to the moment I took them out if the box

Their charging characteristics have changed. And their output characteristics have also changed.

The only difference is they have gone through a few test cycles in my charger and been vaped with a few times.
That is highly unusual. Dirty and/or faulty contacts on the charger and/or batteries seem much more plausible.;)

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
I have chosen my vape batteries. And some of them are spoken highly of in the forums.

The whole reason for this post was more the differences between two so called identical batteries.

Interesting that there is now no displayed difference between them, and they also nownow t out as marked, and the quality of vape has improved...

So there really does seem to be evidence that the batteries do change after a couple of charge/discharge cycles.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
I would like to hear @Mooch's opinion about it.

The whole reason for this post was more the differences between two so called identical batteries.Interesting that there is now no displayed difference between them, and they also nownow t out as marked, and the quality of vape has improved...So there really does seem to be evidence that the batteries do change after a couple of charge/discharge cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread