different coils at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwayman

May 24, 2017
I second this and a couple of others...definitely match the coils, you may be fine but there is no point in staggering ramp ups and differing temps to experiment. Symmetry and balance would be key to safe, tasty vapes as electricity takes the path of least resistance. In theory it could work safely but in practice it could be a big, dry hitting, unbalanced mistake.

Equilibrium, its elementary my dear OP ;)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
There's such thing already out there... Only it's been done in a way that will sorta work.
maxresdefault.jpg

Totally not worth the effort, if you ask me... But people will be amazed by the beauty of your build!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There's such thing already out there... Only it's been done in a way that will sorta work.
View attachment 661943
Totally not worth the effort, if you ask me... But people will be amazed by the beauty of your build!

But aren't you worried about those Claptons melting the pretty yellow LEDs you strung in between?:D

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
But aren't you worried about those Claptons melting the pretty yellow LEDs you strung in between?:D
My coils are nearly identical to those. Except, mine have 4 less strands of wire and they're not as pretty. Nobody says "Righteous Coilz Bruh!" when I pull my too cap off. Other than that, they're identical. Unfortunately, they only take 45 seconds to wrap so I'm left with a little too much free time. Also, it takes a fraction of the power to heat mine up so I don't get to hot swap batteries like the pros. Yet, I've managed to stay off the smokes. So, it's a win! :thumb:

Last edited:

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
*bump*

This stuff is F'ing child's play for crying out loud :-x

Anyone who actually understands ohm's law ought to instantly recognize what the OP is asking for (minus the error in approach) is easily possible. I should be shocked this thread turned out as it did...

...what's truly sad is that it's what I fully expected to see.

What the OP was asking for is 100% feasible. The approach was wrong, but different gauge coils is 100% viable and easily done, particularly to anyone who actually understands ohm's law, and maybe one other thing like heat flux.

If none of you who shot the OP down so condescendingly don't figure it out and redeem your incompetence by the weekend, I'm not going to be so magnanimous when I spell it out this weekend....

...I've practically handed the answer to anyone with the temerity to pass themselves off as an experienced vaper.

Highwayman

May 24, 2017
Im sorry you feel like this mike but i didnt get any condescending vibes as such from anyone. There were views and opinions, perhaps even words of wisdom through experience. The odd question asked back like "why?" but nothing so far as to offend.

I hope the OP isnt offended either but reading back through the posts, I didnt feel there was any sort of horrible or condescending remarks. OK, perhaps one was a tad sharp but only a view put across nontheless.

I feel there is a threat coming from your post though ;) , so far, it strikes me as the only fully negative comment in this thread, or am i wrong?

Im not looking for conflict, just peace and love...sincerest apologies if i offend, it is not my intention.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Im sorry you feel like this mike but i didnt get any condescending vibes as such from anyone. There were views and opinions, perhaps even words of wisdom through experience. The odd question asked back like "why?" but nothing so far as to offend.

I hope the OP isnt offended either but reading back through the posts, I didnt feel there was any sort of horrible or condescending remarks. OK, perhaps one was a tad sharp but only a view put across nontheless.

I feel there is a threat coming from your post though ;) , so far, it strikes me as the only fully negative comment in this thread, or am i wrong?

Im not looking for conflict, just peace and love...sincerest apologies if i offend, it is not my intention.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
there musta been a sale on soap boxes. It'll be ok. :?:

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
If the coil mass was the same and it ramped up equally I wouldn't see a problem with this however this isn't something that would be easily accomplished, you'd have to put two temperature probes in the coils and made sure they heated evenly..

Then the next problem is wicking, You would want them both consuming the same amount of juice, judging the surface area combined with some Hi-Fi wicking could make this possible otherwise one will probably dry hit while the other is fine...

Honestly this all sounds like too much work just to use two different coils that Most Likely give you mediocre vape..

If it were me and this is actually what I do.... Have two different atomizers setup differently... One for Clouds and One for Flavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread