Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone and welcome back for today's review of the Digiflavor Drop rda V1.5 that is a upgrade to the very successful and flavorful original Drop rda. The Drop V1.5 has one very big change to it from the original , the original was such a great RDA because of how simple and easy it was to build on it, just as the name implies you just drop your coils in. Those of you familiar with the original will be happy to hear the deck of the 1.5 remains unchanged from the original ( why fix something that isn't broke ) but what has changed is the airflow and the change is a good one. Before the review let's get some information on Digiflavor new version the Drop RDA V1.5.

COLOR CHOICES

DigiflavorDropRDATank20210326_2048x.png

INCLUDED WITH THE RDA

Digiflavor_Drop_RDA_V15_package.jpg

PARAMETERS

• Overall diameter: 24mm
    • Stainless Steel Construction
    • Four post dual coil build deck
    • Dual adjustable side airflow
    • Gold plated 510 pin
    • Compatible with a BF pin
    • Wide bore 810 drip tip

NEW BODY DESIGN

Digiflavor_Drop_RDA_design.jpg

SAME DROP BUILD DECK

Digiflavor_Drop_RDA_V15_deck.jpg

Digiflavor_Drop_RDA_V15_classic.jpg

NEW AIRFLOW DESIGN

Digiflavor_Drop_RDA_V1.5_24mm-4.gif

BREAKDOWN

GeekvapeDropV1.5RDA_DropSoloRDA-_11.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I have to say that the packaging for the Drop V1.5 was really nicely done and also included another RDA that hasn't been released yet so it must be covered up with the green sticker, as soon as it's released I will review it also.

20210404_082459.jpg

Everything that comes with the Drop V1.5 RDA is shown below minus the box marked accessory.

20210404_084607.jpg

The new Drop V1.5 is a 4 piece RDA that consist of the build deck, outer barrel, inner barrel and the drip tip, this is where you can see the big change that was done in the airflow, the deck remains the same as the original with the simple coil drop in hence the RDA's name. Getting back to the airflow, the Drop V1.5 has 37 airflow holes on each side of the inner barrel for a total of 74.

20210404_100827.jpg

As shown above the outer barrel has a series of airflow slots 6 in total but the bottom 2 have been blocked and only the 4 above them are usable. There are so many airflow choices that can be dialed in with the RDA that every vaper should have no problem finding their sweet spot. Adjusting the airflow is done by turning the blue inner barrel either direction.

Starting out from the bottom usable slot you can use it with the top 3 slots totally closed off dialing from a small opening to a fully open slot and anywhere in between. For my vaping preference this was to restricted for me.

20210404_095112.jpg

The above choice is just the beginning, as you turn the inner barrel a series of air holes open in the top 3 slots and can be configured so many different ways. After trying many different selections my sweet spot was found with this setting that is semi restricted.

20210409_173524.jpg

I would not consider this a huge air RDA but even fully open which I sometimes use, you get a DL vape but not super airy. I really liked the original but the new airflow really gives it a upgrade. Shown below with all airflow holes in use 16 on each side for a total of 32.

20210404_090014.jpg

In testing the Drop V1.5 I decided to use the supplied coils as well as cotton of which 1 piece is enough for both coils so save the other piece for re wicking. The coils ohmed out to 0.19 on the ohm meter . I decided to space the coils to get the best flavor. When cutting the coil legs if coils are in the post already make sure to get every piece that's been cut or you will end up with a short.

20210408_153205.jpg

Wicking the Drop V1.5 is also a easy process, leave your wick ends long, comb them out good then trim and place in the deep wick slots. That's another great feature ( DEEP WELLS ), this RDA holds a lot of juice.

20210409_171339.jpg

I was a little worried that the color that was sent would not match well with a device but I tried it on a few and it seemed to look good on blue, black or silver devices the best.

I decided to use it in squonk mode and used it on 2 different devices, first I used it on the Geekvape Squonker and it performed great except with a build of 0.19 and the Geekvape Squonker being a single 18650 device I was changing out batteries to frequently.

20210409_170208.jpg

So I elected for a dual 18650 Squonker and decided to use it on my Topside Dual and my build was reading 0.18Ω which was no big deal. Having a dual 18650 made things much better ( fewer battery changes ). I think the RDA matched up just as well as it did on the Geekvape Squonker. Flavor is above average on the Drop v1.5 and vapor will cloud a room up very fast.

20210410_070632.jpg

Because the interior of the deck is so deep and your working airflow slots are high up on the outer barrel over squonking is something that shouldn't be a problem as long as the RDA is in the upright position.

I have been using the Drop V1.5 for the past 7 days and have been very happy with it's performance, I don't always squonk and forget how much better flavor can be when using a RDA so I have been primarily using these 2 set ups all week and loving it.

Even the drip tip has remained on while testing it and it works just fine so I saw no need to use another. Adjusting the airflow works fine but I wish that not only the top but also bottom o rings were a bit larger, there not super loose but don't try to pick up your device by just grabbing the outer barrel of the RDA because it will just pull off letting your mod fall so be forewarned it will happen.

Apart from the last item I mentioned I could find no other cons with the Drop RDA V1.5 and if it's used as a desk device topper you should be fine. The many pros of this RDA far outweigh the o ring issue.

PROS

* Great Flavor

* Smooth Airflow

* Easy Build Deck

* Deep Juice Capacity

* Squonk Capable

* Many Airflow Options

* Plenty Of Vapor

* Hassle Free

CONS

* O Rings Should Be Larger

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Well folks I hope that I covered everything for you in the review of the Drop V1.5, as I mentioned earlier this RDA has been used primarily everyday this week and I won't be putting it away anytime soon, the flavor is above average with more than enough vapor and is hassle free, just drip or squonk and your good to go. If I was asked do I recommend the Drop V1.5 the answer would be 100% yes.

I would like to thank Geekvape for providing the Drop V1.5 for the purpose of this review as stay tuned for the 2nd and also a 3rd atomizer that I could not show just yet but they will be reviewed shortly. I hope that this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Drop V1.5 RDA.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread