hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m here today to talk about the new Digiflavor Drop V1.5 rda that was sent to me by Geekvape in order to provide a fair and honest review in order to help you the readers decide if it might be a good fit for you. I have to admit that I don’t use rdas on a daily basis and have only used a squonk mod a handful of times. Not sure why but I tend to stick with rtas and standard mods. However, I have used and reviewed some rdas in the past so feel like I can give a fair evaluation of the Drop V1.5. I will even go outside my comfort zone and set up a squonk mod in order to test the Drop with a standard mod and a squonk mod. I received a sample and not the standard packaging but will show you what was included in my sample and do my best to explain my experience with this rda.

Digiflavor-Drop-RDA-colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1x Drop V1.5 RDA
    2x Coil
    2x Feather cotton
    1x Spare parts pack
    1x DF triangular tool
    1x BF pin

Digiflavor-Drop-RDA-V15-package.jpg

upload_2021-4-11_19-27-24.png

upload_2021-4-11_19-27-56.png

PARAMETERS:

Size: 24* 42mm
    Coils: dual coil configuration
    Thread: 510

FEATURES:

-Dual-coil DIY system, easy to build and cut the coil-feet
    -Multi-air slot airflow control
    -Multiple airflow adjustments for smooth flavor
    -Supports DL & RDL vaping
    -810 drip tip
    -Compatible with squonk mod by BF pin

p8.gif

blue-black.jpg

Digiflavor-Drop-RDA-design.jpg

Digiflavor-Drop-RDA-V15-airflow.jpg

Digiflavor-Drop-RDA-V15-classic.jpg

Digiflavor-Drop-RDA-V15-deck.jpg

Digiflavor-Drop-RDA-V15-function.jpg

Geekvape-Drop-V1-5-RDA-Drop-Solo-RDA-11.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

The package that I received as a review sample was very nice and also included a second tank which I will review once it is released. The Drop V1.5 included two N80 coils, two cotton threads, a bottom feed pin, a triangular tool, and a spare parts kit. Like I mentioned earlier in the beginning, I’m not an extremely experienced rda user but have found with the ones that I have tried that I like honeycomb airflow which I immediately noticed the Drop V1.5 had so had a good feeling that I would like it.

The Drop V1.5 has two o rings on the base that hold the outer cap on. I found out after researching, that there had been some complaints about the o rings not holding the outer cap in place well enough. That has not been my experience. After building it with the included coils and cotton, I initially tried it on my Lost Vape Thelema which is a fairly large dual 18650 mod and was able to pick it up by the outer cap. That being said, I don’t know that I would do that over concrete.

The deck of the rda is the same deck as what was used on the original Drop rda. I never owned one so this deck was new to me. I have to say that I very much like the way that you can drop the coils in, tighten them, and go under the posts and trim the coil legs after the coils are installed. I was able to use one cotton thread to wick both coils. Once I had them cut to length, I combed out the ends quite a bit and trimmed the ends at about a 45 degree angle and made sure that the ends touched the somewhat deep base.

upload_2021-4-11_19-37-10.png

upload_2021-4-11_19-37-34.png

upload_2021-4-11_19-38-14.png

The outer cap of the rda has six slots cut in each side but only four on each side are actually used for airflow. The inner cap can be easily turned to either open just the bottom slot or if you continue to turn the cap then it switches to the honeycomb airflow that I like. I found with the included coils that I liked the two bottom rows of holes exposed and the wattage set at 58 watts. There is a single o ring on the airflow cap and there are o rings inside the top where the 810 drip tip is inserted instead of needing a tip with o rings on it.

After using the Drop V1.5 for a few days as a dripper, I went ahead and dug out a Pulse X squonk mod that I had purchased but never used and installed the bottom feed pin on the rda. I considered using the Aegis Squonk mod that I had previously reviewed but with it being an 18650 mod, I thought the battery wouldn’t last long and didn’t really want to push it that hard. So instead I used the Pulse X with a 21700 battery. Whether dripping or using with a squonk mod, I felt like the Drop V1.5 delivered what I consider to be very good flavor. I did notice when using with a squonk mod that it seemed like the base had a deep enough well that I didn’t have to squonk as often as I thought I would. Also, when using the Pulse X, it was light enough that I had no issues whatsoever picking up the mod and rda by the outer shell of the rda. The o rings held just fine.

upload_2021-4-11_19-39-23.png

IMG-4809.jpg

IMG-4815.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed testing the Drop V1.5 rda. I felt like it was well designed and well executed. I normally test tanks with a 6mg liquid but knowing that this was a dual coil high output rda, I went ahead and mixed up some 3mg liquid for testing. It’s a good thing I did. Even with the airflow only opened on two rows and at 58 watts I got a very dense and flavorful vapor production from this rda. It didn’t matter much whether used as a dripper or as a squonk. It performed very well in both cases.

I suppose one could just insert one coil and run it as a single coil rda but I don’t really feel like that would be the ideal set up for this rda. I didn’t try it as a single coil set up since two coils were included and it seemed intentional to test it as a dual coil build. It seems like with as many air holes there are in the inner chamber that there is almost an infinite number of airflow adjustments. To me that allows the rda to fit the preferences of more users.

So would I recommend the Digiflavor V1.5 Rda to you? Well, if you like big clouds with dense vapor and superior flavor production then yes I would. I didn’t have an issue with the outer cap sliding off like some users did. I would like to thank April and Geekvape for sending the Digiflavor Drop V1.5 Rda for review. Stay tuned for reviews on two more tanks that I have received and will be reviewing once given the go ahead to post them. You thought I forgot but I didn’t. A big thanks to the readers that make it possible for me to continue writing reviews. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to look for yourself.

Drop RDA V1.5 - Digiflavor

IMG-4826.jpg

IMG-4857.jpg

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review Hitt, I'm glad that your sample had larger O rings than the review sample I received for review, I made the mistake of grabbing mine by the barrel when it was first installed and the O rings were dry, the barrel held just fine but after some use the O rings became wet and the next time I grabbed it by the barrel it came off super easy and the device it was attached to fell on to my desk. It was only about a 5 inch fall and no damage to the mod happened . I have used many RDA's and for some reason the Drop V1.5 just seems to run forever before needing to be squonked.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread