Status
Not open for further replies.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Got my 25 today. Set it up and it vapes exactly like my 22s. I can see what you mean about the press fit on the chimney. Guess that was done to be able to put the glass into the chimney. First time that I have had a glass chimney section. Mine just fogs up so not sure what the point of it was. Seems huge compared to the 22. Nice but I would not buy another. Much rather stick to the 22. I have 5 in total now so don't need any more!!!

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
The glass is more of a novelty rather than a necessity.

The coil & wick are either set up correctly from the beginning or they are not - looking at them won`t change it and if they are wrong, it will leak/seep etc
and no amount of peering through the glass will alter that.

On a positive note, the fact that it is glass makes it appear (visually, at least) less massive than it actually is - allowing quite a lot of light pass through the middle section.

I consider this a plus ;)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Got my 25 today. Set it up and it vapes exactly like my 22s. I can see what you mean about the press fit on the chimney. Guess that was done to be able to put the glass into the chimney. First time that I have had a glass chimney section. Mine just fogs up so not sure what the point of it was. Seems huge compared to the 22. Nice but I would not buy another. Much rather stick to the 22. I have 5 in total now so don't need any more!!!

Yeah, I hear ya on the fogged up window, though, in between the condensation drops I can see if there is any juice starting to run onto the air reducer from the wick (it's nice to see if the wick stayed in place after the deck was screwed on), also can see if my wick is starting to scorch inside the coils. To get rid of most of the fog, I just give a short, unpowered draw to clear the chamber window up a little.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
The more I work with my 25, the better I like it, and the better I can build for it. With the glass chamber window in the 25, I saw how the juice was getting into the air tube and corrected it, one time it was from the juice dripping from one of the coil legs onto the air reducer (I moved that one leg), and another time it was from juice running from the wick onto the air reducer on one side (I moved that portion of wicking out of the way), then another time it was because I had the coil down too close to the air reducer (I kept moving the coil up until I fixed that problem). I have a very small pen type light that I shine into the chamber window to see what is going on in there, it really helped me out and eliminated a lot of guess work.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
it's nice to see if the wick stayed in place after the deck was screwed on
This particularly - but being able to see inside is generally a good thing.

After I have screwed my base on, due to the way the threading was done I can`t see a full side-on view of the wick, it`s about 45degrees towards the window so I can`t see it all clearly - assuming all are made slightly differently, where the threading starts and more importantly, ends...

..different tanks will be left with a different view of the wick/coil area.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
This particularly - but being able to see inside is generally a good thing.

After I have screwed my base on, due to the way the threading was done I can`t see a full side-on view of the wick, it`s about 45degrees towards the window so I can`t see it all clearly - assuming all are made slightly differently, where the threading starts and more importantly, ends...

..different tanks will be left with a different view of the wick/coil area.

Yep, another case of that good ol' Chinese QC, which is why I think that some don't find this tank as useful as others of us do, no two are completely alike but they are generally the same. It's the little things that count, a concept lost in manufacturing.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
After just thinking about the deck, I recall someone saying earlier (bigBopper maybe) about the whole thing being held together by the press-fit ring on the coil chamber.

This is true and if that ring happens to be loose, as it is with a couple of tanks we`ve heard about - the whole thing could easily potentially separate !

I just had an epiphany as it dawned on me, the seriousness of a loose press-fit ring :blink:

I would dare to guess that some have been made slightly looser than others, the tolerances on those two specific parts are tight and there`s no room for error.

If that ring comes out of the factory too loose - that is certainly a factory fault, it should be tight.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
After just thinking about the deck, I recall someone saying earlier (bigBopper maybe) about the whole thing being held together by the press-fit ring on the coil chamber.

This is true and if that ring happens to be loose, as it is with a couple of tanks we`ve heard about - the whole thing could easily potentially separate !

I just had an epiphany as it dawned on me, the seriousness of a loose press-fit ring :blink:

I would dare to guess that some have been made slightly looser than others, the tolerances on those two specific parts are tight and there`s no room for error.
If that ring comes out of the factory too loose - that is certainly a factory fault, it should be tight.

And hopefully be under warranty. I don't think anyone has tested that out yet (the warranty that is).

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
I have glanced over that thread but not read it fully.

The 3ml capacity stopped me in my tracks, that appears to be on the low side for a 24mm diameter atomiser.

I did have the earlier cthulhu when it first came out and soon tossed it into the trash (can`t recall why, but that`s not an unusual thing for me to do)

Not a fan of juice control either really, I have never found it necessary and often more of an annoyance in the past.

It is still on my subconscious radar though ;)

~~~~

I wonder if they`ll replace the Sirens under warranty for that ?
It must be worth trying as they are not fit for purpose if they are liable to easily separate.

Personally I would just jerry-rig it and use some plumbers tape or adhesive...or whatever.

(yes, yes I know...food safe adhesive...there`s always one, hehe ;) )

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I have glanced over that thread but not read it fully.

The 3ml capacity stopped me in my tracks, that appears to be on the low side for a 24mm diameter atomiser.

I did have the earlier cthulhu when it first came out and soon tossed it into the trash (can`t recall why, but that`s not an unusual thing for me to do)

Not a fan of juice control either really, I have never found it necessary and often more of an annoyance in the past.

It is still on my subconscious radar though ;)

I hear ya, juice control is a hit or miss feature, in my opinion mostly miss, and the review that Busardo did on it, did not show all of the tanks capabilities to the fullest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread