Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oil Film Is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why China keeps on referring to that air reducer/spreader as an "Oil Film" either. What "Film", and what "Oil" ?? Oh wait, maybe they are from Colorado and used to putting something else in their Siren's. ;)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That's right, you ordered yours from Slow Tech didn't you. I've waited for orders to come to me anywhere from 3 weeks up to 28 days here in Minnesota (and that's not including any of their Holidays either). Their Prices are sometimes Killer though, so it's hard Not to order from them, being the penny pincher that I am.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
I could have got the Kanger ones locally for the equivalent of about 6USD but there was no point in both of us testing the identical things...
generally speaking the UK is, and always has been quite abysmal for anything vape related.
A bargain or sale here and there but on the whole it`s been a very poor show over the years.

So plumped for the iwodevape clones from FT, as bizarre as they have become they can be quite good for unusual/odd bits & pieces - UK Express can get things here in about a week with a bit of luck and a heavily polluted asian tailwind behind them.

The 2nd siren 25 will be here today - 13 days all in from Gearbest with UK express postage, it could be worse and at least these pair are a known quantity.

Efun.top got the Lavabox here in 12 days, that`s fine but the comms were appaling, and by that I mean non existent.

So, china has it`s moments and for a great deal of the time it`s the only place to get certain things - it`s a wearying business vape shopping you know :sneaky:

Last edited:

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I don't know why China keeps on referring to that air reducer/spreader as an "Oil Film" either. What "Film", and what "Oil" ?? Oh wait, maybe they are from Colorado and used to putting something else in their Siren's. ;)

Actually. I think OIL FILM translates to Membrane. Which makes a bit of sense. Not that Insane. [emoji81]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thank you so much for your time and help! :)
Hopefully i find one with the reducer included... fingers crossed

If you decide to send an email asking the vendor about the diffuser, you might want to call it the oil film, because that's what Digiflavor calls it. I can't figure out why they'd call it that, but they do. We call it a diffuser here, and I think that's a much more accurate & sensible term, but the vendors won't know what in the heck you are talking about.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The Vaporesso Nebula arrived
(to reiterate - I wanted a second device for my spare Siren 25...a tank without a device, whatever next !)

It fits perfectly.
Photo_0001.jpg
Photo_0002.jpg

You can see the 0.5mm spacer between them just there - I forgot to remove it after taking it off the Lost Vape device it was on
(I cant even remember what it`s called the Lost Vape thingy...) Edit: It`s a "Skar"

So, a fair priced device to fit a Siren 25.

The ergonomics of the Nebula are surprisingly good for a 26650 device.
It looks and feels very compact and the visual size ratio between them is just fine (I`m funny about things like that)

Issue #1: I`m a thumb presser, no issues with that at all but as the device is naturally quite heavy, I`ve noticed myself nearly and also slightly pressing the fire button as I lift the device, when picking it up a certain way.
Not the end of the world.

(Edit: The reason for this it turns out, is because the fire button is notably larger and lower down the mod than on other similar devices - it is fine when in actual use, the button is not too low like some are, eg: I find the istick Pico button too low)

Issue #2: The Omni chipset has an annoying feature - which may not be to some.
If you remove and replace the atomiser - the device asks about New or Old coil, which you must answer with a button press.
The same is true when you replace the battery.
It resets the wattage to default doing either of these things !!! aaaaargh !

First world problems for sure - but I really wish it didn`t do that... I`ve avoided devices in the past that do it.

The nebula as it stands works really well, no fire delay - just needs more user options in the firmware.

Conclusion ? I will not be relegating it to the drawer of shame, certainly not throwing it in the trash (it`s not that bad !)
and will quite happily serve as a spare device for the spare Siren 25.

(The Lavabox 75 arrived at the same time - it will only fit a Siren 22 or else you`ll have overhang, it`s VERY light in weight)

(Edit: This was only ever about the Siren25 specifically but a 22 sits on top very well too)

Is the Nebula you are referring to the Nebula Wine atty I've heard of or a completely different one?

Edited to say, now I get it. The Nebula is the mod, not the atty. Like SNL's Emily Latella, I'll reply with never mind!

It's a gorgeous mod!

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If you decide to send an email asking the vendor about the diffuser, you might want to call it the oil film, because that's what Digiflavor calls it. I can't figure out why they'd call it that, but they do. We call it a diffuser here, and I think that's a much more accurate & sensible term, but the vendors won't know what in the heck you are talking about.

Ha Ha, Yes Just. If one were to call it a diffuser when messaging Digiflavor/GeekVape it might confuse them so much that they would Halt All of the Production lines, call for a Company Wide meeting, consult the Great "Funk and Wagnals Dictionary" and stop all Sales until they figured out what the heck part that message was referring to. :confused:o_O Please, let's not confuse them any more than they are already. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Ha Ha, Yes Just. If one were to call it a diffuser when messaging Digiflavor/GeekVape it might confuse them so much that they would Halt All of the Production lines, call for a Company Wide meeting, consult the Great "Funk and Wagnals Dictionary) and stop all Sales until they figured out what the heck part that message was referring to. :confused:o_O Please, let's not confuse them any more than they are already. :lol::lol::lol:

Right! If we did that they'd be so discombobulated they'd never manage to sell us the spare parts we want!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I asked you politely to refill my goblet, but noooooooooooooooooooo. :lol:

Kat is a master of creative nomenclature!

Creative nomenclature?

Krazy KooKoo No Men Klature.

I'm a mistress of language mangles. :D

Ha Ha, Yes Just. If one were to call it a diffuser when messaging Digiflavor/GeekVape it might confuse them so much that they would Halt All of the Production lines, call for a Company Wide meeting, consult the Great "Funk and Wagnals Dictionary" and stop all Sales until they figured out what the heck part that message was referring to. :confused:o_O Please, let's not confuse them any more than they are already. :lol::lol::lol:

Poor GeekVape!!! We've done them in, haven't we. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread