Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Me too. I know some folks use the Drop dual in single coil mode and like it. I find the chamber much to big and airy for a single coil though.
It looks like this one is the same way, very open and airy, especially for a single coil. I never was a fan of the original Drop because of that. The airflow set up bothered me a lot too (closing from the top to bottom but having the coil set up high) and this one seems to do the same. I was hoping this would have been more condensed of a deck, and have an airflow that closed from the bottom up so you don't have to cut off direct airflow to the coil if you shut it down any. Kind of disappointing.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
I keep the dual coil Drop in rotation but have a kind of love / hate relationship with it. I really like the flavour I can get from it (if the coils are positioned just right) and the airflow suits me (far more so than the airflow on the Pulse 24 which I just don't get at all, kind of staggered in half chevron style) but those long dangling wicks are a PITA to get right on wick density. Too thin and they over saturate and don't wick very well, too thick and they don't wick effectively. Works great when you get it right (which I do more often these days) but I find it's not easy. I always get the feeling that the wicks sagging against the top of the posts doesn't help (and you'd need a really wide build to push the tails out beyond the posts).

Maybe the Solo, with a straight drop from the end of the coil into the well will prove less tricky. I would sure prefer less wick length though. We'll see. Def plan to get one and I like the knurling they've put on the top to adjust airflow too. Hope they've improved the o-ring tolerances on the deck too!

Last edited:

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
MVS added them to stock today for $32.99 if you are looking for a US vendor that has them in stock.

I've pretty happy with my Nudges and Recurves. Will wait for some more reviews from you folks before stepping into this one.

I have both the Nudge 22 and a couple of Recurves so will do a direct comparison when the Solo arrives and after I've used it a few days. One thing I don't like about the Nudge 22 is the chuff cap drip tip, too fat and tuby for me. I swapped mine out for one of the spare drip tips that came with the Recurves that I really do like.

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 38

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I have both the Nudge 22 and a couple of Recurves so will do a direct comparison when the Solo arrives and after I've used it a few days. One thing I don't like about the Nudge 22 is the chuff cap drip tip, too fat and tuby for me. I swapped mine out for one of the spare drip tips that came with the Recurves that I really do like.
I too found the stock tip too big. I used an entheon 510 drip tip. It has a disk shape coming off the sides that fills in the recessed area of the nudge's top cap perfectly.
20180720_083449.jpg

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Yeah I tried one of the tall 510s from my Ammit 25, I think it was the style of the tip I didn't really like more than not liking the 510. Have a couple of slightly lower, wider 510s on order that I think will look more aesthetically pleasing than the Ammit chimney tip. Definitely prefer it closed down some though.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Finally it arrived today. It actually arrived in country 5 days ago, just at the start of 4 days public holiday.

Short version: Outstanding, absolutely outstanding!!

Opened the box, quick wash, built, up and running within like 3 minutes. Flavour absolutely superb and that's using the supplied coils (yet to look up their website as to what they are, some kind of fused claptons I think) coming in at 0.38Ω.

I liked the Drop a lot, just right for a dual coil, but I prefer single coil squonking and with a single on the Drop I find it's doable, just, but too big and airy. With the Solo they got it just right size wise, they haven't just chopped a pair of posts out. I also like the fact that the dangling wicks aren't straggling any posts to potentially disrupt the wicking. The build quality is excellent, great fit on the O rings and even if used for dripping this has an immense juice well. Supplied 2 drip tips are OK but I switched mine out for my current drip tip of choice from the Recurve (which Wotofo have coming soon as stand alone spares). Really like the knurling on the top which helps with airflow adjustment, currently using it with the top row of AF holes closed off (as I did with the Drop) and the flavour just pops, the flavour is REALLY intense with the the top two rows closed off.

Nice that they supplied the clear frosted low-profile cap and beauty ring but I doubt I'll use it, not so classy looking IMO plus it delivers what I want in it's standard format. Mine's built for the standard cap with a top mounted coil, likely I'd use a bottom mounted (e.g. from underneath the posts) to get the coil lower for the low profile cap. No cotton supplied (not that I'd use it) but they include two coils plus the standard bag of spares. Comes fitted with the standard 510 out the box but they include a squonk pin.

Really so impressed, I may even like it more than the Recurve. Plan to order a couple more. Definitely worth a look IMO.

20180801_103741.jpg
20180801_110031.jpg

Last edited:

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Finally it arrived today. It actually arrived in country 5 days ago, just at the start of 4 days public holiday.

Opened the box, quick wash, built, up and running within like 3 minutes. Flavour absolutely superb and that's using the supplied coils (yet to look up their website as to what they are, some kind of fused claptons I think) coming in at 0.38Ω.

I liked the Drop a lot, just right for a dual coil, but I prefer single coil squonking and with a single I find it's doable, just, but too big and airy. With this they got it just right size wise, they haven't just chopped a pair of posts out. I also like the fact that the dangling wicks aren't straggling any posts to potentially disrupt the wicking. The build quality is excellent, great fit on the O rings and even if used for dripping this has an immense juice well. Supplied 2 drip tips are OK but I switched mine out for my current drip tip of choice from the Recurve (which Wotofo have coming soon as stand alone spares). Really like the knurling on the top which helps with airflow adjustment, currently using it with the top row of AF holes closed off (as I did with the Drop), the flavour is REALLY intense with the the top two rows closed off.

Nice that they supplied the clear frosted low-profile cap and beauty ring but I doubt I'll use it, not so classy looking IMO plus it delivers what I want in it's standard format. Mine's built for the standard cap with a top mounted coil, likely I'd use a bottom mounted (e.g. from underneath the posts) to get the coil lower for the low profile cap. No cotton supplied (not that I'd use it) but they include two coils plus the standard bag of spares. Comes fitted with the standard 510 out the box but they include a squonk pin.

Really so impressed, I may even like it more than the Recurve. Plan to order a couple more. Definitely worth a look IMO.

View attachment 757877 View attachment 757879
Mine arrives in the mail tomorrow. I can't wait to use it. Thanks for the good review.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane

I liked the Drop a lot, just right for a dual coil, but I prefer single coil squonking and with a single on the Drop I find it's doable, just, but too big and airy. With the Solo they got it just right size wise, they haven't just chopped a pair of posts out. I also like the fact that the dangling wicks aren't straggling any posts to potentially disrupt the wicking. The build quality is excellent, great fit on the O rings and even if used for dripping this has an immense juice well. Supplied 2 drip tips are OK but I switched mine out for my current drip tip of choice from the Recurve (which Wotofo have coming soon as stand alone spares). Really like the knurling on the top which helps with airflow adjustment, currently using it with the top row of AF holes closed off (as I did with the Drop) and the flavour just pops, the flavour is REALLY intense with the the top two rows closed off.

View attachment 757877 View attachment 757879
just purchased the very same model from 3fvape this morning. here's to a fast slow boat.

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Essex, UK
Got mine this morning. Incredibly easy to build and wick.

From the reviewers I watched it seems that most of them preferred the PMMA cap. I’m preferring the metal cap. Plenty of airflow with the metal cap.

I have the Recurve as well and although I do like it, I didn’t like the way the top cap sits flush with the top of the mod, the inherent spitty nature of it (I put that down to it having no juice well & and my inability to not over squonk) and the just slightly too restricted airflow.

Still only using my first build in it but it seems equal to the Recurve in terms of flavour.

I really like the looks of the PMMA cap but not having the extra 4 holes is a bit of an unexpected issue for me as it seems I’m liking the metal cap with 7-8 holes open. It does look really good! Maybe they’ll bring out caps with the full 10 air holes.

After the GR1, Wasp & Recurve not ticking all the boxes I wanted ticked, seems this one might be the single coil I’ve been after.

It’s a good ‘un! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread