Recommend a new RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4ppucino

Jun 2, 2015
Hi everyone.

So I've been using the Tsunami 24 for 1-2 years now. Absolutely love the flavor. I'm not going crazy with my build, just 0.4ohms (total) of dual 24ga coils at 37-40W.

Well, one of the chimney has gotten loose (wobbling), and I'm getting leaks more often. I'm thinking it's time to get a new rda. Bought the Innokin Thermo because it looked beautiful in pictures. It's not a bad RDA per se, but as flavor goes, Tsunami is better by a mile.

So can anyone recommend me a replacement RDA that has better (or at least the same level of) flavor as the Tsunami? I'm looking for bottom feed airflow, and if possible, velocity styled posts, as I'm used to building coils with this type of posts.

Have looked at Digiflavour's Pharaoh, and Aura, but still open for other suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

c4ppucino

Jun 2, 2015
By pharoh do you mean The pharoh25?

Yes, the Pharaoh 25mm. I read a review somewhere about it being one of the best flavored RDA.

I have the Tsunami and the Kennedy 24. The 2 post deck Kennedy is different in that it only has 1 hole in each post, but the flavor is even better in the Kennedy. It's more expensive, but it will last you longer too.

Couldn't find an authentic Kennedy on fasttech. Only knockoffs (styled) ones. I try to avoid knockoffs for quality reasons. I actually used the Tsunami 24 knockoff originally, but I bought an authentic one later on for that reason. I shop at fasttech as I find that it's the best in shipping to my country (in Asia)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes, the Pharaoh 25mm. I read a review somewhere about it being one of the best...)

It actually is really good in my experience. It’s also exceptionally leak resistant. Many people hate it though. I’m assuming your experience was not good. This seems to be quite common. After messing around a bit I have a build on it I really like. It is not, however anything like the builds the box claims are possible. Hopefully this can make your pharoah25 worth using.

My personal opinions on the pharoah25 YMMV:
1. It is a single coil only RDA. More than one coil and there isn’t enough airflow.
2. No exotic coils. There isn’t room. You get room for a single 5 or six wrap compressed round wire coil placed low over the center hole.
3. You need a lot of cotton. Part of what makes the flavor good is the air of the side holes flowing over the wick cotton that hasn’t gotten to the coil yet. I run a 3.5mm coil
4. The cotton needs to go all the way down to the bottom of the juice well. Yes this means you don’t even get the whole measly 2ml of juice capacity. None the less it is necessary.
5. The airflow adjustment is cosmetic only. In reality it needs to be run full open. Yes this makes for a very airy RDA. It’s the only way it is a flavorful one though
6. The device is not actually an RDTA. The spitback protector included in the drip tip is necessary and prevents you from really using it as a dripper. You need to unscrew the cap every time. The good side of this is the screw on cap prevents leaks and makes the thing quite rugged.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Many people hate it though.
I just thought it was weird. First, the holes on the AFC ring were a different size than the ones inside the tank. Then, the extension cap to give you more liquid capacity had a second set of dividers in it. Which it had to in order to fill it, I get that, but it looked stupid. Combined with the AFC thing, it made the tank feel like a prototype. Like the weren't done resolving issues yet.

Combine that with the enormous size, yet tiny liquid capacity, and it made the whole thing really odd. Then again, considering who designed it... lol.

But, the flavor was good. You're right, it really doesn't work well with dual coils. Again, strange for the size. It's just a weird little tank, but it works ok.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Reactions: shreduhsoreus

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yes, I'm not a vape snob so I'm allowed to try whatever appeals to me.
The reason I said that has nothing to do with being a snob. He's using an open airflow RDA and asks for recommendations on a good replacement and you recommend a small tight draw MTL RDA. He didn't ask what you like. He asked for a recommendation for what he likes. Then to top it off you recommend an RDA you don't even have.

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
It's bottom airflow and also can be squonked, you won't find that often.

Bottom feeding atomizers are becoming extremely popular. There's the Pulse, Dead Rabbit, Goon, Druga, Nudge, Athena, Phobia, Iconic, DotRDA, all these came out within the last year or so and there are a bunch out there, some even come with the squonk pin pre-installed.

Berzerker is a pretty poor suggestion. Tsunami is a cloud chasing atty with great flavor, most people don't want to go back to tight draws after they've come to love airy draws.

I'm heavy into squonking now, so I have a hard time suggesting anything that isn't designed with squonking in mind.

c4ppucino

Jun 2, 2015
Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread