Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
House passes bill to restrict online sales of e-cigarettes

No one is really this stupid, right? If, you believed their words/intent, and they were really determined, they would:

-- Place strict bans on advertising of all tobacco and nicotine products
-- Restrict sales to smoke and vape shops, or online with age verification. Strip authorization for sales on the second violation by an entity within a two-year window.
-- Allow underage sales only with doctor's prescription
-- Establish real consequences for fraud, conveyance, misuse by physician (i.e. a la pain clinics), etc.
-- Stop demonizing nicotine and encourage the shift of cigarette smokers to lower harm alternatives.
-- Ban employment and insurance discrimination again these lower harm alternatives.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood but this just feels like is a campaign to punish ex-smokers. And it's pissing me off. We make a difficult and very positive change to better lives for ourselves and families, and our government responds by kicking dirt in our faces.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The noose continues to tighten. :cry:

Congress may be full of dimwits, but the author of this story is mis-informed:
The bill extends to the liquids that go into e-cigarettes, not just the e-cigarettes themselves. For instance, Juul pods, currently available for online purchase in flavors that aren’t available in brick and mortar stores, would fall under the bill’s purview and require an adult’s signature.
Juul no longer offers any of flavors except tobacco, mint, and menthol (the exact same flavors available in stores) on its own website either.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
House passes bill to restrict online sales of e-cigarettes

No one is really this stupid, right? If, you believed their words/intent, and they were really determined, they would:

-- Place strict bans on advertising of all tobacco and nicotine products
-- Restrict sales to smoke and vape shops, or online with age verification. Strip authorization for sales on the second violation by an entity within a two-year window.
-- Allow underage sales only with doctor's prescription
-- Establish real consequences for fraud, conveyance, misuse by physician (i.e. a la pain clinics), etc.
-- Stop demonizing nicotine and encourage the shift of cigarette smokers to lower harm alternatives.
-- Ban employment and insurance discrimination again these lower harm alternatives.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood but this just feels like is a campaign to punish ex-smokers. And it's pissing me off. We make a difficult and very positive change to better lives for ourselves and families, and our government responds by kicking dirt in our faces.

If all Congress does is Amend 15 USC 376a to include Nicotine products, I think I would call that a Win.

Text - H.R.3942 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act

[USC02] 15 USC 376a: Delivery sales

[USC02] 15 USC 375: Definitions

ETA: I Didn't see the Section 3 which would Restrict USPS Mailing of "Nicotine Delivery Systems".

Last edited:

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Ok, I'll bite. How would that be a win for us. It looks like a win for the ANTZ and a way for the government to make sure their outrageous taxes are paid.
Some people believe that it might be possible to save vaping can if we make enough concessions; among them to pay taxes as though we were still smoking. Thus they consider such concessions a "win" because they aren't worse, or an all-out ban.

FWIW: I'm not one of those people.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok, I'll bite. How would that be a win for us. It looks like a win for the ANTZ and a way for the government to make sure their outrageous taxes are paid.

Because there are MANY in Congress that would like to see a MUCH More Heavy Handed approach to Restricting e-Cigarettes.

Like Banning ALL Internet Sales.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just came over to post the postal restrictions that already passed the house. This all out attack just seems unconstitutional somehow.

Maybe I'm missing something? But an Adult Signature Requirement is that Bad?

To be Honest, I'm Very Surprised that it has gone this long Without One.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Some people believe that it might be possible to save vaping can if we make enough concessions; among them to pay taxes as though we were still smoking. Thus they consider such concessions a "win" because they aren't worse, or an all-out ban.

FWIW: I'm not one of those people.

I must Not be seeing it.

But where is the Tax that everyone is Talking about?

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Maybe I'm missing something? But an Adult Signature Requirement is that Bad?

To be Honest, I'm Very Surprised that it has gone this long Without One.
This part prohibits any mailing of any part of a vaping system and parts not approved by the fda doesn't it?
SEC. 3. NONMAILABILITY OF ELECTRONIC NICOTINE DELIVERY

• Useful

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This part prohibits any mailing of any part of a vaping system and parts not approved by the fda doesn't it?
SEC. 3. NONMAILABILITY OF ELECTRONIC NICOTINE DELIVERY

upload_2019-10-29_13-58-19.png

I Didn't see that.

Well that Kinda Changes things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread