Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
Dual 18650 device question.
I vape around 11ish watts / KFL's mostly @ 1.4ohm or thereabouts.
Have a couple old school single 18650 box mods, they're fine & last about 1 to 1.5 days depending on usage.
Is it accurate to assume that a dual battery device would last twice as long as a single given equal settings & usage ?
Would a single 26650 be a better choice ? (smaller)
If yes to either; Hardware recommendations welcome, small form factor preferred.
thx loads ... !

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Dual 18650 device question.
I vape around 11ish watts / KFL's mostly @ 1.4ohm or thereabouts.
Have a couple old school single 18650 box mods, they're fine & last about 1 to 1.5 days depending on usage.
Is it accurate to assume that a dual battery device would last twice as long as a single given equal settings & usage ?
Would a single 26650 be a better choice ? (smaller)!
Generally speaking, you will get approximately twice as long usage on a dual battery regulated mod than a single battery regulated mod.

However, I have used dual and 3-battery mods whose batteries lasted only a little better than one day. Disappointing results to me. Points to consider are the battery efficiency of the chip and the battery voltage cutoff point of the chip before it shuts down. I suspect the mods I had used had chips that were poor in battery efficiency and had a high voltage cutoff. Same batteries and wattage setting used in those mods that I use in my current single battery mod.

I am now using a single battery DNA chip mod and get a full days use with a Samsung 30Q 3000mAh 15A battery @ 30 watts. I'm a firm believer that DNA chipsets are more battery efficient. And with a DNA chip and Escribe you can generally customize the voltage cutoff to what you wish.

I won't attempt to answer your question about a 26650 battery mod because I have never used one. One would think that the mAh rating would give you an idea of how long the battery will last compared to one or two 18650's.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
A single 21700 device would probably be a better choice than a 26650 just due to availability of cells. I think the 21700 is gonna keep improving, although there’s lots of good one already, and the 26650 has hit a plateau. Just one man’s opinion but The Vaporesso armour pro looks like a good single 21700 mod and they are known for putting out good mods. I use some single 21700 squonkers so I don’t have many recommendations for regular mods but if you’re looking for longer runtime I’d say get a dual 18650 or single 21700 and a good efficient chipset.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A single 21700 device would probably be a better choice than a 26650 just due to availability of cells. I think the 21700 is gonna keep improving, although there’s lots of good one already, and the 26650 has hit a plateau. Just one man’s opinion but The Vaporesso armour pro looks like a good single 21700 mod and they are known for putting out good mods. I use some single 21700 squonkers so I don’t have many recommendations for regular mods but if you’re looking for longer runtime I’d say get a dual 18650 or single 21700 and a good efficient chipset.
There has been massive improvement in 26650 cells as well. I’ve got an ageis classic and the new cells are a full third larger capacity than my old ones. The 26650 is a mighty fat cell though. I agree that 2x700 is just a superior form factor with much better manufacturing choices available. Imho the only reason to buy a 26650 device is if you see a horrendously good deal on a really good one. I’ve heard of classic ageists being sold new for $35 which would qualify. If you do buy one of those though I suggest buying a 2x700 replacement bottom cap from geekvape which allows the ageis to use that size cell as well as 18650 and 26650

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy

Ordered the Armour Pro - 19 bucks delivered !
Also have an eleaf Invoke dual 18650 coming.
Needed to update a couple daily drivers that are 1/2 a decade old or more ; Original Protovapor XPV & a couple Vapor Shark DNA30's
Amazing how inexpensive the newer devices are. Hope these new ones last as long & are as trouble free ...
I treated those things like a rented mule for years, still working as new.
Maybe there's a reason they weren't 19 bucks ?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Needed to update a couple daily drivers that are 1/2 a decade old or more ; Original Protovapor XPV & a couple Vapor Shark DNA30's
Amazing how inexpensive the newer devices are. Hope these new ones last as long & are as trouble free ...
. That’s a nice deal. I hope you enjoy them for years to come. There has been some great deals going around lately.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Generally they aren’t though it varies drastically by model and manufacturer. Assuming your armor pro is real you should be ok. Seems a bit low priced for the genuine article though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread