Vision TOX vv only a lavatube with a facelift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I'll chime in and say that 2.5 ohm dual coils are perfect for most people (myself included) in the 5.5v - 6v range. 3 ohm dual coils wouldn't get enough power going to get both coils warm enough. Again - this is for most people. It wouldn't be a terrible vape, but all gettin 3 ohm DC's would do is limit your options.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to trying those, definitely. Thanks for the info, vaptamist! I love your screenname, btw. ;) . My question is, how far up on a tox will a 2.5 dc let you get? I'm guessing its not over 5v, but I haven't had that much experience with dc, and I don't have my tox yet. Plus I've never vaped a vv with a 2.5 amp restriction. I just ordered a 2.0 smoktech dc cause they had em in singles at my regular juice place, so I tossed one in to play with. They didn't have the 2.5s, but I'll definitely try that.

But anyone with a meter, a tox, and a 2.5 dc (like a smoktech, for instance), I'd love to know at what voltage the Tox stops you. For instance, if you set it to 6v, what do you get? Thanks so much for anyone willing to try out my experiment. ;)

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
Heya! Glad you like the screenname :) When I was using my v1 Provari - it also had a 2.5 amp limit, and I could push the 2.5 dual coils all the way up to the 6 volt limit. I found that I preferred them in the 5.6 -5.8 range, however. Even in a tank they got a little too hot for my taste. Since the tox's amp limit is the same, I imagine you could probably push it all the way up (or really close). 2 ohm should work pretty well too - they will cap out around 5 volts before the 2.5 amp limit kicks in - which is right about the same wattage level as a 2.5 ohm at 5.6/5.7 volts. This is about what you'd get on a Darwin putting it up to the max wattage (12.7). If you still think you want a little bit more heat, I'd suggest trying the 2.5's out.

One thing I did when I first got into VV was order a few different dual coil carto's at various resistances to find out which ones worked best for me - so it sounds like you're on the right track!

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Wow... I am flat out stunned that you can get it up that high with 2.5 amps limit! I havent quite figured out how to calculate amperage yet... that's a little beyond me. But I did totally brain drain all the info out of that PBusardo lavatube vid, with all the charts showing how high you can push each carto resistance. I swear that should be required reading. lol But the only thing he didn't make clear are which ones were dc, and which were single coil, and that matters, doesn't it? huh... maybe it doesn't. So I've got the boge 2, 3, the Resurrector 1.7 single coils, ordered the Smoktech 2.0 dc, will get the smoketech 1.5 dc with my nhaler tank, and will order the Smoketech 2.5 dcs... I'm so ready to rock this thing. lol Can you tell my vv box died a few weeks ago, and I've been desperately sucking the ego (joye, so its what..3.2v? aargh!). I flat out can't wait till my tox shows up! ;) but for now... I'm vaping vicariously whilst stuck at 3.2v. lol

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I notice LiteCig's "...Vision 'TOX' Vari-Tube Starter Kit [is] temporarily unavailable, for further testing."

What does this mean?

Maybe they found out some of them are possessed with that I dream of Genie lady. That whole "master" thing.

scottic2

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
NJ, USA
I just received my Tox from Litecigusa yesterday. I just watched your review and completely agree with everything you said. Inconsistent hits, subpar build quality, finicky switch, etc. When it works, it works quite nicely.
When I received mine yesterday, the battery charger, which is complete garbage by the way (IMO), was broken. The pieces of plastic were separated from each other, and the metal blade that holds the battery in place fell out when I took it out of the package. I immediately emailed Litecig, and they have a new charger coming out to me now.
I noticed the Unavailable message on their website this morning, so I sent an email, they replied "just a couple of units were having issues with voltage output".
Seems like it may be more than just a couple of units.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I just received my Tox from Litecigusa yesterday. I just watched your review and completely agree with everything you said. Inconsistent hits, subpar build quality, finicky switch, etc. When it works, it works quite nicely.
When I received mine yesterday, the battery charger, which is complete garbage by the way (IMO), was broken. The pieces of plastic were separated from each other, and the metal blade that holds the battery in place fell out when I took it out of the package. I immediately emailed Litecig, and they have a new charger coming out to me now.
I noticed the Unavailable message on their website this morning, so I sent an email, they replied "just a couple of units were having issues with voltage output".
Seems like it may be more than just a couple of units.

Ya, that bettery charger wouldn't even charge my batteries without me bending the sliding springy clip. Also, it barely holds the battery in the charger, so I used a rubber band. I hate the adapter for the charger, garbage indeed.

As for the Tox itself... totally not worth $70, much less the $90 that some suppliers are trying to gank customers with. Seems pretty damned half-assed to me. I e-mailed litecig, but I have to send the broken "head piece" in first to get it replaced thru the warranty. So I eat the shipping fee, plus I have to do without the unit while having to wait. :mad: I've ordered lots of stuff from Sean's site the past few years, I don't know why he can't send me a replacement in good faith and so I don't have to pay shipping twice if the second one is crap and I need to send that one back as well. :(

I should have waited before buying it, there were no reviews anywhere, just a "first look" video on youtube with a guy using a webcam that looked like the lens was coated in Vaseline. And no decent pics of it online.

Last edited:

scottic2

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
NJ, USA
I feel your pain. I'm going to hold off on contacting litecig for a replacement until we find out what issues they were investigating, as you said I don't want to pay to ship it back to them, only to get another head of the same quality sent back to me. Hopefully, they'll have a new head that fixes the switch and voltage issues that you and I have both experienced. I did reply to the email to let him know that I was one of the people also having problems.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I feel your pain. I'm going to hold off on contacting litecig for a replacement until we find out what issues they were investigating, as you said I don't want to pay to ship it back to them, only to get another head of the same quality sent back to me. Hopefully, they'll have a new head that fixes the switch and voltage issues that you and I have both experienced. I did reply to the email to let him know that I was one of the people also having problems.

Careful, there's only a 14-day warranty. So set yourself a reminder/alarm so you don't wait to long and get hosed.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
And guys... scottic, I just pm'd you about this... but seriously, if these are having this many issues on day one... even if you eventually end up with a functional controller head... how long will it function FOR? lol Sub par construction being what it is, probably vulnerable to all sorts of things. Do remember that you have an option to get a 3 year warranty on a $69 product at Squaretrade for $11, an extra $6 buys you accident coverage. I'm DEFINITELY gonna do that, just in case it dies entirely a few mos down the line. You have to buy the warranty within 90 days of purchase, but someone mentioned that its 90 days, or before the manufacturer warranty runs out... so that point is approaching pretty quick, if its only 15 days... And I've never used them before, but lots of people here have. They say squaretrade flat out just refunds your money usually within 24 hours of receiving the defective item on an item this cheap. They don't make you mess around sending it in for repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread