Johnson Creek Addict

Status
Not open for further replies.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I don't know what it is - the fact that over a year ago, the first e-cig i tried was a Blu disposable or the first juice I ordered was JC Red Oak Original - but after spending more money than I care to disclose (definitely more than I have on JC) - I cannot find anything that I can vape for more than a few toots. Now my daily vape is JC Tennessee.

Are my taste buds that unique? When i analoged - it was Marlboro Lights - but i hated the taste. Now I love the taste - but want a few more juice flavors I would like. Someone please help me. All i can now think of is for someone that loves JC Tennessee - and has found flavors from other vendors to help me - Please help me find more flavors. :(:(

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
TC is absolutely my all day vape. Love that stuff. If you like it a little sweeter, add a few drops of Vanda. Their customer service is also off the charts.
Beginning to think I was the only vaper on the planet that uses JC TC as my ADV!!!
Just to keep vaper's tongue from setting in....I'll take a few toots on some Clove WOW from Vapor4Life....36mg of pure ---well, the name says it ALL! But it's NOT something to vape for long periods, 36mg or otherwise...!!!8-o
BTW.....the TC I use is 24mg....I quit analogs to be rid of TOBACCO....but "Nick", like caffeine, is still my friend.....;)
Happy (vaping) Trails!

LLong81

Nov 10, 2013
North Bend, WA
I don't know what it is - the fact that over a year ago, the first e-cig i tried was a Blu disposable or the first juice I ordered was JC Red Oak Original - but after spending more money than I care to disclose (definitely more than I have on JC) - I cannot find anything that I can vape for more than a few toots. Now my daily vape is JC Tennessee.

Are my taste buds that unique? When i analoged - it was Marlboro Lights - but i hated the taste. Now I love the taste - but want a few more juice flavors I would like. Someone please help me. All i can now think of is for someone that loves JC Tennessee - and has found flavors from other vendors to help me - Please help me find more flavors. :(:(

JC does have a number of other flavors to try if you are looking for a straight tobacco. Silverthorn is another good JC tobacco flavor and they just came out with another one, Gold Reserve, as well. Which gives you Domestic, JC Original, Tennessee Cured, Silverthorn, Gold Reserve, Kiln House Silverthorn, and Red Oak Tennessee Cured. That is just with the JC juices. I prefer the Red Oak TC, and the Silverthorn. I haven't tried the new Gold Reserve or the Kiln House yet.

If you are looking for other options go to a local vape shop. A lot of them have tester units so that you can find the flavor you like. All I can say is if you don't like what you have go look for something else. I have found a number of flavors that I love just going to vape shops and testing flavors.

One more thing. The longer you go without smoking the better your taste buds will get. This means that flavors that you liked when you started vaping may turn into flavors you no longer care for. I quit in August of 2012 and in the last month or so I have found that flavors I loved I can't stand anymore. I put a couple of them aside for this reason. I got a new vaping system yesterday and pulled out the flavors I put up. I found that one I still hate and the other one I really like again, although it seems to taste completely different from when I vaped it before. This whole process is trial and error. Keep trying and you'll find what you need. The forums have also really helped me find a few flavors that are good. Check them out and see what the other members have to say. :)

LLong81

Nov 10, 2013
North Bend, WA
I have used a number of different systems. I started out with the Blue but quickly went with the JC Vea system. That is a good starter system when used with their cartomizers or the new canteen. I then upgraded to an iTazte VV with the IClear 16, IClear 30, and Kanger Protanks. Yesterday I upgraded to the iTazte SVD using all of the above cartomizers and clearomizers. I recommend using very low wattage/voltage on the cartomizers and canteen system. You will get a burnt taste very fast if the power is too high.

Hope this helps.

bstubblefield

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Muskego, WI
I'm glad to see folks out there who enjoy the JC juices. I really wanted to like them because they are super close to me and I can get the juice quick. I also love to see the videos of their super clean facilities. I sampled a few juices and unfortunately just can't get down with them. I had to think long and hard about what I didn't like about them. After thinking about it for a few weeks now, I think it comes down to 2 things - 1) I don't like mentholated fruits (Solstice) and 2) it seems like all of the JC juices I tried had a very dry, smoky tobacco undertone that just killed the experience for me. I was most excited about trying Vanda, but there's too much smoky something in it that kinda kills the vanilla to me. I thought I liked flavors with tobaccos before, but I'm finding that I prefer more of an RY4 where the tobacco is muted in the background rather that up front. I'm glad that there are many out there that do like their juices because they seem to be a class act company.

Kaori

Dec 11, 2013
Chicagoland
JC's TC is also my primary daily go-to flavor. I love it so much that I actually find myself adding it to other flavors to enhance them! lol For instance, as soon as it came out, I tried JC's Kiln House Genuine No. 22 and it was just 'ok' tasting until I added a few drops of TC and voila! Now it's nutty, sweet perfection! I'm a richly sweet flavor lover, so I also add a couple drops of Vanda to my TC to make it sweeter.

That said, as for other vendor's juices that satisfy my TC lovin' palate; I find myself returning to Velvet Vapor's Organic, 100% VG, RY4 equivalent called Vanilla Caramel Tobacco (w/a little TC added to it of course!), as well as their Caramel Machiatto which has a super low PG level that I can tolerate. Their Machiatto is on point! They also have a Bavarian Cream & a Dulce De Leche that are great!

I found JC's Island to be too pinapple-y and never thought of mixing it w/TC, so will definitely give that a try! Thanks LLong81!

eturf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I have not used JC juice for years until I recently got a sampler pack. In the past, I used 510 LR attys and dripped and all the JC juices seemed to clog attys so fast I could not use it. At the time I loved the JC Original and liked TN Cured a lot.

I recently got into RDAs, which do not clog and are easy to clean, so figured I would give them another shot. RDAs greatly increase the sweetness and flavor of the juice to me, plus my tastes have probably changed in the last 5 years, and I no longer like the JC Original since it's so sweet. The TN Cured was okay but not great since it had overtones of barbecue to me, as did the No. 22 to a lesser extent. I also got Espresso and I think it must be mislabeled since it tastes exactly like TN Cured, which is a pity since coffee flavors are my normal ADV and I was looking for a new one to add to the rotation. The Domestic is very good and I could use it on a regular basis. I should have tried the Silverthorn since it has good reviews as a plain tobacco, so will next time I place an order.

The one flavor I really liked was the Gold Reserve, which is a honey tobacco with some orange flavor, little sweetness, and good throat hit in my RDA. I could make this an ADV. Some reviews liken it to Tang to have too much orange flavor, but it tastes great to me.

One problem with JC juices is the price. $20 per 30ml is too much when using an RDA. I probably won't use these much due to this, but would like to find a similar flavor from a vendor like ECBlend. I will try a few custom blends to see if I can duplicate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread