Disaster Averted!!! GGTS AFSv2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Well, after weeks of near perfection. My #109 had a major problem, this morning... I just got to work when I noticed that my AFSv2 was sitting funky or kinked on my GGTS and closer inspection it was loose. I tighten it; thinking it just worked itself loose again. Then all of a sudden the AFSv2 fell off ... I was like wow, what happen... Then I closely inspected it was the brass adapter piece that broke in half... Luckily for me I had a buddy with a needle nose and I already knew that I noalox'ed the threads on the adapter piece I was able to chase it out...

I guess I wont be using my AFSv2 with my #109 anymore. I'll be connecting it with just the Golden GG and purchase a AVS upgrade for my #109 ...

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Well, after weeks of near perfection. My #109 had a major problem, this morning... I just got to work when I noticed that my AFSv2 was sitting funky or kinked on my GGTS and closer inspection it was loose. I tighten it; thinking it just worked itself loose again. Then all of a sudden the AFSv2 fell off ... I was like wow, what happen... Then I closely inspected it was the brass adapter piece that broke in half... Luckily for me I had a buddy with a needle nose and I already knew that I noalox'ed the threads on the adapter piece I was able to chase it out...

I guess I wont be using my AFSv2 with my #109 anymore. I'll be connecting it with just the Golden GG and purchase a AVS upgrade for my #109 ...

Send Imeo 10 euros and get a new brass piece.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Let me see $15 for a replacement part or $106 for a new AVS? No brainer in my book.

$106 is better I dont want to take anymore chances, of a broken adapter piece stuck in a GGTS or the AFSv2 ... Plus, when I said near perfection, is because I actually prefer the AVS over the AFSv2 now because of the better flavor. And with MWA posting about those Danco orings, if that corrects the problem with the AVS emptying into the collector tank; when its half full... It would be perfect...

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
that's a bummer then. I ordered a couple of extra adapters with mine, but so far haven't needed them. As far as the AVS..I've been debating doing the order for one, just because. I'm happy with the AFSv2 performance, but on those semi-rare occasions when the barometer drops suddenly around here(bizarre weather fronts), it would be nice to have the juice drop into a collector tank vs my shirt pocket. I'm also curious about the discussions of the AVS being easier to clean and such...still debating for the moment.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
that's a bummer then. I ordered a couple of extra adapters with mine, but so far haven't needed them. As far as the AVS..I've been debating doing the order for one, just because. I'm happy with the AFSv2 performance, but on those semi-rare occasions when the barometer drops suddenly around here(bizarre weather fronts), it would be nice to have the juice drop into a collector tank vs my shirt pocket. I'm also curious about the discussions of the AVS being easier to clean and such...still debating for the moment.

I tell you the difference for me is flavor... I own both and the AVS does give me alot more flavor. But, my AFSv2 is air tight; no leaks ... My AVS leaks like a siv into the collector tank when its half empty...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I tell you the difference for me is flavor... I own both and the AVS does give me alot more flavor. But, my AFSv2 is air tight; no leaks ... My AVS leaks like a siv into the collector tank when its half empty...

Thats the most odd thing and it happens only to you Rip. And I dont have an answer for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread