Discussion on Amazon forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but... there's a discussion on the Amazon Gold Box forum entitled: The worst part of quitting smoking...

Many posters in the long thread have mentioned e-cigs, so I posted my own views. I was immediately met with this response: "E-cigs are proven to have the same chemical in their vapor as deicing aviation spray. Mmmmm. Don't you wonder why they taste like antifreeze?"

I wasn't sure how to respond, having a) not heard that argument before, and b) never tasting antifreeze. I just directed -- maybe a bit childeshly -- the poster to Dr. Seigel's blog.

I bring this up because it's another incident of what we're up against.

Last edited:

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
The anti-freeze thing is pure stupidity. Propylene glycol is used in many ecig liquids and it's also used in some antifreezes. So people think that means ecig liquid contains antifreeze. You know what else has propylene glycol? Toothpaste, deodorant, medicines, hand lotions, shampoos, cosmetics, tobacco cigarettes. There's a larger list here: Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
N/A
When they say antifreeze, they can either be talking about DEG or the Propylene glycol. We all know that the amount (less than 1%) of DEG found was not in a toxic amount. The Exponent report already blasted them for not showing levels of detection, or that they didn't test their own products for the same chemicals.

Sorry they lost, next... I am stick of arguing over something we already won on. Just because they choose to remain uneducated does not mean I have to be their damn teacher!

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I think the antifreeze question has been answered by someone else. I added my $2.00 worth about harm reduction in general, and using e-cigarettes as a means of harm reduction.

Gee, you'd think that after two years as an e-cig consumer that the antifreeze would have at least made me sick.... The good thing is that I no longer need to wear a coat in the winter. (Just kidding).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread