Disposables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I am looking for some help finding a replacement disposable to try.

I stopped smoking 5 years ago when a friend suggested trying the White Cloud Fling disposables. They were such a great replacement, I did not really have a need to look at others. Until now.

The Mail Ban has caused White Cloud to stop shipping so I went on the hunt for something else. However, no matter what I try from local vape shops, they always hit my gag reflex and leave me felling like I just tried to puff from a Harley tailpipe. I have tried Hyde, PuffBar, AirBar, Dinner Lady, and a bunch of others that look exactly the same as those that I cannot remember their names.

What can I look at that will let me know what a good replacement would be? I know the amount of nic has something to do with the hit but the hit is not really the problem. It's just...everything. Is it DTL / MTL, is it the VG / PG thing? Salt or Freebase? I have googled till I can't see any more and I see a lot of talk about these things but I don't see them listed anywhere on the disposables and the vape shop workers just send me home with a bag full of the same stuff. Is there a way to compare without dumping a bag of money down the toilet to try everything?

I am willing to accept if the new stuff is just to "powerful" for me or if the market has just moved on from what I am comfortable with, I just thought I would ask here to see if there is some way I can find something else before just going back to the old cigs.

For reference, I was a pack a day (more or less) 100's smoker for 15 years. For the last five years, I have been using one 3.0Ml, 3.6% disposable (Fling Wide) a day.

Thanks!

Reactions: Superuser187

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is there a way to compare without dumping a bag of money down the toilet to try everything?

Not really. I mean you can watch and read reviews, but that can only get you so far. As far as taste, reviews are largely worthless.

Maybe you could try a Vuse, they have 4 models.

All 4 Vuse models are not disposable, they are semi-disposable. You recharge the battery and buy prefilled cartridges. When the battery no longer holds a good charge, then you buy a new battery.

Vuse is made by RJ Reynolds (Big Tobacco) so it is very widely available and you should find Vuse kits and cartridges just about anywhere you buy cigarettes.

Not many people here use disposables so you may not get much in the way of recommendations. Disposables are the most expensive way to vape.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If you plan on vaping long term, have you considered a refillable pod system. It is much more economical and environmentally friendly than disposables. You can do some research on the pod system that fits you best and then play around with different variations of juices until you hit the sweet spot that you are searching for. I agree with @BrotherBob that you should check out the vape pod section for more information.

Thanks all! I will check out Vuse and vape pod section.

The reason I use disposables is the ease of use. I travel a lot and I am also a bit absent minded about keeping things plugged in for the charge. Disp. are just easier to throw in my bag and not worry about. It sounds like I might have to just get used to the charging thing.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Charging becomes second nature, just like charging your phone. Plus you can use a pod while charging. The thing to look out for while traveling on airplanes is leaking. The pressure changes can cause the pod to leak. If possible empty the pod, before boarding a plane and place the pod section in plastic. At least do not have it completely full. I think in the end you will be happy with the refillable. Check your local vape store to see what they have in stock, so that you will be able to get supplies irregardless of the mail ban.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Hello Sirspooneth, and welcome.

Sometimes you do have to change your system to keep going and stay off cigarettes. Revision may seem like a challenge until you start exploring. It may be to your benefit that you're facing revisions while open systems are still available, batteries, tanks, liquids, coils. Some of the simple components that used to be costly are now inexpensive. MyFreedomSmokes is just one place still shipping, and there are others. MFS has a variety of starter kits.

I wish you the best of luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread