dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
i recieved my gbc, jolly park ranger,morning dew, caramel cookie, rice krispy treat yesterday and man oh man they taste bad. not sure what happened here but oh my. i understand taste is subjective but these dont taste anything like the names at all. kinda sux because i was looking forward to the order. oh well back to the drawing board.

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
WOW I am having the opposite experience. I just received my Philip more or less, Ry4, and Crisp Cola and they are all delicious right out of the bottle. I am even using them on a Volt with cartos. Really the first non SI juices I have liked.

Are they just bad or do you just not like the flavor? I mean I am not crazy about the Crisp Cola but its still delicious just not something I will use often.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
KVB makes some seriously good juice, Bob and his staff do one heck of a job,, I have Never received a bad bottle of juice from KVB and I've ordered a good bit. Could you maybe say a bit more about what's bad to you Jtracc, I'm curious to what your using to vape it with as well as what taste off to you as well as what other juice your use to vaping. Did you order it with extra flavoring or reg, and especially the GBC and Rice Krispity since there two juices I vape, how do these taste to you ?

I think it's a better idea to speak with Bob or staff if you think something isnt up to par, there good people and would surely try to help you out.

Last edited:

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
The ry4 and o g are good, a tad too sweet but good. I landed th others in cartos and they just taste bad I don't know any of other word to describe it, or they taste off with a funky taste. Went through 10 cartos thinking it was the cartos. I tried low res and sr and no luck. I won't speak to them bcause I dont want them thinking its something they did wrong. The flavored just are not good to me. Especially the rice Krispy treat, it tastes nothing like one with a really bad after taste. The morning dew is menthol which I hate and taste nothing like mountain dew. Jolly park rancher taste like potpourri, the caramel cookie also has a nasty after taste and it tastes nothing caramel or cookie. The gooey butter cAke also has a really bad after taste and just doesn't taste like cake at all. Seems like its just me then.

Last edited:

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I agree with harley, their juices tend to get better with age.

I havent tried all the flavors you mention except the mountain dew. That juice does better at lower voltage than their other juices. On a LR 2.0 boge, anything over 3.7v loses the lemon lime flavor. I like it at 3.5v on my lavatube. Gooey i like up around 4.5-4.7v.

Ive placed 7 orders with kbv now and all but 1 were perfect. I had one order in which all 3 bottles had the craziest burning throat hit ive ever experienced. KBV isnt known for throat hit so something was definetely funny. I was going to ship them back so they could taste them and figure out what was wrong but while i was out my wife tried them and threw the bottles away thinking they were bad.

Cherryblossom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2012
Florida
We've ordered over a dozen of their flavors now, and never gotten a bad one. We have had one or two that weren't favorites, but it wasn't due to the juice itself, it was just we realized some flavors we'd rather eat, not vape. I'm currently running 5 different tanks of juice, and KBV is in all of them. We keep multiple bottles of Blackberry Ice Cream, Peppermint Ice Cream, and Crisp Cola on hand at all times. We just recently got in a 15ml bottle of the RY4, and it's the first tobacco flavor I've ever tried and liked...it's almost gone, and I plan on purchasing another bottle. I have a simple setup compared to most...I just use an ego and stardust tanks.

Taste is an extremely subjective thing to start with, then add in days the taste buds are acting up, what type of equipment is being used, the age of the juice, how high the nic content is....and everybody tasting the same juice will taste something completely different. We tried out many really popular vendors before settling on KBV. For whatever reason, the juices from those vendors just didn't work for us and the equipment we're using, at the nic level we vape at. We'd never say they were bad juices, because as many followers as they have, they're obviously not....for whatever reason they just didn't hit that sweet spot for us.

Maybe KBV just doesn't hit the sweet spot for your vaping needs, and that's perfectly ok, but that doesn't make them bad by any means. The flavors you tried are very popular flavors, you could always try reselling them, or trading them for something you might like.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
I wouldn't give up on them yet. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, that I put mine away for 2 weeks steeping when they arrive. My last order included OMG. Even after 2 weeks steeping, I didn't hate it, but didn't really like it.....even put it up on the swap thread a couple of weeks ago. Today, I tried a little again....and OMG....it is pretty good now.

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I vape most of my KBV joose right out of the mailbox. Steeping does indeed change the flavor although sometimes I prefer them fresh instead of steeped. KBV has become very popular and has a large following. If you find after steeping that you still do not like them, I would almost guarantee that you will have no problems selling them in the classifieds if you choose to.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
1 month into vaping and I got a volt last week. I just got my bottle of Joosey fruit in the mail today. It is 60/40, 6mg with extra flavor. I can taste the Joosey but it's faint and has an after taste. Will steeping make it better? It says it was made on 5/14 so it's very fresh.

What's the best way to steep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread