Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes, seems that way to me, too. Probably short wires attached, so be gentle...

If you have a few tools, or access, get a small block of wood, maybe 2x4 inches, about 1/2 inch thick, and drill a hole in the middle of it, as close to the diameter of the SVD, or just a hair smaller. Then cut the board in half, through the middle of the hole you just drilled. The wood taken away by the saw cut makes it into a clamp.

It would be nice to find some strap wrenches that small....

Take step by step pics. Not just for everyone here who has one, but so you know how it goes back together. In case a wire gets broken, you'll have a good chance of knowing where it came from.

But first, double check all the obvious. Charged battery, power on/off 3 click, display works, functions work - ohms, battery volts, etc. Everything functional and shows a topper when there is one, just won't fire?

And good luck!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yes, seems that way to me, too. Probably short wires attached, so be gentle...

If you have a few tools, or access, get a small block of wood, maybe 2x4 inches, about 1/2 inch thick, and drill a hole in the middle of it, as close to the diameter of the SVD, or just a hair smaller. Then cut the board in half, through the middle of the hole you just drilled. The wood taken away by the saw cut makes it into a clamp.

It would be nice to find some strap wrenches that small....

Take step by step pics. Not just for everyone here who has one, but so you know how it goes back together. In case a wire gets broken, you'll have a good chance of knowing where it came from.

But first, double check all the obvious. Charged battery, power on/off 3 click, display works, functions work - ohms, battery volts, etc. Everything functional and shows a topper when there is one, just won't fire?

And good luck!

all the obvious been taken care of. One day I started finding juice seeping out the bottom cap when upright. Shortly after the fire button started acting up, wouldn't fire, wouldn't turn on. A crying shame, a non sealed connection to start with...

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Nice find

Wonder if the guts inside spin as you unscrew it (once you take the display cover loose, otherwise it could rip the soldering of the wires going to the head assembly

Using google translate
05d3.jpg

Unscrew the screen protector with whipped cr-v t5. Orazy pull the plastic cover. Photos of odlutowania pina did not. Just pull the pin, attach soldering, and he will fall off.

rhpl.jpg

Then unscrew the top cover.

8sf7.jpg

9yvl.jpg

Pull out the plastic sled with a flathead screwdriver. Careful questioning that did not blow up.

vs81.jpg

Carefully pull the electronics that do not blow up.

6g21.jpg

Places where you have to unsolder the plate.

is0x.jpg

I ferelny the size 4,5 x4, 5 mm and a height of about 7 mm from the base.

Um..remove the battery first...silly :D

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
important info
we have two types of heads
one just glued, another threaded (like above)..It has two small dents, probably for special tool

my SVD (FT) head is glued (faulty fire button) and I don´t have any idea how to remove glued head

You too bought it at FT? I think they buy rejects, that's why they sell it at half price. I'll try to get one from healthcabin instead when I can cough up the cash...

JX3P

Aug 25, 2012
Czech Republic
I simply used small flat screwdriver, hammer and brutal force - no way :eek:)), yes my SVD from FT.
My fire microswitch totally dead without click.
I´m 100% sure that problem is not with microswitch, but with inner construction design because of long distance between fire button and microswitch and he is highly stressed horizontally sideways. This will be probably problem to future for many users.

Last edited:
Reactions: mia347

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
I simply used small flat screwdriver, hammer and brutal force - no way :eek:)), yes my SVD from FT.
My fire microswitch totally dead without click.
I´m 100% sure that problem is not with microswitch, but with inner construction design because of long distance between fire button and microswitch and he is highly stressed horizontally sideways. This will be probably problem to future for many users.

I have the same problem, after 5 months the switch misfires. difference is that I bought mine from US vendor. Unit still fires but sometime will shut off or misfire. Click sound is gone completely tough.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread