Diy base mix &??? Help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
just an opinion but if you want a real banana flavor use flavor art if you want candy taffyish use inawera. I think those are the 2 best depending on the taste you want. FA is kinda light flavored and inawera is like pouring a bag of banana runts in your mouth lol...... to me anyways
Ripe Banana from TFA, everyone else swore by it. Made a pear, honeydew, strawberry & it was delicious, but 1 flavor was messed up lol. Maybe it needs to steep. I said 40 pg 60 VG ratio earlier, 1st time trying higher VG & I liked the smoother throat hit, maybe cuz I smoked lights?

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I figured someone would know a better %. I was just guessing based on other TFA flavors. What % would you recommend?

TFA Ripe Banana is ULTRA strong (it's also a tank cracker) - we've never used more than 3%...and when we used 3% it 'blew out' the other flavors almost entirely. If/when we use it, we start at .5% - 1%....and take it from there.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
just an opinion but if you want a real banana flavor use flavor art if you want candy taffyish use inawera. I think those are the 2 best depending on the taste you want. FA is kinda light flavored and inawera is like pouring a bag of banana runts in your mouth lol...... to me anyways

Glad you posted that....just took Inawera banana out of my cart...I'll get the FA version later.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
There are many options out there for nicotine base. Did you try your nicotine solution without any flavorings to see if it has a taste to it? Some nicotine solutions can taste peppery and that can alter the taste of any recipe. Mix your nicotine with your PG at the 24 mg you prefer and see what it tastes like.

I've heard that Inawera makes the cleanest nicotine, but I haven't tried it yet. As far as base ratio, that's a matter of personal preference. People are all over the board here in what they use. Some do all VG, some do varying ratios of PG/VG. I wouldn't recommend all PG, but that's just me. You can dilute your VG with distilled water at 5-10% to loosen it a bit.

You can refrigerate plastic, you can freeze plastic. But, if you will be receiving your glass bottles soon, I don't think you need to refrigerate anything until then.[/QUOTEUnfortunately this is the 1st time I heard of Inawera. I will check it out. Ppl mentioned Wizard Labs & Ejuice4u is 2 top sites. I went with Ejuice4u for nic, pg & vg. Should I just make like a 5 ml bottle of what will be a recipe with my base, pg & vg & try it before adding flavoring? I've honestly never done this but I imagine I will know if it is s**t nicotine.... Like I said, my other batch was great, just Nana ick. wonder if it's even worth saving by adding more of everything, probably not. As for VG, I can add Distilled water to the big bottle of VG?
Sweet, Ty very much. I really appreciate the tips & help. I heard ppl mixing there bases w/ the pg & vg, putting that in freezer so they just gotta pull out & add flavoring. Why not do that, but refrigerate? I can see breaking down & freezing huge bottles of nicotine. I should write to someone who updates the flavor list for FTA & have them put banana at a VERY SMALL % lol. we live & learn! Ty again, & Ty everybody

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Lets see if I can help.
You want to make a10ml batch at 40/60 PG/VG. Thats going to be 4ml PG & 6ML VG total.

Your using 100mg/ml Nic (50/50) and want 24mg/ml strength. You will use 2.4ml in a10ml batch. For your total ratio that counts as 1.2ml of PG&VG since your Nic is a 50/50 mix.

Most flavoring is PG based so flavoring will also count towards your PG.

Your calculator should allow you to enter your Nic strength (100 mg/ml) its PG/VG ratio (50/50) and your desired finished mix strenght and ratio.

If it doesn't, I suggest trying a different calculator. I also use ejuice me up and really like it. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve, maybe I went wrong or calculator is wrong, probably me.. I guess it's the 50-50 base that's getting me.
OK.. 10 ml batch 2.4 ml of nicotine yep. this is how I entered it in my calculator
base set up at 50-50 calculates to 2.40 ml
pg set up at 40% calculates to 1.80 ml
vg set up at 60% calculates to 3.80 ml
MG of nicotine 24 mg
flavor on banana was 20%
So if I did something wrong & am all turned around, plz by all means explain or even PM message me! I tried the calculator u said but kept saying negative vg or something. Maybe I am going wrong w/ something. k, I feel dumb haha. I am usually a fast learner ppl!!!! OK, get back to me when ya can. TY

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
Unfortunately this is the 1st time I heard of Inawera. I will check it out. Ppl mentioned Wizard Labs & Ejuice4u is 2 top sites. I went with Ejuice4u for nic, pg & vg. Should I just make like a 5 ml bottle of what will be a recipe with my base, pg & vg & try it before adding flavoring? I've honestly never done this but I imagine I will know if it is s**t nicotine.... Like I said, my other batch was great, just Nana ick. wonder if it's even worth saving by adding more of everything, probably not. As for VG, I can add Distilled water to the big bottle of VG?
Sweet, Ty very much. I really appreciate the tips & help. I heard ppl mixing there bases w/ the pg & vg, putting that in freezer so they just gotta pull out & add flavoring. Why not do that, but refrigerate? I can see breaking down & freezing huge bottles of nicotine. I should write to someone who updates the flavor list for FTA & have them put banana at a VERY SMALL % lol. we live & learn! Ty again, & Ty everybody

I don't know anything about Ejuice4u. Wizard labs I have tried and I like theirs fine. You can get Inawera here: Vapers Tek

If your other recipes turned out fine, then I would assume your base ingredients are okay though. If you want, you can make a mix of just PG/VG and your nicotine strength and vape it to see what flavor if any your nicotine has.

I would do a 5ml test recipe with your desired PG/VG mix and I would omit the nicotine so that you don't waste it. The other recipe you made with the 10ml, personally I would just dump that one and start over again with a much lower % (I think we2rcool suggested 0.5%-1%). If it has an alcohol taste to it, I would let it breathe with the cap off the bottle for about half a day, then cap it and steep for a day or two. I steep everything, but not everyone does. And some heat steep via various methods. It's a matter of what you prefer.

For people who use a higher VG level, or 100% VG, they use distilled water to loosen it as VG is very thick. Distilled water at lower %'s (1%-3%) can also make some flavors pop or shine, according to those that do this - I haven't done it yet.

It's up to you what you want to do as far as refrigeration/freezing. I have enough in a dark, cool place to play with right now. The rest I have in the freezer. I set aside about 250mls PG/VG mix to play with. Nicotine, I have 30mls of 100mg set out for use. The rest I have in the freezer. Freezing the ingredients will make them last longer and keep the nicotine from oxidizing.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
By your numbers, you ended up with a 50/50 mix.

The numbers:
Nic 2.4ml (1.2 ml of PG and 1.2ml of VG since it's a 50/50 mix)
20% = 2 ml of banana flavoring (counts towards PG)
An additional 1.8ml of PG and 3.8 ml of VG
Total PG: 1.2+2+1.8=5ml
Total VG: 1.2+3.8=5ml
5ml of each = 50/50 mix

I'm not sure why the calculator came up with those numbers, I don't use that one. I'm on my phone now so I can't run the numbers on EJuice me up. I'll try later on to see if I'm getting negative numbers. It shouldn't, to get the 40/60 mix you wanted, it would have just been 1 less ml of PG and 1 more ml of VG. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Steve

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
double post

Attachments

• banana.jpg
    banana.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
double post
Thanks for posting this pic. My numbers on Liquix are the exact same as what u have entered, my guess is it's not calculating the nicotine base correctly, I will probably just use this w/ my computer... I use my phone for EVERYTHING lol. Everybody said 100 MG nicotine is better cuz it's stronger so you won't use as much. Ty

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
double post

Nic : 2.40ml
PG : 0.80ml
VG : 4.80ml
Ripe Banana : 2 ml

24mg 60 VG/ 40 PG

I have my nic set to 100mg 50/50 So I don't know how you got your numbers[/QUOTE]
Nic : 2.40ml
PG : 0.80ml
VG : 4.80ml
Ripe Banana : 2 ml

24mg 60 VG/ 40 PG

I have my nic set to 100mg 50/50 So I don't know how you got your numbers[/QUOTE]

yeah, I tried a new app & numbers came out fine. I wonder if it's not calculating the base, no idea. Glad I had bad banana or who knows how long I would've used it for. My 1st one with honeydew, pear & strawberry is great. Ty, appreciate everything

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
i use the same calc for android. Your setup seems right but what % are you using for banana? Which flavor company is the flavor from? we need that info to help find the problem
Do you use Ejuice me up or Liquix for android? If u use Liquix, will you put in 100 MG 50-50 base, 40 pg & 60 vg, 20% flavor & 10 ml & see what numbers it gives you? I don't know it it's not calculating the base or what cuz my numbers are in correct! Love it but not if it's wrong. I like Ejuice me up on computer but for some reason not Android. Ty again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread