DIY Battery Holder for 18650's

Status
Not open for further replies.

plandun

Oct 4, 2015
Forstner bits work really well. I use 1 3/8"-1 1/2" for my 50ml bottles. A 1" for my tanks and use a 5/16" bit for drilling into the hole that the forstner bit left behind for the end of the tank to sit in. Plus 3/4" for battery holes and the only thing really left is a small

dim
0e50f3f69c78d31aa1ce440148b5b9fc.jpg
ple.

This one isn't quite finished yet as I need to drill some 13/32" holes for my drip tips to go on.

Anyone know what I could use for a finish? Maybe some varnish or a coat of some type of plastic film over top to keep the wood in good shape. I just started to do these. I am no wood worker (by trade I'm a journeyman welder but due to an accident have been not able to work for the last 8+ years) I have done a couple for my Mom and my Sister and they really like them, all though they are not as big as mine though.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Forstner bits work really well. I use 1 3/8"-1 1/2" for my 50ml bottles. A 1" for my tanks and use a 5/16" bit for drilling into the hole that the forstner bit left behind for the end of the tank to sit in. Plus 3/4" for battery holes and the only thing really left is a small

dim
0e50f3f69c78d31aa1ce440148b5b9fc.jpg
ple.

This one isn't quite finished yet as I need to drill some 13/32" holes for my drip tips to go on.

Anyone know what I could use for a finish? Maybe some varnish or a coat of some type of plastic film over top to keep the wood in good shape. I just started to do these. I am no wood worker (by trade I'm a journeyman welder but due to an accident have been not able to work for the last 8+ years) I have done a couple for my Mom and my Sister and they really like them, all though they are not as big as mine though.

Isn't it Nice to not have a Jumbled Mass of Hardware rolling around on your Desk?

As for a Finish. Water Based Polyurethane is very easy to work with. And Clean Up is a Snap.

plandun

Oct 4, 2015
I went out and bought 2 routers, 1 with a table, a jigsaw and whole crap load of forstner bits as I already had hole saws and drill bits. I already had a drill, saw, palm sander and drilling table, that mind you haven't been used in years because of my workplace injury and the pain every year since it happened but I get down in the basement when I can to do anything. Home all the time and can only do stuff when I feel less pain to do so. That piece I showed has been in the works for almost 2 weeks now. It sucks. Just figured I could put my tools to good use and power tools are so much easier than trying to sand by hand.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread