Smoktech Rebuildable Tank Problems???

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Thought I'd pull out my Smoktech tank which didn't impress me when I first got it and try ss mesh wick, Genesis style. Drilled out the current wick hole, looking from the top, on the left, to 7/64". Took a wooden toothpick and pushed it down into the current air hole tightly and broke it off level; repeated the process with the right side wick hole, sealing them both off from the outside world. Cut a piece of 400 mesh to a size 7/8" x 1.5", and rolled it around a 5/64" drill bit to make a tube 7/8" long. Tested, and it fit perfectly into the new 7/64 hole. Oxidized one end, and inserted it down into the tank. Wound 4 turns 32 gauge Kanthal around it and made connections. When I tested the coil, it measured 2.1 to 2.2 ohms. All looks good so far. Wet the wick, burned, seemed great. Assembled and marked the tube and drilled a 1/16" hold in the plastic tube right next to the new wick for my new air hole. Filled the tank and began to vape.

My problem is that I can't seem to hold the hit! It's not burnt, just extremely full of vapor and throat hit. My question is, should I continue to use this as if I have created a super vaping machine, or should I retire it in favor of a somewhat lesser device?? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread