DIY Box Unregulated Box Mod - 450W Build Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikZak

May 28, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Awesome, only reason I ask is because like you I want to also build a high power capable device... but mine will hopefully be capable of 1.5kW... using a 65c/130c RC battery... mine will obviously be a lot bigger than yours but should have a much higher margin for safety using batteries capable of much higher amp outputs than VTC's

again, like you, I never plan on building a 0.0012 ohm coil to get to that 1.5kW power output but it's nice to know that you can do it

it's kind of like, why do we modify our cars when we can't go faster than 70mph or 110km/h on public roads? We do it because we know that no matter what, if we ever wanted to, the power is there and it's all about the chase

CptJYossarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Did you even read this article? He was using non-OEM charger, and it caught fire lighting an OXYGEN TANK in his room up. The e-cigarette itself was not the issue, it was the guy being dumb as nails.

That article is confusing two separate incidents. One guy died in a fire with an oxygen generator and in separate incident a guy's mod got hot, he dropped it and it exploded spraying shrapnel everywhere.

bwoodroof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cookeville, TN
www.facebook.com
Ok, so after using this mod, and building it, I would make a few changes to alleviate any headaches.

1) Buy Vape3D battery tray

2) Solder Mosfets and heat shrink together in groups of two

Note: Charger was DOA, still waiting for replacement.

I have used the mod for about a week with a .07 build and it is amazing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread