Not open for further replies.

bwoodroof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cookeville, TN
www.facebook.com
yep, I'm using 65c RC batteries in my boxes

I got a design for a 2k box using saddle LiPo batteries. Only problem is that I don't believe the Fat Daddy v3 or v4 510 connector can hold that kind of power. I may be looking for a different insulator for the 510 that has higher heat tolerance than Delrin.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
I don't have the specs handy... but I would be looking at the dimensions and materials and figuring out the drop and amount of joule heating to expect. Speaking of heating... if you ever ran anywhere near that capability, I'm thinking the issue could actually be just that heat from the coil/juice will get wicked by the entire box through the center pin as well as the 510 threads and any other direct contact such as the bottom side of the tank. Even at between 100 - 200W's the atty housing can get pretty hot rather quickly.

bwoodroof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cookeville, TN
www.facebook.com
I don't have the specs handy... but I would be looking at the dimensions and materials and figuring out the drop and amount of joule heating to expect. Speaking of heating... if you ever ran anywhere near that capability, I'm thinking the issue could actually be just that heat from the coil/juice will get wicked by the entire box through the center pin as well as the 510 threads and any other direct contact such as the bottom side of the tank. Even at between 100 - 200W's the atty housing can get pretty hot rather quickly.

Yeah, I agree with you about the attys getting hot at those levels. Best thing I can think of is to build an atty myself with a ton of metal fins.

edwinoey

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Anywhere
I would say its a great build. but from what I heard and boxmod I tried, it is just to low to build up to .03 since i tried box mod that handle up to 0.5 and that is 4 PARALLEL battery! 4 my friend! you could get more amp limit by adding more battery but its just too much I guess. yeah, vape safe bro! doesnt mean u can, u should do it - Pbusardo :D just sayinnn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread