DIY e liquid harsh; possible nic base getting stale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaininsD

Aug 20, 2011
San Diego
Hi, looking for some insight to see what/if i'm doing something wrong with making my e liquid.

Does eliquid get stale? It almost feels like i'm vaping 2 week old analog cigarettes. I've had my base liquid for about 5 monrths now and its stored in a dark cool place. I mix my juice to 80vg/20pg (nic base and no nic base both VG, Flavoring PG) @ 15mg. I like mostly VG for the fatter thicker clouds. I'm currently using RTS Vapes' base liquid and Flavorart's Flavoring. I'm also using Todd Muller's calculator

I've read on here that PG creates more of the TH, but considering my juice is mostly VG this wouldn't be a factor.

I don't think i'm vaping too high either. I currently have the Hornet RBA @ 1.7 ohms on the Provari Mini at 4.1v.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I've had my base liquid for about 5 monrths now and its stored in a dark cool place.
I also use RTS nic juice. Has it gone orange in color? I store my flavorless nic juice in the freezer. Have a batch ( for test purposes) from 1 1/2 yrs ago and it's still vapeable.. Realize the enemies of nic juice are:
heat, light and air- if there's too much air in the container quality will be affected.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It should be ok but because the bottle was only 1/4 the air has prolly affected it. Next time you order shake well and take out what you might need for 2? months. Put the remainder in triple sealed bags in the freezer. It won't freeze but will gel. When I get juice I fill small glass bottles with little or no air. To rule out the flavors mix a tiny batch of unflavored juice and see if that taste remains WITHOUT adding flavor.

Thanks Vapoor. If you're referring this to the color of my nic base; yes it is a light orange color. Does that mean it's gone bad? there is about 1/4 left in the white bottle it came with. the base nic is at 100mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread