DIY Flavor Shack Flavors - What percent are you mixing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I recently got an order from dawn at DIY Flavor Shack and am curious what percentages other DIYers are mixing her flavors at and also looing for some recipe ideas, I have tried a couple out without much luck so looking to get some guidance from more experienced folk. I am using 100% VG for my base so I am also curious about how much if any Distilled water to use to cut with.

Peanut Butter Exp
Chocolate Exp
Perfect Peach Exp
Brown Sugar
Holy Vanilla
Cafe Napolean
Sugar Cream
Bourbon
Strawberry

I also have some EM and menthol crystals also lemon juice (I read it supposed to help with fruit flavors?)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Well, I think some of those mentioned flavors are PG-Based, so, depending on how much flavoring you actually use, you may not have to use (as much) distilled water to dilute the blend.

As for recipes, I find it to be disappointing at times (though not always) following the instructions of someone's recipe. I might recommend that you try each flavor by itself first, then do some test runs on a couple of flavors together to see how they come out.

An easy way to do a preliminary testing with two individual flavors: Drip equal amounts of each single flavor into one atty, and if they taste good together, then mix a bottle with the flavors intertwined. This will save you the frustration of making 5-10mls of what you may later come to believe as useless juice ;)

One more thing from me: I would try and avoid using extra ingredients (EM, sweetener, etc.) unless the blend simply isn't working, and you wish to try them out to improve the recipe. I say this, because, I personally don't think it's necessary a great deal of the time to add additional ingredients. So, in a nutshell, keep it simple! If possible...

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
The rule of thumb is not to exceed 20% combined for all flavors.

I'd agree with this for my own personal use, however, there is really no rule to flavor limitation. I've read that some people enjoy some recipes at 30%+

In fact, there is one very popular juice that is supposedly close to 50% in flavoring (Boba's Bounty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread