DIY Help - Reducing Max VG e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Hello,

I've never made my own liquids or anything before bu have a question for those that have. I assume this will work but let me know if this will not work.

So, i have a Kanger Sub tank Mini on an ileaf 30w box but when i vape max VG liquids or even 80%VG, i get a burn taste as the atomozier is not wicking it very well.

So, i am thinking that if i take 30 ML of a max VG liquid i bought which isnt vaping well, (lets imagine this is 100% VG) and add 7.5ML of pure PG, i will essentially have a 75% VG / 25% PG end liquid?

So, am i going about this correctly? Also, will simply adding in a pure PG blend together to make it able to vape in my set up?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@Lacit1707 - Your mix will yield an 80% VG result. If you want 75% VG, you'll be adding 10mL of PG to your 30mL of 100%VG liquid. Either way, you should get a mixture which will wick better in your ST Mini.

You could also try adding a few drops of distilled water to thin your liquid, and then a few more as needed until it works well. VG will eat the water right up, and you might get to a low enough viscosity without as much impact on flavor.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
@Lacit1707 - Your mix will yield an 80% VG result. If you want 75% VG, you'll be adding 10mL of PG to your 30mL of 100%VG liquid. Either way, you should get a mixture which will wick better in your ST Mini.

You could also try adding a few drops of distilled water to thin your liquid, and then a few more as needed until it works well. VG will eat the water right up, and you might get to a low enough viscosity without as much impact on flavor.

appreciate the help!

Ive actually been doing a bit of reading since i posted this and am reading that distilled water will work perfectly fine too. im hearing that adding 10% water should do the trick. So, im thinking i will try 10ml of my e-liquid now which i believe is 100% VG and add 1ml of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread