DIY is my next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I have all the mods and tanks I need. I have juice for months. Just getting into building. So my next step will be DIY, probably within a month or so. Since I love almost every strawberry cream flavor, I'm thinking that'll be what I would try to do. I'll need lots more details when the time comes.

How much money do you think I'd need to spend to get the essentials to try and mix up some 3mg strawberry cream juice in 70vg? Is that setting my standards to high with a flavor like that? I know I'd need nic, pg, and vg, not sure what else I'd need. I'm pretty much clueless with diy. I'll be searching through here and checking youtube videos in the following days also.

Sorry, I know there's info everywhere, it's just easier asking my general questions and referring to my thread in the future.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have all the mods and tanks I need. I have juice for months. Just getting into building. So my next step will be DIY, probably within a month or so. Since I love almost every strawberry cream flavor, I'm thinking that'll be what I would try to do. I'll need lots more details when the time comes.

How much money do you think I'd need to spend to get the essentials to try and mix up some 3mg strawberry cream juice in 70vg? Is that setting my standards to high with a flavor like that? I know I'd need nic, pg, and vg, not sure what else I'd need. I'm pretty much clueless with diy. I'll be searching through here and checking youtube videos in the following days also.

Sorry, I know there's info everywhere, it's just easier asking my general questions and referring to my thread in the future.

Just Ballparking the Numbers here. Because it Really Depends on How Much Nicotine Base you want to Start With.

But I think you could get Started with a Low End cost of about 60 Dollars.

Reactions: DanJiblets

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States

You can get something like The "Diamond" DIY Kit - 36mg In This Kit

It comes with everything you need to start mixing including a selection of flavors that you select, VG & PG, and some nicotine.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
You can get something like The "Diamond" DIY Kit - 36mg In This Kit

It comes with everything you need to start mixing including a selection of flavors that you select, VG & PG, and some nicotine.
That's a nice little kit, although I really don't need any bottles, I save all my glass dropper bottles. If I want 70vg, I'd be getting vg, pg, then the choice of nic base. What would I go for, vg or 50/50? I guess I figured nic was nic, I didn't know there was a vg/pg option for the nic. My question make sense lol?

Also, 36mg would be fine as I'll end up mixing it down to 3mg depending on the quantities of the other ingredients correct? Sorry expect a lot of silly questions from me. The stupid ones are the ones that are tough to find because people probably just assume I know this stuff.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's a nice little kit, although I really don't need any bottles, I save all my glass dropper bottles. If I want 70vg, I'd be getting vg, pg, then the choice of nic base. What would I go for, vg or 50/50? I guess I figured nic was nic, I didn't know there was a vg/pg option for the nic. My question make sense lol?

Also, 36mg would be fine as I'll end up mixing it down to 3mg depending on the quantities of the other ingredients correct? Sorry expect a lot of silly questions from me. The stupid ones are the ones that are tough to find because people probably just assume I know this stuff.

I don't think Any of your Questions are Stupid. And seem to be the Normal Questions that people have who have Not done DIY.

---

I would suggest that before you Buy Anything, that you go to an Online e-Liquid Calculator and do some "What If" scenarios. I think this Calculator is Pretty straight forward.

DIY e-juice | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Most people who use High VG finished e-Liquids tend to buy 100% PG Nicotine Base. But you can do "What Ifs" for any PG:VG Nicotine Base you are thinking about Buying.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I don't think Any of your Questions are Stupid. And seem to be the Normal Questions that people have who have Not done DIY.

---

I would suggest that before you Buy Anything, that you go to an Online e-Liquid Calculator and do some "What If" scenarios. I think this Calculator is Pretty straight forward.

DIY e-juice | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Most people who use High VG finished e-Liquids tend to buy 100% PG Nicotine Base. But you can do "What Ifs" for any PG:VG Nicotine Base you are thinking about Buying.
Well that's the opposite of what I'd have thought. Thanks I'll play around with the calculator a little bit. I won't be ordering anything for at least a couple weeks, probably a month. I have tons of juice, but definitely want to try diy.

Reactions: zoiDman

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
You can get a 15ml nic sample from nude nicotine for a couple dollars. Pg/vg and flavors from bull city vapors for a total of about $15. toss a couple 1ml syringes and a 5 or 10 ml syringe in the cart and you are set.

Cap sweet cream. Cap sweet strawberry and some TFA strawberry ripe and you should be happy. You could go wild and through in some FA fresh cream and a sweetener and still be under $25 with shipping.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well that's the opposite of what I'd have thought. Thanks I'll play around with the calculator a little bit. I won't be ordering anything for at least a couple weeks, probably a month. I have tons of juice, but definitely want to try diy.

Yeah... Play around with it for a Bit. And get some Feedback on what Others have to say.

Since you want to use a Low Nicotine finished e-liquid, you are going to have to buy Both PG and VG to Dilute the Nicotine Base that you Buy down. So your Nicotine Base PG:VG Level isn't super critical.

BTW - One reason that people buy 100% PG Nicotine Base is because 100% PG has a Much Smaller Chance of going Bad as 100% VG does.

So If a Person is Going to buy a Big Bottle of Nicotine Base, and they calculate that it will Last them a Year of so, many buy it in 100% PG. Because not much wants to grow in PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread