E-Hookah - (Heavy Vapor) by ZeroNullity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroNullity

Nov 8, 2009
Nashville, TN
ehookah.jpg

[FONT="][/FONT]

This is a cheap & simple E-Hookah design that should cost you under $40, depending on where you shop. It can produce very heavy vapor. I kind of threw this together without much time… so please excuse any errors. I’m a busy guy.

Materials:

[LIST]
[*]PVC Pipe
[*]PVC end caps
[*]PVC glue
[*]VERY large GLASS pickle jar with lid – (do not use plastic)
[*]Variable Temperature Soldering Iron (don’t use a pencil type without temperature control…. You can but that’s another step I’m not going to get into right now.)
[*]Liquid container
[*]Hi temperature hose
[*]Nylon tubing
[*]Bolts , Nuts, Washers
[*]Brass or Stainless Steel pipe nut
[*]Brass or Stainless Steel screw
[*]Sealant
[/LIST]
Tools

[LIST]
[*]Drill with tungsten carbide bit for drilling through glass. ( plus a assortment of bits for PVC/Metal)
[*]MISC. Tools for tightening… pliers, sockets, etc.
[/LIST]

Procedure

1.) Cut PVC pipe to desired height.

2.) Cut Nylon tubing used for smoking to desired length, usually around 70" +

Note -You'll need at least 2 Nylon tubes. One for you to smoke out of, and another to allow for airflow in the jar. One can be smaller to cause resistance of airflow. You can use more then 2 tubes if you want to share your hookah with someone else at the same time.

3.) Bolt the jar lid to one of the PVC end caps as shown in the picture. Then drill one hole for the soldering iron, it should be dead center. Then drill the holes for your Nylon tubing.

4.) Attach the end cap with drilled holes to the cut PVC pipe with PVC glue.

5.) Remove soldering iron tip, screw on brass or SS pipe nut to soldering iron using a brass or SS screw. When assembled it will look like a little bowl on top a soldering iron.

6.) Install soldering iron in the center of lid / end cap. Also run your Nylon tubing to the holes your drilled. Make sure to put a sealant around the holes you want a airtight seal. You can run the tubing though a hole on the side of the PVC pipe.

7.) Drill a small hole on the bottom center of Glass jar with tungsten carbide bit. You’ll be attaching a small container to store the e-liquid.

8.) Find a suitable base (plywood, plastic,metal,etc.) to bolt to the other end cap to use as a base/stand. Then apply end cap with glue after you run all your tubes + wires for Soldering Iron.

9.) Run Hi-temp tubing through hole in bottom of jar; make sure it’s air tight with sealant. Then run tube to bottom of e-liquid container.

10.) Screw on Glass jar to lid & make sure high –temp hose runs to bottom of the brass or SS pipe nut. Also make sure everything is airtight. Only pathway for air should be the tubes.

11.) Add e-fluid to E-fluid container, adjust temperature to desired level slowly… allowing it to warm up (will take a few minutes) … then vape away. Adjusting control will take some getting use to…

[FONT="]You add control to the side of PVC pipe if you want; Paint the PVC pipe, etc. I won’t get too detailed in the possible variations but you get the idea[/FONT]

Last edited:
Reactions: coilspotting

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Its a Vaporizer, this is exactly how a Vaporizer works with the added addition of an e-liquid container and high temp hose. Also, you can use an electrical project box in place of the PVC cap because PVC will off-gas at temperatures above 150F (don't quote me on that exact but its around that). Standard homemade vaporizers utilize a sewing thimble in the place of a cap and use a rheostat to modulate electrical current across the soldering iron. You could probably use a bernelli ball (used in waste-oil burners) to accomplish a measure drip...

However, I'm thinking there may be an issue with temperature of the end cap, maybe use of mesh across the top of the cap?

Last edited by a moderator:

hova

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2010
The YO
let me say one thing , those soldering iron in a plastic tube vaporizers sucks major p.

i have a vapor genie and it is the most awesome thing since ... sliced... i dont know what...

if you were making something like that , you would be well of to either buy an infrared thermometer and an adjustable soldering iron station , or just get a hot melt adhesive (hot glue) gun. i was looking into it before , they run right around 415-440 degrees Fahrenheit ... even a 15w iron usually gets to 500-600 Fahrenheit...

i would say for this kind f thing , just get the coil from an electric stove.. put a big sheet of stainless screen on top of it for juice purposes , and just have it submerged slightly so that it vapes...

-hov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread