DIY Menthol Crystal Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt76542

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Victorville, CA United States
Add your "crushed" crystals to your e-liquid using a .15cc spoon. Use what ever liquid you want in your juice. Use 1 level spoon full of crystals per 10ml of liquid. Give the bottle a good shake and place the bottle of E- Liquid in hot water for 1-2 minutes until the crystals to fully dissolve. Then shake well again.

DO NOT MICROWAVE!

Hope this helps..

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Use small amounts, and dont put it in your mouth directly.... I ordered this flavor called "Koolada", and I thought it was just "Koolade". My wifey says it is probably some coconut flavor, so i sniffed it and didnt smell coconut. It smelled sweet, and she said "taste it". So I touched the bottle to my finger and licked my finger.

Bad times, for like 3 hours, bad bad bad bad bad times. Seriously bad times.

"Koolada" isnt Pinakoolada (sp?), or Koolaid. Its referenced to Kool menthol cigs.

Ever had a breath mint stuck in your throat for 3 hours? I did, and it totally jacks an atomizer, and your finger, and your tongue, and your drip tip, and everything in a 10 foot radius.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I take a little bottle and fill it with the crushed menthol crystals.

Add PGA (pure grain alcohol) to cover crystals.

Let it set overnight until all the crystals are dissolved. Putting it in hotish water helps the process.

I find that this way will keep the crystals completely dissolved whereas other methods don't seem to dissolve them as permanently. Using the PGA also adds a bit more TH to your juice...IMO.

Add to your e-juice (assuming you are starting with a 3-5ml bottle to start with) ONE drop and let it steam for a while. Try it. Add more as needed ONE drop at a time.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've given hundreds of plastic bottles hot water baths and never had any come even close to melting.

Me, too.
I have used the menthol crystals disolved in PGA and in hot water and no melting. I use the regular bottles that juice comes in and the ones from US Plastics.
Glass is nice though but I wouldn't say a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread