DIY Newbie Juice help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvfor20

Sep 25, 2013
United States
Hi everybody!

Let me start by saying I am new to vaping and I have been doing it now for almost 2 months, and so far and I am smoke free for a month and a half, wo0t w0ot I am so excited about it and found not everybody I happily brag to isn't to happy about it. Isnt it odd you get bashed for smoking by non smokers in there happy little world and you get bashed from smokers for vaping? Maybe it is me or maybe I am to excited when I talk about it. I have smoked for 30+ years and was smoking a pack and a half a day to 2. So yea I am excited and excuse me for being happy lol and yea I may have a long journey ahead of me, and maybe some quit cold turkey, congrats to you! Anyway I bought some green apple from vaporbomb hope I am allowed to say there name, and I FELL IN LOVE with this stuff, and after spending well over 50 bucks I decided to venture in to the world of diy recipes. After making my first purchase I felt there was no problem and then today when my package arrived and started to get ready is when I got nervous lol

I purchased
1 x USP Grade Vegetable Glycerin (Size: 250ml)1 x USP Grade Propylene Glycol (Size: 250ml)
1 x Cinnamon Red Hots e-liquid (Nic Level: 0mg, Size: 15ml, Flavor: Strong Flavor, PG/VG Mix: Some VG 15%)
1 x UnFlavored Nicotine Smoke Juice E-Liquid (Size: 60ml, Strength: 36mg, PG/VG Mix: 50% PG / 50% VG)

I have been smoking a 50/50 vg, pg mix and the amount has been 12# nicotine and when I purchased my first order form myfreedomsmokes was disappointed to see to that there percentage was higher and was unclear if it mattered and assumed I could half the dosage of 36mg, and then after looking at the eJuice Me Up calculator I became even more confused. and was wondering if maybe somebody could help me, pleaseeeeeee. I was watching a few people on youtube but they dont seem to reply to my comments and messages. I watched a guy from this forum who didn't even measure he just dumped it in a container as it went all over the place, lol and then I thought wow man maybe I shouldn't have purchased this and stuck to buying the juice​

I made my first batch for 5ml and well I got a pretty good head rush and I am alive still so maybe there is hope for me? I mixed mine but the flavor seemed a little weak and since I am a newbie I made a small batch, nicotine strength was a little unclear about this but I follwed a youtube video for newbs and I guess I am stupid, I didnt follow his dosage since he was making a bath for 30ml and his nicotine was slightly lower than mine, so I do know I mixed mine for the dosage I have as I posted above. If I send a screenshot of what I mixed mine at can someone please see if I did something wrong? I know I mentioned apple but bought redhots, and since my gf paid for the package and doesnt like apple I let her pick the red hot lol I am a nice guy huh lol Maybe with the red hot we are missing another ingredient but the batch I made seemed really shy in the bottle of the batch I followed. Anyway I hope I didnt confuse anyone and would appreciate an help of who ever would like to offer.

Thank you and look forward to sharing as well hearing of everyones adventures in vaping
Well looks like I cant attach a image and hopefully that doesnt include another wrench in to this confusing thread, but for me Nicotine e juice 1.8ML
PG 1.1
VG 1.1
FLAVOR 20 drops and 20 drops is weak in taste

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
I use this online calculator because its easy: DIY Simple E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Calculator

Here's a screen shot plugging in your numbers to make a 10ml bottle. You'll find that making 30ml bottles will be easier, but you only bought 60ml of nic juice. I used myfreedomsmokes and bought a 250ml bottle of 50/50 juice w/ 24mg of nicotine.

You can adjust the flavor percentage. But BE CAREFUL with cinnamon flavor...it is known to crack plastic tanks.

juice-help.jpg

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Like Caridwin said, to get 36 mg nic down to 12 mg, you need to not let the nic exceed more than 1/3 the total amount you're making. For example if you make 12 ml, then use 4 ml of nic, etc. But the ejuicemeup calculator is quite simple if you find the right YouTube for it. Otherwise maybe try starting at about 10% for flavor on top of the 1/3 nic you have, then add your VG and or PG for the remainder of the mix. I hope I didn't confuse you.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Looks like you got e liquid already flavored with the red hots. In a concentrate flavoring 20 drops would have been plenty for most cinnamon. Also for 36mg base just make the nic base 1/3 of your total mix to get 12mg. Not sure why you would get a headrush from your mix unless your nic liquid is higher than 36mg. It doesn't happen often but sometimes nic is higher than stated on the bottle.

It does say 36mg on the bottle right? I remember one post awhile ago of someone thinking a 30ml bottle of 100mg was allot lower from doing some kind of weird math with the ml amount and the nic mg amounts to equal a mg per 1ml content. If it says 100mg its 100mg no matter how much you use. I dont imagine this is the case now but figured I would mention it.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
The whole drops thing had me super confused at first. I tried different syringes and dropper filled with water and dripped them in a flask to see if they equaled 20 drops per ml and none ever did. I then realized I had to go by ml and forget about drops. The only time I might use drops is for a little sweetener or menthol, enhancer flavors.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
your best friend in diy is a calculator...may I suggest eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator I use this and it is fairly easy to use....takes a bit of getting used to but once I get it...simple plug in your nicotine mg and if it's pg/vg...plug in your flavor percentages you'd like and your pg/vg you want and your desired nic level and it'll tell you what percents to use to mix with :)

just play with the calculator a bit at first to get used to it before creating your first batch...it even comes with several recipes already that you can see how it works or use them as a base figure to make your own from.

after rereading I see you've tried the calculator...feel free to ask questions, what confused you? It does take a bit of getting used to but it is well worth learning

also as funny as it sounds using less flavor % gives more flavor...this concept took me awhile to understand :) aim for between (depending on flavors) 5 to 20% total flavor
when calculating don't forget that your nic already has either pg or vg in it (that was my first diy mistake) so you'll need to adjust to add pg/vg accordingly.

once you get enough posts in be sure to check out the DIY E-Liquid

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
If you are using cinnamon red hot e-liquid and not flavor concentrate it's not really going to work. It's going to be too diluted as it's already diluted in the 0 mg. e-liquid.
hahaha missed that part...yes if you are using a premade juice you should be able to plug in what the juice already has and your nic you have and added your desired nic level and mix....you may need to get more cinnamon flavor to up the watered down flavor to be able to add nic to it.
there are places that offer just flavoring not premade juice which would be cheaper.

also be careful with cinnamon as it is a tank cracker only use glass or metal tanks no plastic

[edit]thankfully you should be able to get cinnamon flavoring from any grocery store...get food grade flavoring

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
hahaha missed that part...yes if you are using a premade juice you should be able to plug in what the juice already has and your nic you have and added your desired nic level and mix....you may need to get more cinnamon flavor to up the watered down flavor to be able to add nic to it.
there are places that offer just flavoring not premade juice which would be cheaper.

also be careful with cinnamon as it is a tank cracker only use glass or metal tanks no plastic

Yea, I missed that too at first.

I am currently vaping 1.2% which is 12% percent correct? And I have been buying them here in north carolina at a place called mountain vapor. And I have been vaping there juice at 50/50 and I have never had any other percentages excpet what they had to offer and since I am new to vaping I just went wiht what they suggested, and what they suggested has helped me quit smoking so why not right? When I made my first order at vaporbomb I made it at the 50/50 maybe I am missing out and dont know? But since mountain vapor said there juice was 50/50 that is what I stayed with.
When I attempted my first batch I just started out with a simple 5 ml so I wouldnt wasite to much, but wow I have a bunch lol Nicotine label says that it is 60ml and 36 mg and there is already a 50 vg and a 50 pg in it, this is where I was confused on ordering the nicotine at my freedom, is there a percentage better for ordering? I may have ordered that wrong I was a little confused and I was lazy and didnt ask any questions at my freedom and thought youtube would help but nope, lesson learned! so I just said screw it and ordered it at the 50/ 50 option at my freedom. I also ordered the VG and the PG. The eJuice Me Up looks really simple but a little confusing at first.
Nicotine strength ejuice I set at 50/50
Target Nicotine strength 12 Since that is what I am vaping now
Amount to make 5ml
flavor name whatever and the pg and vg I set for 50 / 50
And ater reading your comments I screwed up because the percentage's are of compared to my first attempt, must not to bad of a error I am typing =\
I do have a pg and vg Caridwen and I will try what you suggested I love easy numbers,
And thank you for the heads up on the cinnamon flavor, and ironically enough my gf and I went to the park to walk our dogs after sending the plea for help and my tank snapped in half, and it wasnt because of it being in m pocket, because I was wearing loose cargo shorts, and made a hell of a mess. This makes me mad since where I bought my vapor didnt warn us this and we have been buying ciinayum there, and we vape it a lot, it is sooooooo good And yes it was diluted real runny. My gf and I are on a strict budget and wanted to order more so we stayed with what we had to play with, so looks like a new order will be coming up friday. And wait till tomorrow I am gonna give the place where I bought my vapor at a piece of my mind. The tanks we have are plastic and they was selling us the cinnayum makes me think they dont know what they are doing, or maybe unaware? I really do apprecaite everyones feedback like i said wow man you guys rock and I never thought this many people would reply and in fact I assumed I would come back to no replies, and yep I was wrong. I say I a alot when actully my girlfriend and I are both smoke free, since we tried the vaping. We love it and we are so happy to say we are so far smoke free. It feels so good and makes us want to shout it out loud, and like I said when you get happy telling people they knock you down.

Last edited:
I already visited the diy recipe section here, but sadly after i Placed my order, or I would of ordered a BUNCH more, so many flavors here and I think I just found a tasteful heaven lol I like the tart stuff and my gf likes the sweet stuff. Are there any other flavors that are bad for your vapor, or do they make glass tanks? Cinnayum is soooooooo good and was really excited to see the red hots. Looking for the jolly rancher green apple is how I found this forum and I really want to make that, and maybe add some caramel yummmmmy. http://www.smokincrow.com/eGO-CE4-1100-by-Smokin-Crow-Clearomiozer-System-p/sc-ego-ce4k-1100.htm is the setup we bought and at first it worked but now it just isnt enough and I want to go further , are there any other suggestions to do a ugrade to? Go easy I am on a unemployed budget and my girlfriend is the bread winner as I became the stay at home mom, and socks and dishes SUCK! ! I was looking at a ego c twist for the variable voltage, and 36 bucks is something I can wing, I do look forward to being a part here and I dont know what I can do to contribute since you all are way ahead of me, but since I seen the replies I got, you made me feel right at home, thank you once again!

Last edited:

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Going through this thread has me a little confused (G). A lot of info, perhaps not too easily digested (g). To clarify:
OP has:
36mg/ml nic liquid, with 50pg/50vg
Red hot liquid at 75/25 PG/VG. This is a 'ready to vape' juice, not a concentrated flavor.
wants:
12mg/ml nic level
50/50 PG/VG
make 5 ml of e-juice
Using "e-juice me up" calculator:
Nic - 1.67 ml
PG - 1.48 ml
VG - 1.1 ml
Flavor - 0.25 ml
would yield 5 ml of the desired level of nicotine. I used five percent in the flavor level as a starting level, you can always add more if needed.
To the OP, you need to add in the numbers of the flavoring liquid (PG/VG) into the calculation.
Hope I helped some, hope I'm not confused too (g)!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I went the rout of premixed flavors at first, but then I got to thinking "why am I paying this much for PG when I can buy it for 20$/gal?"
    So I now buy concentrate to put in the PG that I already have.

Because it's local, I buy my flavorings here:
    Lorann - Shop By Brand

I use the KISS method when mixing.
    I use 100mg PG nic base, and mix in pint canning jars.
    50/50 mix of PG/VG in clear jars (used for reducing nicotine content when needed)
    50ml of nic base, 150ml of PG, and 200ml of VG (12mg) in blue jars
    100mg nic base in brown jars.

I will then mix flavors in 30ml bottles when needed, and add approx. 1 drop/ml of flavoring depending on the flavor.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread