Screenshot_2.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 13

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Depends on what you are mixing. Most flavors are in PG base so would increase the PG %. If you are adding Nicotine the nicotine will be in some base of VG or PG or mix thereof. So will increase % of PG or VG depending.

You can use a calculator on line or on a computer to show what quantities to mix to get what you want in % of flavor, nicotine and PG or VG

Here is an online one, there are others
E-Liquid Calculator - Best DIY Vape eJuice Calculator

Or this one on here is downloadable
New Calculator to try

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
No anger. You’re missing a critical ingredient class though which could potentially cause you big problems.

If you do what you said you would do you will in fact get 50/50 nic base. The problem is that it will still be 100mg/ml nic base. Waaaaaaay too strong to vape.

You’ve got 2 liters of 100mg/ml base there. It would take me a year or more to vape that much nic, and I’m a pretty heavy vaper.

In order to vape it you have to cut it with 0mg/ml base. Quite a bit of it. To cut that 2 liters down to 25mg/ml, which is more or less the strongest concentration that anyone really vapes, you’d have to add 3 liters of 0mg/ml PG and 3 liters of 0mg/ml VG, making a total of 8 liters of still quite strong base. Myself I don’t even vape liquid nearly that strong, so for me it would be more like 15-20 liters after it was mixed down.

@Beamslider ’s calculator links would be very useful here determining how much of what 0mg/ml ingredient(s) you need to add to get it to a usable nic level. If you just add flavoring to that 100mg/ml concoction and try to vape it you’ll likely cough yourself silly.

Last edited:

denisTenis

Jun 6, 2019
Depends on what you are mixing. Most flavors are in PG base so would increase the PG %. If you are adding Nicotine the nicotine will be in some base of VG or PG or mix thereof. So will increase % of PG or VG depending.

You can use a calculator on line or on a computer to show what quantities to mix to get what you want in % of flavor, nicotine and PG or VG

Here is an online one, there are others
E-Liquid Calculator - Best DIY Vape eJuice Calculator

Or this one on here is downloadable
New Calculator to try
It isn't too much of a deal if the vg or pg is a little more, the main question I have is will it be safe?

denisTenis

Jun 6, 2019
No anger. You’re missing a critical ingredient class though which could potentially cause you big problems.

If you do what you said you would do you will in fact get 50/50 nic base. The problem is that it will still be 100mg/ml nic base. Waaaaaaay too strong to vape.

In order to vape it you have to cut it with 0mg/ml base. Quite a bit of it.
But would it be safe for vaping, I'm mixing the base for my friends who vape 100mg/ml. and is there a difference between 100mg/ml nic salt and 100mg/ml nic?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
It isn't too much of a deal if the vg or pg is a little more, the main question I have is will it be safe?

NO NOT SAFE to vape 100 mg/ml nicotine

Too much nicotine. Will make you sick no doubt. 100MG is way too much

denisTenis

Jun 6, 2019

You’ve got 2 liters of 100mg/ml base there. It would take me a year or more to vape that much nic, and I’m a pretty heavy vaper.

In order to vape it you have to cut it with 0mg/ml base. Quite a bit of it. To cut that 2 liters down to 25mg/ml, which is more or less the strongest concentration that anyone really vapes, you’d have to add 3 liters of 0mg/ml PG and 3 liters of 0mg/ml VG, making a total of 8 liters of still quite strong base. Myself I don’t even vape liquid nearly that strong, so for me it would be more like 15-20 liters after it was mixed down.

@Beamslider ’s calculator links would be very useful here determining how much of what 0mg/ml ingredient(s) you need to add to get it to a usable nic level. If you just add flavoring to that 100mg/ml concoction and try to vape it you’ll likely cough yourself silly.
I've got half a litre of the base combined, beamslider mentioned that I need more PG and VG in the base, how much would I need it?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
You would be much better to use a calculator to get to the % VG, %PG and % Nicotine you want.

But as an example if you wanted 50% PG and 50% VG with 6 mg/ml nicotine for 30 ML total mix you would mix this amount.

1.8 ML of the Nicotine in PG Base
13.2 ML of PG
15 ML of VG

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Safe in what way? To handle? Sure. More or less. 100mg/ml nic is ~10% nicotine. The PG and VG will act as buffer compounds slowing absorption into bare skin. You’ll want to wash up everything after you’re done mixing and if you spill some on the floor and a pet or baby steps in it they could have problems.

To actually try to vape?
It’s on the edge of dangerous in theory. In practice it’s probably fairly safe, Mostly because you won’t be able to vape it. The nic concentration is too high for you to even be able to keep it in your lungs. You’ll just cough it right out.

Reactions: denisTenis

denisTenis

Jun 6, 2019
You would be much better to use a calculator to get to the % VG, %PG and % Nicotine you want.

But as an example if you wanted 50% PG and 50% VG with 6 mg/ml nicotine for 30 ML total mix you would mix this amount.

1.8 ML of the Nicotine in PG Base
13.2 ML of PG
15 ML of VG
Thanks! Wow, didn't think that mixing was that hard :D

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
You can buy premixed PG/VG alone in just about in % you want. So if you bought 50% PG and 50% VG mix, then had Nicotine in 50% PG/50% VG base. It would make it less complicated to mix. The Flavoring would change the 50/50 a small amount but you would only need to calculate the amount of Nicotine base and flavoring to get close to 50/50.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
But would it be safe for vaping, I'm mixing the base for my friends who vape 100mg/ml. and is there a difference between 100mg/ml nic salt and 100mg/ml nic?
I think someone is reading their already mixed ejuice bottles wrong. If you are using JUUL or some other type of mod, you could not even vape 100mg. No one can and live to tell about it. Maybe you should brush up on your math skills before attempting to make juices you have not got a clue how to do. I know JUUL puts out some 5% nic liquid but that translates to 50mg.

Don't be a statistic in the news by attempting to vape at such high levels. You will give vaping even more bad press and its not what is needed right now.

I am calling this the work of a troll.

:)

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I dont know anybody who vapes 100mg/ml. I can handle 60mg/ml in the right kind of setup but 100 is just plain stupid. And if you bought 250ml of pg nic at 100 mg per ml AND 250 ml of vg nic also at 100mg per, i have to ask why? Use one or the other but not both. Thats kinda stupid too. Heres a thought for ya, i mix with 48mg/ml nic in pg. My flavorings are in pg. This is the ONLY pg i use in my mixes, the rest is vg, which i dont even measure. Making a "base" of pg and vg to add flavorings to is absolutely not necessary. The way i mix is simple, easy and i can turn out stuff that can compete with some of the best premium commercial juices. Oh, and to add to this, i use nic salt, even at 6mg per ml. Mixing is not hard. If you dont fully understand the math involved, then i guess maybe it is hard for ya.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks! Wow, didn't think that mixing was that hard :D
Welcome and glad you joined.
I can see you like to learn by doing, good idea. Might want to read up first though, have a quick look into DIY and visit:
reddit: the front page of the internet
DIY Vape Juice: How to make your own E-Juice (In Depth Guide)
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
https://www.thevaperstable.com/e-liquid-mixing/
Please read the stickies below:
DIY E-Liquid

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I lean away from making juice for others, although I have done it. It just never seems to be to their "perfection".

You have a lot of Nic in your liquid that probably needs to be diluted quite a bit. If you do dilute it, you will end up with a very large amount of "base", that being PG, VG, and Nic mixed as one and just needing flavoring.

PG carries the flavor better and VG makes clouds, so the exactness of the PG/VG is not critical, only that the Nic and flavoring is.

There are a lot of variables to influence the final experience. Hardware is one, too. Even what you just ate is a variable.

In the end, DIY can be a lot of fun and satisfaction. Doing your best doesn't mean someone else will like it though.

As to Nic content... if the juice is high in Nic, I just take fewer vapes. If the juice is low, I tape the vaporizer to my mouth. I can use someone else's base, it just determines how often I vape.

Hope helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread