DIY nic salt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saix007

Oct 26, 2019
Greetings. I just registered here to ask this question , as i found out it's quite a nice place for vapers.
Is it ok to mix 100mg NicSalt base with 0mg 50/50 base? I asked this question at a vape shop and they say it's impossible to blend thoose two because nicsalt dosen't properly dilute with vg or pg and it wont be consistent in terms of nicotine strenght. So is it possible or not?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Greetings. I just registered here to ask this question , as i found out it's quite a nice place for vapers.
Is it ok to mix 100mg NicSalt base with 0mg 50/50 base? I asked this question at a vape shop and they say it's impossible to blend thoose two because nicsalt dosen't properly dilute with vg or pg and it wont be consistent in terms of nicotine strenght. So is it possible or not?
Nic salt dissolves just fine in PG and VG, as it is sold by many vendors in various ratios of the two. I myself have both PG only and 50/50 from nic river

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Find a new shop. You can mix salts with any ratio base. How else would you be able to buy salt juices otherwise? They are all pg/vg. Salts and freebase are literally a 1:1 ratio for mixing purposes. The only real difference is th.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I mix with salts all the time, same as freebase. I use the same recipes, although I use the different juices in different devices, so I make higher pg and salt for the pods and AIOs than what I make for the squonkers and RTAs.

I have no idea what that vape shop person was thinking.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I mix with salts all the time, same as freebase. I use the same recipes, although I use the different juices in different devices, so I make higher pg and salt for the pods and AIOs than what I make for the squonkers and RTAs.

I have no idea what that vape shop person was thinking.
Either A) I" can sell more stuff if I just say it won't work", or B) they had too much THC in their system to realize they weren't talking about that, or C) the shop owner hates on salts.

• Winner
Reactions: DeloresRose

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Your shop is not going to tell you the truth because they are afraid of losing a customer. Their bread and butter is the ejuice and if you mix your own you will realize that what they charge you for a bottle can be made for 1/10 of their cost.
I recommend you also use a good calculator for mixing and getting your nicotine level correct. A lot of use "eJuice Me Up". There is also an area on here just for the folks that like to DIY our own ejuice. Loads of info here: DIY E-Liquid
eJuice Me Up

I hope you enjoy your journey.

Saix007

Oct 26, 2019
I shake and vape.
i thought you should steep it for at least few days. thanks!
Your shop is not going to tell you the truth because they are afraid of losing a customer. Their bread and butter is the ejuice and if you mix your own you will realize that what they charge you for a bottle can be made for 1/10 of their cost.
I recommend you also use a good calculator for mixing and getting your nicotine level correct. A lot of use "eJuice Me Up". There is also an area on here just for the folks that like to DIY our own ejuice. Loads of info here: DIY E-Liquid
eJuice Me Up

I hope you enjoy your journey.

in europe they charge you about 5-6€ for the cheapest 20mg NS e liqiud per 10ml bottle and 20mg is the max due to regulations. i calculated that 10ml bottle of 20mg ns would cost me about 0.3-0.4€ that's quite the difference

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Either A) I" can sell more stuff if I just say it won't work", or B) they had too much THC in their system to realize they weren't talking about that, or C) the shop owner hates on salts.
...or just doesn't know better. It's appalling how uneducated in vaping the current shop employees and owners are these days.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ok , thanks. I thought i bought my 100mg base for nothing. When i mix my base with nic and base with no nic , how long should i wait before using it?
Depends on flavors used, some need a steep and some don't. Mix up at least 10ml testers and taste at 3 days - 1 week - and weekly after that.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread