DIY parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting to get some DIY parts from mad vapes, and now they are out of stock or the parts are not even listed anymore.

Is there anywhere else to get the parts we need to make our own mods? Specifically I was looking at the CB for a variable voltage mod.

Now I just checked and they are no longer showing so many other parts.

chefjoosie

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Depending on what you're looking for there are several places that sell items. You likely won't find everything at one place. Since you mentioned PCBs, here's a quick list of some of what's available in the easier for beginners category:
As far as boards most suitable for first timers, there seems to be 3 tiers now since the sx350 upgrades.

Tier1 includes the Vomo, Zmax, and Vamo. They're the 15 watters in the range of $12-25 USD. Of the 3 I'd suggest the Vomo (if you're comfortable with clone) or Vamo. The Zmax is a single button board, and is a pain to use in my opinion.

Tier2 is the DNA30, in the $50-60 USD range (depending on if you choose USB charger and which you choose) It is plenty of chip for most people, and if you want to build a mod in the moderate price range it's a good choice.

Top tier is now the SX350. It's around $75 USD, and is the best you'll find right now of the easy to assemble boards.The only issues with it are the YH logo on startup if it bothers you ( this will likely be changeable in the future) And it is (at the moment) slightly less available. (This of course changes day to day, since Yihi can pump out the chips)

If any of those interest you we can point you to where to pick them up. If there are other items you are having issues finding, be as specific as you can, and someone will point you in the right direction.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
OK, Been reading. It is amazing the things that you can find when you navigate your way to the right area of the forum. (This place is huge!)

I have made an Altoid's mech mod and just looking at taking it a step further, but still on the cheap. Will search for the vamo chip I think.

$11.64 VOMO V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod Module - 3.0-15.0W / 3.0-6.0V / 0.6" OLED at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Let me know if you stumble upon an American seller.

cadcoke5

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Lancaster, PA

I recently received one from FastTech. But, like most of their products, there was no instructions. There are a few basic technical things described on the web page, but you really are on your own to try to figure out what to do with it. One of the commenters posted connection instructions, but as far as using the menu system, I still know nothing.

Their technical support could do nothing but quote the specs already on their web page.

Since this circuit may be similar to some other products, perhaps someone can mention it to me, so I might look for instructions for how to use that other product.

Thanks for any advice.

-Joe

Rickman6982

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lynchburg, VA, USA
Thanks for the links but the first one does not work. Are there any other names that 18650s go by or another size battery holder that will work that I could search for it by?

PS: That switch is exactly what I was thinking of. Not sure about the size of it because I didn't see it listed on the page but the style is spot on at the very least.

Last edited:

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Thanks for the links but the first one does not work. Are there any other names that 18650s go by or another size battery holder that will work that I could search for it by?

PS: That switch is exactly what I was thinking of. Not sure about the size of it because I didn't see it listed on the page but the style is spot on at the very least.

Link for the battery holder seems to be working for me. As for the switch, according to the spec sheet...

7.4mm x 7.4mm
Hole cutout is 5.2mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread