Diy questions? Need advice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Hi everyone! I really need help and I'm at my limit with recipes! Seriously I'm ready to give up but I'm not going to bc I know I can do this.. I just have no experience..

I'm 3 days into diy juices. I bought several flavors and now I'm ordering some new flavors to make more recipes but until then I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

I made several batches of strawberry and creams and none really had flavor.. even the high rated recipes. I settled on one in particular which is from the ejuice recipe site, it's not my own

2% bavarian cream TPA
2% ethyl maltol
5% strawberry TPA

I tried that and I could hardly taste the cream or strawberry but I liked it so I made a new batch 3% Bavarian 3% ethyl maltol ( I cant taste the strawberry without adding this) 5% strawberry TPA and it was so much better but the strawberry is so muted and I can't taste much cream either.

I'm one of those that can't taste natural flavors and I need sweet to be happy. I have shisha strawberry INW, Strawberry Ripe TPA and Strawberry TPA. All of them taste more natural strawberry so I picked the TPA strawberry because it seems more sweet. Not having experience in diy I didn't know that the strawberry flavors I ordered were more natural.

Ive always strictly Vaped vanilla from Blu e cig but it's discontinued and I give up on vanilla totally.. Also, I LOVED the mark ten strawberry brulee pods but little did I know they closed shop so I only Vaped it for a week but that's what turned me towards strawberry and cream..

VERY LONG story short, do you think increasing the % of the flavors will help? The ethyl maltol really brings out the strawberry and made it sweeter but after a day of vaping it i can't really taste it. I like the recipe for ingredients but it's now so bland and holding me over until I get new flavors in.. any suggestions on sweet strawberry flavors?

Also the ethyl maltol that I have is from vixen Vapors. I bought it like at least 2 years ago. It's called sweetener drops but it's ethyl maltol. Could the issue be that its too old?

Lastly, I vape at 24 mg nicotine because that's what I'm used too and I vape MTL and really need the throat hit to be happy. If my nic strength is so high could that be muting out the flavors requiring me to up the percentages?

Sorry this is so long! I wanted to be as clear as possible so someone can help me! :cry::-x:facepalm:

Thanks guys!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@Kelly1988,
While I do agree that flavor concentrates (generally speaking) can have volatile ingredients, which may dissipate and become less potent over time. I respectfully disagree with greek mule's prior recommendation. EM, in its natural state (at room temperature, and without other ingredients), is a solid (crystals) and quite stable. It is not going to go bad. I have a small bottle, that is nearing 7 years old, and it still works the same as when I bought it.

That said; the best thing you can do with your EM (in my opinion), is to put it in the back of a closet, and forget you have it. I exaggerate... but, it is to make a point. :) As I have come to believe... both from my own DIY journey, as well as watching other mixers' struggles on multiple forums... that EM has more pitfalls, than benefits, to offer.

First off, as @Sugar_and_Spice all ready mentioned, EM is (much) less a sweetener, than it is a mouth-feel enhancer. It can be useful for making a vapor "feel" thicker/more dense. It is also quite useful for removing unwanted "sharp/harsh/high" flavor notes, and smoothing out the overall flavor profile. This is why many flavor manufacturers use it in some (many?) of their concentrates. This leads to the second problem with EM.

This "smoothing" effect, when taken too far, begins to mute flavor, instead of helping it. Use too much EM; and, instead of helping a recipe, it starts killing flavor. If, I use flavor concentrates that already contain EM, and add more EM myself, I can easily start to get too much EM and not even realize it.
(sorry; that was a pretty redundant paragraph, but I don't believe the muting potential of EM can be over-stated)

Though, most manufacturers don't disclose the chemical contents of their concentrates, TFA (TPA) does. So, your original recipe can illustrate what I am talking about. Your original recipe call for:
2% bavarian cream TPA
2% ethyl maltol
5% strawberry TPA
If we look at the chemical analysis of each of the ingredients (found on TPA's website, under the FAQs tab), we can get an idea of how much EM (both ethyl maltol, as well as maltol), could likely be in the recipe.

For Bavarian Cream, TFA tells us:
upload_2019-2-7_18-51-14.png

(source)
This is telling us that it might be made up of as much as 35% EM, and M.

For Strawberry, TFA tells us:
upload_2019-2-7_18-57-13.png

(source)
This is nowhere as high as the Bavarian Cream, but still it can contain up to 1.5% EM/M.

Finally, for the EM you used; we don't have data for your particular brand. But, 10% is a fairly(?) common dilution, so I will use 10% to finish off my example. Once all the concentrates are combined... it ends up being a lot of EM (relatively speaking).

So, looking at the recipe in this light, one can see how easy it might be to have too much EM, and suffer from flavor muting. I tend to work with the general assumption that if EM is going to benefit a concentrate, and by extension... a recipe, it is most likely already going to be in there.

Other, genuine sweeteners (sucralose, stevia, erythritol), have a lower likelihood to mute. And therefore, a "better" choice in my opinion. Even those, as @SlowTalker recommended, are best added after the rest of the flavors are dialed into the profile you are wanting.

When I am creating/tweaking a recipe; EM is always the very last ingredient I will try adding. Usually, I can get better results by changing flavor percentages (raising and/or lowering), or trying different flavor concentrates. :)

Lots of things can affect the way a recipe can taste:
-- atomizer used
-- amount of airflow
-- temperature vaped at (power used)
-- coil and wicking used
-- and, above all, our own taste buds.
Some folk are "super tasters," and can use very little flavoring. While other folks have little sense of taste, and require/enjoy much higher flavor percentages. That doesn't make one person "right," or another "wrong." It just means that each of us has to find what works best for ourselves.

As you experiment to find what works best for you; just keep in the back of your mind, that most(?) flavors have a range where they work best. Too little; and they can taste weak, to nonexistent. Too much; and the taste can start to take on a "fake"/artificial, or even chemical-like taste. Too much; can also actually mute the desired taste. So, when it is tasting weak, and adding more doesn't seem to help... it can be beneficial, to look at what percentage others are using it at, and perhaps try lowering its percentage.

And, just like using too much of a single concentrate, can create a muted taste. Using too much of many flavors, can create a muted, or muddled taste. That is why, sometimes it is better to lower percentages of the flavors that are too strong, rather than raising the weak(er) flavors.

This all may seem a bit overwhelming to you right now. And, it is a lot to absorb. Just know, that it is going to take some experimenting to learn what is going to work for you. Mix small batches (to conserve your ingredients), be patient (give your mixes time to fully mature), and don't get frustrated... as there is almost always something else you can try to make it better.

Try to keep e-liquid you like, and can vape on hand, as you find your way. Whether, that is commercial e-liquid, or simple DIY one shots, that @Sugar_and_Spice previously recommended. It helps to remove the pressure to "get it right, right now."

Do your best to keep it fun. Pat yourself on the back often, for even the small successes ("It's better than last time."). And, forgive and forget, the less than ideal attempts. If you can do that; you stand a great chance to becoming a successful DIYer. :D

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing that helps me on my journey. Write down everything you try... and how it turned out. I have found this to be the best way, to learn from both my mistakes, as well as my successes. Nothing is more discouraging, than to stumble across a real keeper, only to never be able to do it again. Or... making the same mistake, over and over, because I couldn't remember doing it before... until I do it again. :facepalm: :-x:-x:-x :D:laugh::lol::laugh::D

Have fun! And, welcome to your own DIY journey!!
:toast:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Kelly,
When I mix creams, I need to give them two weeks of aging or more for the flavour to fully develop/mature.
I would suggest mixing your creams separately and allow them to age. Use the aged mix as your mixing base and layer your other flavours on top.

Have fun
I

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I would listen to @Katya and @Sugar_and_Spice before listening to me.

:lol: Not me. I'm a low-flavor, unsweetened, boring DIY-er. Most flavors annoy me. I just like a hint, here and there, and I prefer European flavor companies--FA (most of my flavors), Decadent Vapours, and Inawera. I often vape unflavored. :facepalm:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ethyl maltol is more for a fuller mouth 'feel' than for a sweetner. Best to get something like Caps Super sweet which is really concentrated and required use is 1 or 2 drops. More may ruin the mix. Mixing 2 different strawberry's is always the best way to strengthen their flavors. Don't limit the % of the flavors until you can find where you like them at. Each flavoring has its own % to which it will taste good as each of us is different in how we taste them.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I very seldom use sweetener and never add em or cotton candy. Get to know the flavors you buy, many already have a bit of em or sweetener already added so by adding more em you have muted the mix from the start.

Adding a couple drops of INW raspberry or FA beryl raspberry or TFA dragon fruit will give the strawberries a pop as well. Addind 0.5% of pear can be used to sweeten.

I would suggest
TFA Strawberry Ripe 4%
INW shisha strawberry 2%
Cream(s) of choice 2-3%
No EM

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
@Kelly1988,
While I do agree that flavor concentrates (generally speaking) can have volatile ingredients, which may dissipate and become less potent over time. I respectfully disagree with greek mule's prior recommendation. EM, in its natural state (at room temperature, and without other ingredients), is a solid (crystals) and quite stable. It is not going to go bad. I have a small bottle, that is nearing 7 years old, and it still works the same as when I bought it.

That said; the best thing you can do with your EM (in my opinion), is to put it in the back of a closet, and forget you have it. I exaggerate... but, it is to make a point. :) As I have come to believe... both from my own DIY journey, as well as watching other mixers' struggles on multiple forums... that EM has more pitfalls, than benefits, to offer.

First off, as @Sugar_and_Spice all ready mentioned, EM is (much) less a sweetener, than it is a mouth-feel enhancer. It can be useful for making a vapor "feel" thicker/more dense. It is also quite useful for removing unwanted "sharp/harsh/high" flavor notes, and smoothing out the overall flavor profile. This is why many flavor manufacturers use it in some (many?) of their concentrates. This leads to the second problem with EM.

This "smoothing" effect, when taken too far, begins to mute flavor, instead of helping it. Use too much EM; and, instead of helping a recipe, it starts killing flavor. If, I use flavor concentrates that already contain EM, and add more EM myself, I can easily start to get too much EM and not even realize it.
(sorry; that was a pretty redundant paragraph, but I don't believe the muting potential of EM can be over-stated)

Though, most manufacturers don't disclose the chemical contents of their concentrates, TFA (TPA) does. So, your original recipe can illustrate what I am talking about. Your original recipe call for:

If we look at the chemical analysis of each of the ingredients (found on TPA's website, under the FAQs tab), we can get an idea of how much EM (both ethyl maltol, as well as maltol), could likely be in the recipe.

View attachment 796829
(source)

View attachment 796831
(source)
This is nowhere as high as the Bavarian Cream, but still it can contain up to 1.5% EM/M.

Finally, for the EM you used; we don't have data for your particular brand. But, 10% is a fairly(?) common dilution, so I will use 10% to finish off my example. Once all the concentrates are combined... it ends up being a lot of EM (relatively speaking).

So, looking at the recipe in this light, one can see how easy it might be to have too much EM, and suffer from flavor muting. I tend to work with the general assumption that if EM is going to benefit a concentrate, and by extension... a recipe, it is most likely already going to be in there.

Other, genuine sweeteners (sucralose, stevia, erythritol), have a lower likelihood to mute. And therefore, a "better" choice in my opinion. Even those, as @SlowTalker recommended, are best added after the rest of the flavors are dialed into the profile you are wanting.

When I am creating/tweaking a recipe; EM is always the very last ingredient I will try adding. Usually, I can get better results by changing flavor percentages (raising and/or lowering), or trying different flavor concentrates. :)

-- atomizer used
-- amount of airflow
-- coil and wicking used
Some folk are "super tasters," and can use very little flavoring. While other folks have little sense of taste, and require/enjoy much higher flavor percentages. That doesn't make one person "right," or another "wrong." It just means that each of us has to find what works best for ourselves.

As you experiment to find what works best for you; just keep in the back of your mind, that most(?) flavors have a range where they work best. Too little; and they can taste weak, to nonexistent. Too much; and the taste can start to take on a "fake"/artificial, or even chemical-like taste. Too much; can also actually mute the desired taste. So, when it is tasting weak, and adding more doesn't seem to help... it can be beneficial, to look at what percentage others are using it at, and perhaps try lowering its percentage.

And, just like using too much of a single concentrate, can create a muted taste. Using too much of many flavors, can create a muted, or muddled taste. That is why, sometimes it is better to lower percentages of the flavors that are too strong, rather than raising the weak(er) flavors.

This all may seem a bit overwhelming to you right now. And, it is a lot to absorb. Just know, that it is going to take some experimenting to learn what is going to work for you. Mix small batches (to conserve your ingredients), be patient (give your mixes time to fully mature), and don't get frustrated... as there is almost always something else you can try to make it better.

Try to keep e-liquid you like, and can vape on hand, as you find your way. Whether, that is commercial e-liquid, or simple DIY one shots, that @Sugar_and_Spice previously recommended. It helps to remove the pressure to "get it right, right now."

Do your best to keep it fun. Pat yourself on the back often, for even the small successes ("It's better than last time."). And, forgive and forget, the less than ideal attempts. If you can do that; you stand a great chance to becoming a successful DIYer. :D

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing that helps me on my journey. Write down everything you try... and how it turned out. I have found this to be the best way, to learn from both my mistakes, as well as my successes. Nothing is more discouraging, than to stumble across a real keeper, only to never be able to do it again. Or... making the same mistake, over and over, because I couldn't remember doing it before... until I do it again. :facepalm: :-x:-x:-x :D:laugh::lol::laugh::D

Thanks Joel! You're always so helpful! As is everyone else! I appreciate the time you are taking out of your day to help a new diy Noobe. Ive really learned a lot from you in such a short time.. and all of your advice I keep in mind. You are a very kind person and very thoughtful. I feel like I gained some friendships with my fellow members and that's so comforting. :blush:

And everyone else on this forum are so so helpful. There's a lot I still have to learn and i couldn't do it without you guys! Thank you, it really means a lot to know that I can turn to you guys anytime!
@Kelly1988,

View attachment 796829
(source)

View attachment 796831
(source)

-- atomizer used
-- amount of airflow
-- coil and wicking used

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Pg/Vg with nothing added? what are the pros/cons?

PG/VG and nicotine. Pros: you never get tired of the flavor, coils last forever as there's nothing to clog them, and your lungs are not exposed to any unnecessary junk that might (or might not) potentially be harmful (flavorings, sweeteners, colorings, unknown proteins, oils, whatever). Cons: it is quite boring, so I like to add a few drops of different flavorings, 2-5% max) for variety. But it was a journey--I started with commercial e-liquids and, frankly, disliked most of them or/and found overwhelming. So I started diluting them with unflavored, and then diluting them some more. :D

ETA: It's also the cheapest way to vape--I always have a bottle of 10% nicotine base in the freezer, a bottle of VG and PG, and a few bottles of my favorite flavorings. I haven't spent a penny on ejuice in about 2 years. But that's not why I do it. Promise!

Last edited:

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
I didn't see anyone mention it or I missed it-- Different manufacturers also have varying accuracy of flavor.

TFA never really made me happy when I started. It has been much easier FOR ME to get the flavor I wanted with Flavour Art (FA) ymmv. So many companies and they all have at least a few exceptional flavors.

Oh btw Enjoy Your DIY Journey!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Bavarian cream is a big flavor to me. You got lots of good advice so far, mix the creAm and let it steep, add a second strawberry, lighten up on the EM ( or drop it, this mix probably doesn’t need it) and add SS.

I would likely do 3 parts strawberry 2 parts strawberry ( your choice on which brands) and 2 parts cream, plus maybe .5- 1 ml SS.

Like you I have a hard time tasting some fruits. Blueberry and watermelon I struggled with.

The more recently you stopped smoking the more flavor you probably need. But some flavors may always be weak to you. And you might want to try others instead.

You’ve done well starting with lower %, and you can add a little more at a time and see if that helps. Take notes though.

But never pitch a mix until it’s had plenty of time to develop. I’ve got some that sat for months and finally bloomed.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Couldn’t say it any better then IDJoel did above me. I have used EM for quite awhile, in the crystal form. I’d just add some and they’d dissolve, but when I was using tfa ry4 double for example I’d mute my mix because I unknowingly was adding more EM to a mix with a flavoring that contained EM. It’s like the Sour additives, usually more trouble then it’s worth. I will use both on occasion but like Joel said it’s the last thing added and only when my mix is missing something and in very small amounts. For someone getting started on the DIY journey both additives are more trouble then they are worth. There is so many variables already when we mix that when you’re getting started your best bet is to eliminate as many variables as possible and build. Many additives are at the tippitty top of juice mix. Your foundation is you nicotine base, and every floor is a flavoring. Start with a single flavor and if you like it maybe mix two of the same flavor together like adding rooms on your first floor. All the while keeping notes a.k.a. Your blueprint. In no time you will be building beautiful buildings that everyone wants a piece of. I stick to making ranch style homes or two, three story tops. I’m not a high rise kinda guy but there is some out there that do it and do it well. Just take time and start simple and small. Get yourself a great 500 sq. Ft. One bed/one bath Ranch poured on a slab because you aren’t ready for basements yet.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Wow! Not much can be said after that, but I will say it anyway. :facepalm:

@Kelly1988 Always try new flavors individually at their lowest recommended percentage. Make small sample batches. If you put two or three unknown flavors together, you'll never know which is the offending (or your favorite) one. :2c:
I wanted to mention to you that I have begun to vape unflavored also and am trying to add just small amounts of my existing diy juices to it. Maybe like a 4(unflavored) to 1(flavored) mix. I started doing this a few weeks ago and find it very enjoyable and have no trouble tasting any of the flavors this way. Coils are much cleaner for a longer period of time and also makes it easier for me to vape as it doesn't feel as heavy? (for lack of better term atm).

:)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I suggest you mix two different strawberries the way Letitia does it.

Most any fruit needs one or more brand to make a whole. Some premix these flavors to save a time. Strawberry stones are a good place to start. For example TFA Strawberry Ripe 3% + INW shisha strawberry 2% is my go to sb combination. I mix up 10ml of this flavor shot/stone to keep on hand. I use it at 2-5% in a recipe.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Also different flavor makers make their flavoring at different concentrations. Those of us how have been at it for a while will tell you the Flavorah and FlavourArt are very concentrated as opposed to Flavor West which is least concentrated and therefore requires a higher % in order to taste them. TFA is a medium strength on most but not all of their flavoring. This is why testing is critical to find what you like. It is also very helpful when considering on buying a flavor to read the reviews that others have listed for them. BullCityFlavors themselves do not give recommendations but sometimes the reviewers that use the flavors do. Look towards the bottom of the flavor page to locate them or click on the review that have stars associated with them.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
That's a really good idea. I have shisha, strawberry ripe and strawberry. I know I like my flavors sweet just from experience. Someone else tried my mix tonight and thought it's way to sweet lol but for me it's mute. Hmm.. based on my taste, do you think increasing the strawberry to maybe 8-9% would give me better taste?

I think your right on the ethyl maltol. There's only so much it can do.. but I did order sucralose and capella strawberry sweet. Hopefully the sucralose does the trick. I read on diy or die that for people who are used to vaping market flavors or store bought flavors are also used to sweet flavors. He said most add a lot of sucralose to the juice. And that if you want an experience like that then definitely use it. Well I summed it up but basically thats what I got out of it.

And the TPA Bavarian cream? Do you think increasing that is a good idea? For me anyways? It's currently at 3% and I'm still learning how percentages work and don't work.. I'm not getting much cream from the 3% ..I do have more creams coming tho.

I spent like 3 days making batches so I'm running low on products.. that's why I was wondering if higher nic levels require higher flavor percentages. There's so much to learn.

If I may, I would keep the tfa strawberry at 5% and add 2 % of INW Shisha Strawberry. Keep the BAV cream the same. Most mixes require at least a week steep time (aging) so that the flavors blend together. Unless you buy a flavoring that specifically says it is a 'one shot' then those should and can be vaped almost immediately. A 'one shot flavoring' means that the vendor selling the product provides all of the ingredients into 1 mix that we buy and use a % of for our mixes. A good example can be found here. I recommend them for new and old mixers because they are delicious and it gives the new mixer confidence that they can mix their own AND it also provides you with something to vape while you learn to diy and you don't feel hurried or rush to produced anything.
Discount code = JFK or ECF both will work
and these size are the smallest so you don't have to spend a lot of money to try them but they do offer bigger bottles also.
10 ml (Sample Size)

10 ml (Sample Size)

This is 2 different categories so no I did not repeat the first one.lol
They have a Succulent Strawberry is that is the best out there imo. Vape it everyday. And I mix from 5 - 10% depending on my mood. lol

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Watermelon has always been weak in flavor. Add a small bit of a strawberry flavor to enhance the flavoring. As a stand alone I mix cap watermelon double and sweet watermelon together total flavoring of 15% and allow to steep from 2-3 months. Ymmv

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Kelly1988 - Something that I haven't seen mentioned yet, is that TFA Strawberry has ethyl alcohol in it. If you don't let it evaporate off before you vape the eliquid you've made with it...it often affects the harshness and taste of the eliquid. (Ethyl maltol is used as a smoother for harshness in quite a few "fruity" recipes, but too much mutes the flavoring.) Easy way to get the ethyl alcohol to evaporate off, and lessen the harshness, is to shake the eliquid to cause lots of bubbles, and then leave the dropper tip and cap off the bottle so the EA can go "poof". How long it needs to do that depends on how big the batch of eliquid is. One thing I've noticed is that when a sort of whitish ring forms around the inside of the bottle at the top of your eliquid (from the popped bubbles)...the EA is usually gone.

The TFA Strawberry Ripe doesn't have ethyl alcohol though. It's to me, the sweeter of the 2 strawberries from them. I usually use a combo of both in strawberry recipes, with the Strawberry Ripe at 3 times the % of the Strawberry (ie. Strawberry Ripe @ 6%, Strawberry @ 2%).

Last edited:

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Expiration date is two years from date of manufacture when the Propylene Glycol USP is kept below 100F, out of direct sunlight ,in the original sealed drums.

EM and M are also sold in crystal form and I think that is what is being referred to......seems to be just a small misunderstanding of which state the EM is in. I think.

:)[/QUOTE]
I did order new EM and tfa sweetener ( I think that has suclarose and EM) and some capella super sweet. I think I'm set in that department.

I also ordered capella strawberry and cream concentrate along with flavorah and tfa strawberry and cream. I read some info that those can be Vaped alone but I'm sure I'll do some adjusting.

Slowly but surely I will get the hang of it. It's so simple, it's just understanding what each flavor tastes like or what it can be paired with and which percentages work.

I found a diy flavor concentrate percentage guide so I am checking that out as well!

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
What equipment are you using? That will make a big difference in how much favoring you need to add. Going back to the beginning of this thread, you probably muted the SB flavor with the EM. Only time I use it is in citrus mixes to smooth the harness. By the way, TFA SB ripe is probably the most used SB out there. Personally I like CAP sweet SB and TFA SB ripe blended together. SB ripe 4% and Sweet SB 2% is normally a good starting point

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Also the ethyl maltol that I have is from vixen Vapors. I bought it like at least 2 years ago. It's called sweetener drops but it's ethyl maltol. Could the issue be that its too old?

I don't think so--those flavorings do last a long time. But, if you ask me, your mix is very sweet. Anyway, for my taste buds. I would decrease EM and add Shisha strawberry (or some other natural tasting strawberry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread