DIY: What an endeavor... (Cont.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So part II of my saga continues, more of a word to the wise which most of you will already be aware of. As stated in my post yesterday I thought I was closer to DIY perfection after the additives study only to find last evening that the juice was not much better. I reviewed the recipes over and over making sure I did not miscalculate until it hit me. I recalled seeing manufacturer suggested flavoring percentages on the vendors purchase pages so I double checked everything again. I was 3x over the recommended percentages and my mistake was looking at a recipe percentage, but not taking into account the manufacturers %.

My orginal recipe called for 15% of each of the two needed flavors, which came out to 30% of my juice. The recommended usage was 10% total on the vendor site. Needless to say I started right away creating a new batch with both flavors only equaling up to 10% combined.....OMG that was it. I steeped in ultrasonic/heat for about 1-1/2 hours and tasted it, no more harshness or dry taste it was almost perfection.

I now have created a spreadsheet with all of my flavors and their recommended percentages and will take to changing all the recipes to reflect those changes. My EM, VW, and AP arrive tonight so things will only get better from here.

Thanks to all of you for your advice, guidance, suggestions and help. What a great community we have here, I am glad to be a part of it and intend to help as much as I can.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
So part II of my saga continues, more of a word to the wise which most of you will already be aware of. As stated in my post yesterday I thought I was closer to DIY perfection after the additives study only to find last evening that the juice was not much better. I reviewed the recipes over and over making sure I did not miscalculate until it hit me. I recalled seeing manufacturer suggested flavoring percentages on the vendors purchase pages so I double checked everything again. I was 3x over the recommended percentages and my mistake was looking at a recipe percentage, but not taking into account the manufacturers %.

My orginal recipe called for 15% of each of the two needed flavors, which came out to 30% of my juice. The recommended usage was 10% total on the vendor site. Needless to say I started right away creating a new batch with both flavors only equaling up to 10% combined.....OMG that was it. I steeped in ultrasonic/heat for about 1-1/2 hours and tasted it, no more harshness or dry taste it was almost perfection.

I now have created a spreadsheet with all of my flavors and their recommended percentages and will take to changing all the recipes to reflect those changes. My EM, VW, and AP arrive tonight so things will only get better from here.

Thanks to all of you for your advice, guidance, suggestions and help. What a great community we have here, I am glad to be a part of it and intend to help as much as I can.

You could also dilute the original batch with plain base by 2/3 which will give you 10%. Better to try to fix it then waste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread