• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
If you see those powdered sweetener, they usually contain sucralose and maybe lactose or other substances. That's what you are taking. You may wanna stick to powdered stevia instead if you cannot get the liquid ones. Stevia is more natural without much alien substances in there. I usually do 1-2 drops per 5ml depending on how bland my juice is.

Reactions: Jojo1991

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
^true. What about EM? So far I have mixed google results regarding sucralose on its vaping safety but I suppose a drop per >5ml shouldn't be much of a problem.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate my adding stevia to my coffee due to that artificial chemical taste that it leaves behind. Will definitely try it someday, thanks for the advice!

Hmmm I got my liquid stevia from some organic store I think most of them will carry it. Look around for powdered stevia and I'm thinking of trying splenda?? Oh for the stevia I think it works better with fruity mixes?? Correct me if I'm wrong. Will go test out the powdered stevia and let you guys know the results. Also for EM, it sorts of give the flavor a wrap up. Doesn't really sweeten things up but gives the juice a body. I still add stevia after adding EM. I find that Malaysian juices are really minty and real sweet. It does work well for mango flavor tho. Hmmm

clarenceee

Jun 13, 2013
Singapore
I've tried konnyaku lychee @ 25%, too much and the after taste is really bitter, peach is OK too. Wouldn't want to try PH anymore, just order from capella or TFA. Vanilla custard is the bomb

I think 25% on PH lychee might be an overkill, maybe can try @ 10/15%. I'm thinking of ordering from capella soon as well. heard some of their flavors are really very good.

Reactions: WarA

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
I think 25% on PH lychee might be an overkill, maybe can try @ 10/15%. I'm thinking of ordering from capella soon as well. heard some of their flavors are really very good.

I'd say PH stuff needs roughly 15-20% rather than 10-15% but that's just my personal preference due to it being that much less concentrated as compared. On the other hand PH stuff have quite a fair bit of artificial smell to it, although it is true to local taste as compared.

Still a newbie in this aspect so got to experiment more :)

clarenceee

Jun 13, 2013
Singapore
I'd say PH stuff needs roughly 15-20% rather than 10-15% but that's just my personal preference due to it being that much less concentrated as compared. On the other hand PH stuff have quite a fair bit of artificial smell to it, although it is true to local taste as compared.

Still a newbie in this aspect so got to experiment more :)

That's why need to do different % batches to test. which is the troublesome part. How I usually test on % is I will do at least 2 - 4 various % and let it steep and test everyday on the different outcomes.

Reactions: WarA

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
oh ya, quick update. konnyaku grape is oil based. please avoid. after leaving the mix for a day. the grape floats up. :(
Do a water test before mixing! Easy check first. But ever since I got some capella flavour quite lazy to test % as well, pretty much follow tested recipes and go. Will do up some varying single flavour for PH stuff that I got.

clarenceee

Jun 13, 2013
Singapore
Do a water test before mixing! Easy check first. But ever since I got some capella flavour quite lazy to test % as well, pretty much follow tested recipes and go. Will do up some varying single flavour for PH stuff that I got.

yup, forgot to do water test, too used in using TFA flavors. no water test needed. haha.

alright man! thanks in advance.

updates. did 2 batches of Ph mango. one 20% one 15%. turns out to be extremely sweet for 20% after 4 days. 15% is sweet.

I guess for ppl who don't like their e juice to be so sweet. 10% with 1% vg stevia would be fine. just let it steep for min 3days.

You got use any sweeterner or not? I made 20% with 5% stevia still not sweet to me leh

Attyca

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2015
  • Deleted by Syn007
  • Reason: No selling, buying and trading here.

Clifton

Aug 2, 2015
  • Deleted by Syn007
  • Reason: No selling, buying and trading here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread