DiyFlavorShack - Help With DIY - Any Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dawn,

I was just wondering if it is possible to order juices in 16 or 18mg strength. On your drop down menu the nic strength jumps from 12 to 26mg but I received a free sample of sweet tart in a 16mg strength ( thanks so much btw it is my fav. juice now! ) with my last order and I would like to buy a big bottle of the same stuff!

GF

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
Hello, just found this thread and your offer of help! I recieved some licorace flavor juice as a freebie and it kinda scares me. Not a huge fan of licorace (black) to start with, the smell just makes me put the lid back on. I don't want waste it- it is a decent strength, 30 mil and I am not wealthy or wasteful. I wondered if you had any suggestions I could diy it to something useable. I like fruits, bakery vapes and very occasionally tobacco. I have doctored many other premades into really awesome flavors, but this one has me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
THATS A GREAT QUESTION..

I HAVE A SWEET AND TART FALVORING COMING SOON.. BUT UNTIL THEN IT WORKS LIKE THIS SOME TIMES A CERTAIN FLAVOR JUST NATURALLY TASTES LIKE CANDY AND OR TASTES LIKE THE REAL FRUIT.. JUST HAVE TO MAKE IT AND SEE WHICH ONE IT IS.. LIKE THE WATERMELON IS A CANDY TYPE.. BUT THE PERFECT PEACH IS A FUITY LIKE ONE...BUT WITH THIS NEW TART FLAVORING HAVE COMING OU CAN MAKE IT GOT TART..

NEXT THE SUGAR CREAM DOES SOME COOL THINGS SWEETENS THE HECK OUT OF EVERYTHING.. BUT ALSO ADDS A SMOOTING FEEL TO THE JUICE ALONG WITH A HIGH MIXTURE OF vg
HOPE THIS HELPS
DAWN

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
Hi Dawn..Well, you know I love your VG Wild West juice. I usually purchase a bottle of regular flavor and a bottle of double flavor. I mix them together and get that perfect strength of flavor I love. I wish I could add a little more sweetness. What would you suggest I use that wouldn't change the same taste I have, just sweeten a bit...Thanks!

LadyVaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
SWEET HOME ALABAMA
I have the same question, what do you use to get the milkshake taste? ex: Banana Milkshake?
Also I have some vanillian crystals, 10% in PG but the one time I did use it, I saw that the bottle got very thin
line all the way around the bottle. I looked at it a little closer and you could see the liquid was making
the bottle thin right at the top of the liquid level. All the way around it. What is up with that?
I have not vaped it. As a matter of fact, I dumped it. I hate to think what that would do to my
lungs. It actually made the bottle thin. A complete circle around it. Anyway thought I'd ask.
PS Got my order today. I love the Coconut pound cake. YUMMY Thanks from a faithfully returning customer.
I am running out of supplies, another DIY kit in the NEAR future.

lidowho

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
San Francisco
Vape Godess,

I just mixed a batch of your most awesome Dunhill. Whenever I mix a fresh batch, the flavor is just perfect. But after a while, it seems that the flavor is not as intense. I only know this when I make a new batch as I think I forget how good the flavor is until it's newly mixed again. I can only remember things for 10 mins at a time these days....

So my question is, what is the best way to store a mixed up batch? I mixed about 50ml last night and put 15ml in an airless bottle. The remainder is in a clear bottle in my drawer. I get it out and shake it every once and awhile until I need it. Then I put it in the 15ml airless bottle. The bottle is opaque so no light can reach the liquid inside. I'm in San Francisco so it never (almost never) gets too hot or cold here. The airless bottle is a new thing so maybe that will work better. Before I would put it in a regular plastic squeeze bottle.

Happy Halloween!

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Hi Dawn!

Could you do me a big favor (along with probably many other DIYers) and give a good ballpark figure of what percentage of flavoring to use for some of your flavorings?

I know that even within the same brand, the percentage can vary between 1 percent to 20 percent (and maybe even more). And yes, I know flavor is very subjective - I just need a good estimate - like if you were making a pre-mixed liquid using only one flavoring. Not trying to get any secret recipe; just trying to save some time and energy which I am severely lacking. (I have Fibromyalgia and the activity it takes to go to work and do basic minimum personal and household care takes about all the energy I have.) At least I don't have the added responsibility of taking care of anyone else. It's just me here and usually don't make much of a mess, so I can go for at least two months before there is enough dust to wipe off the furniture or vacuum/wash floors before it starts to bother me.

I moved recently (Sept. 1st) and still need to do a lot of unpacking and organizing. More of that would have been done by now if it weren't for the fact I had to make countless loooooong phone calls and trips (mostly the AT&T store), straightening out so many things that went wrong during the move, along with working my regular schedule at my job. After 2 months, I finally have DSL and can go online anytime I want - yay! Going without it for so long really made me aware of how dependent I am on the internet and how much I appreciate it.

One good thing I did with this move is devote a kitchen cupboard for most all of my DIY stuff. (I have more DIY stuff to store than I do food!) I don't cook much anymore, so I figured I could devote about 1/4 of kitchen storage space to e-liquid DIY supplies. :ohmy:

I did get to watch an "episode" of ElixerTV's show on DIY a while back. The host made a banana pudding with vanilla wafers e-liquid recipe, which I wrote down. I am afraid to try it though - the guy used over 30 percent flavoring which included 4 different brands! His base was however VG and from my experience, VG mutes the flavor a lot, so maybe 30 percent flavoring isn't so far off.

The e-liquid I made with your Expert Pound Cake flavoring turned out really great. If I remember correctly, I believe I used it at 4 percent to my base which is 75/25 PG/VG, 12 mg nic. Most likely I included a drop each of FlavourArt Vanilla Bourbon and Butter; I just can't remember. Since it was so simple, I didn't bother to write it down. I know, I know - I should have - as my CRS is getting worse it seems day by day. :p I made a 10 ml batch and need to make more.

My last order included some pre-mixed e-liquids, and the Thin Mints bottle is all gone now =( I am really picky and you got the Thin Mints flavor just right!

Vaping is one of the few pleasures I can still enjoy without using up a lot of energy - lol! DIYing is really fun, and if you could help me out with some figures, I would so much appreciate it!

I need a percentage starting point as if you were using only one flavor to make e-liquid for:

Expert Coffee N Cream
Doublemint
Cinnamon Roll
Expert Donut
Cafe Napoleon
Wild Cherry
Expert Cherry
Sugar Cream (this one sounds really exciting - I normally don't use sweetener, but sometimes I add a drop or two of Sucralose to 10 mls of e-liquid. Sugar Cream I bet is so much better, maybe even good enough to vape alone with no other flavoring!)

(((Hugs))) - Janet

Denin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
+1! I was logging in to ask almost this exact same question.

Trying to make my own cherry cola, and having a bear of a time. I think it's because I"m using the Expert Cherry and Cola and making too small a sample. mixing at 10% I get a really sharp almost gingery flavor, no cherry flavor at all, etc. My PB and Chocolate comes out extremely smokey too, 10% even mix of PB and Choc, both Expert again.

Any ideas?

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
Hi Guys

ok well this is a tough one as taste is subjective but.. here is something to think about... if you are getting a chemical taste you have used too much flavoring, just add Vg to it..

next well

Expert Coffee N Cream - I like to use 15% and all vg as a mix ( except nic i use PG base)
Doublemint - 22%
Cinnamon Roll - 28%
Expert Donut - this is a very tough one 9% and the rest VG
Cafe Napoleon- omg i love this one 28% and all kinds of other things to make .. add some caramel untertones .. add some sugar cream and WHALA... add some RY4 and you have just created the perfect sweet ry4
Wild Cherry - the cherries are hard... wild cherry being my favorite.. 20%
Expert Cherry - 9 %
Sugar Cream - this one is the best..............

will sweeten anything up// use this when you just do not like a flavor and now it is usable.

hope this all helps

hugss dawn

(this one sounds really exciting - I normally don't use sweetener, but sometimes I add a drop or two of Sucralose to 10 mls of e-liquid. Sugar Cream I bet is so much better, maybe even good enough to vape alone

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Thanks Dawn! Since my mix is mostly PG, 80/20 PG/VG, should I use nearly half as much flavoring because the VG mutes the flavor so much for me?

I don't know if you use less flavoring for customers who request a mainly PG pre-mix, but I loved the ThinMints you made for me at 80/20 PG/VG, 12mg nic.

Also, could you recommend a good starting point for SugarCream? Based on my limited experience with DIY, I don't usually add sweetener, but when I do, I add 2 drops of sucralose liquid to 10 mls of e-liquid and have ruined some batches with just one extra drop. My guess is that SugarCream is much more forgiving.

If I wanted to make an 80/20 PG/VG 10 ml mix, what percentage (or how many drops) of SugarCream should I use if I am using it as the only flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread