DiyFlavorShack - Help With DIY - Any Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-Tucson

Oct 30, 2011
Tucson
I must be missing something because everywhere it says that FlavourArt is so strong, but I have used up to 14% on Vanilla Classic, probably 6% on Black Cherry, and 5% on cola and I don't feel like I'm getting the flavor I should be. Do I need to mix these with sucralose or something to bring out the flavors? I have been adding few % water to a 70/30 pg/vg mix. I am still unsure how water affects it except diluting it and adding some vapor? The flavors just taste odd, incomplete, and weak. All the FA %s I've seen have been very low, 2-3% usually. One person said that they use 2% on the classic vanilla, and I used 7 times that! I have to be missing something with all of these. I shook them like crazy and waited hours, without much improvement. I know they mature, but if they aren't even close now I don't think they will ever be. Thanks

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Made my first juice good enough to fill a cart! This was my fourth attempt, but my first and only so far with dfs. All the others are in the "wait to vape" shelf, which means I don't wanna throw it out but I dunno what to do with it :blush: So my question for Dawn has to do with the color, I used poundcake, Bavarian cream, and a lil butter, I am using dual coil clear carts and today they are almost black? :blink: I know that the nic oxidizes and makes juice a funky color, but I have never had one turn this much. And since I made it myself, it made me a lil worried. Other than the color the juice is wonderful! Any suggestion, is this still normal? Thanks!

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Yesterday I mixed up some waffles and butter (seems I am going through a sweet phase:p) I dripped it and I don't get waffle at all? I mixed it at 25%, I did notice too that this concentrate is almost black, even before mixed. I have only had waffle in premixed, but it was an amber color. Does it need to steep or should I add more flavor? I should have ordered bigger bottles! I had no idea it takes so much to make small bottles, I thought u only had to use a few drops. Next time I will be sure to get bigger ones. Any ideas?

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Really - it makes a difference??? How can this be? I mean, it all gets mixed together when you shake it up. Seriously I want to know if it makes a difference and how. Might need to change the way I mix. :unsure:

This is how I do it: I have my base, including nic already to go whenever I mix, so all I need to do is squirt 10 mls of base into bottle and add drops of flavoring, unless the recipe calls for over over a ml or two of flavoring.

If so, I mix in a 10 ml syringe and when there is a lot of flavoring, first I squirt some PG into top of syringe (using my thumb to cover the bottom of syringe), then 2 mls of VG based nic, then flavoring, and top off with PG. Then I pick up my empty bottle, hold it under syringe and carefully slide thumb off syringe opening so liquid from syringe drips into bottle. I blow into top of syringe until liquid fills bottle. Then to make sure I get anything that is stuck to the sides of the syringe, I use the plunger to get the rest out. If flavoring is less than a mill, I just squirt my prepared base into empty bottle and then add drops of flavoring to the bottle directly from dropper bottle or separate pipette.

I like a 10 - 12 mg nic strength. My base is around 12 mg nic strength, so that allows for a little wiggle room for the flavoring. I like somewhere between 70/30 and 80/20 PG/VG mix, so I use 1 part of 48 or 50 mg VG nic to 3 parts of PG for my base. That means my base is 75/25 PG/VG. Using 48 mg of VG nic yields a 12 mg nic base, 50 mg - a tad more.

MissVicki

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
Do you have a brick and mortar? I think I saw one on Cheyenne and Decatur but it looked like it might be closed. I live right down the street from you and have been toying with the idea of DIYing.

Hi, we are in the process of opening..... Please check back in about 3 weeks! Also watch our website for more information

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread