Dizziness when vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seedhay

Moved On
Dec 3, 2010
Anytown
Hi all,

So, I've been vaping now for almost a week. I like it. And, though I'm not totally sure (still confused about how much vaping=analog smoking), I THINK I'm may be smoking less than my analogs.

That said, I seem to get slightly dizzy when vaping. Is this common? One thing is I am getting over a nasty cold and sinus infection (almost totaly well again, though still have a slight sinus headahe), so I'm not sure if this is the culprit. But, there is definitely a correlation between the dizziness and the vaping. In other words, I don't feel it until I vape. Its not overwhelming, and may go away, but it does make me feel a little nervous about how the vapor may be affecting me (negatively?). I smoked analogs while having this cold (before my ecig arrived) and it didn't cause the dizziness. I also thought maybe I'm getting too much nicotine at once? I use a drip method through an eGo, if that makes any difference. Though, it doesn't feel like a rush of nicotine, at least in any form I've ever experienced. Its almost Like the vapor itself is shooting up through my head the minute I inhale!

Thoughts?

thanks

Scotch827

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
PA
Someone else might have better info. I get that every now and then. It usually happens when I am trying out new stuff and vaping alot in a short period of time. I think it's to much nicotine. My first cou[ple of days I was always vaping 24mg. I still use some of the 24mgs when I am craving, however most of the day I am vaping 12mgs. I used to smoke about 2 packs a day, so I thought I was getting a lot of nic. I order some zero nic today and I am going to try that for part of the day. I just love the taste of this stuff. I have Cocoa Chaos and a Cinnamon vape going right now.

Scott

Seedhay

Moved On
Dec 3, 2010
Anytown
Hmmm, OK, thanks for sharing! Maybe it is too much nicotine? I'm using 24mg juice as well, though I never smoked as much as you. I would cycle between different amounts, but was at about 1 pack a day of american spirit lights when I quit. The thing is, when I would smoke, I would usually chain at least 3 (or more) at a time, especially in the A.M. So, I figured some higher juice would be good for me, since my habits were to get a lot at once (as opposed to an even spread throughout the day).
So, you noticed a difference with this once you switched to the 12 mg? Also, I heard that blood nicotine levels were lower with ecigs even when comparable juice/analog ratios were used. Has your experience been that you smoke more, or less with ecigs (I realize its hard to do a direct comparison).

Anyone else want to chime in?

thanks!

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
That may not have been a cold or sinus infection either. Many suffer symptoms that feel like a massive cold with a cough and very achy sinuses when quitting smoking and taking up vaping. Most, if not all of this is from quitting the analogs. I'm not saying you didn't have a cold or sinus infection, but I thought I did just a few days into vaping, and it lasted about 4 days or so. I thought I was going to die from it, it was so bad.

Seedhay

Moved On
Dec 3, 2010
Anytown
That may not have been a cold or sinus infection either. Many suffer symptoms that feel like a massive cold with a cough and very achy sinuses when quitting smoking and taking up vaping. Most, if not all of this is from quitting the analogs. I'm not saying you didn't have a cold or sinus infection, but I thought I did just a few days into vaping, and it lasted about 4 days or so. I thought I was going to die from it, it was so bad.
I was definitely already sick when I got my ecig, but you may be right that the symptoms were exacerbated from quiting analogs. I definitely thought I was gonna die! :)

So, thus far, the consensus is that dizziness is not a totally typical side effect from vaping? Probably some variable in my situation causing the symptom?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
It could be a combination of withdrawal from analogs, being sick, and vaping a high nic level. It sounds like the dizziness only happens when you're vaping, which could be an indication that you're getting too much nicotine. You might want to try decreasing the nic level and see if the dizziness goes away. The amount you smoked before isn't always a good indication of how high your nicotine level should be. There are plenty of light, social smokers who need 24mg to stay off the analogs, and there are heavy smokers who can't vape more than 12mg.

Seedhay

Moved On
Dec 3, 2010
Anytown
OK, everyone, I appreciate the feedback!

I'll guess I'll have to wait until my next juice order to experiment with some lower strength juice (I've only got 24 at the moment). I don't think it feels like a nic rush, per se, but I may be totally wrong about that. I guess I'll give it a few more days of getting well, detoxing the analogs, experimenting etc and see what happens.
In the meantime, I'll just be thankful that I'm getting better and off the analogs!

thanks again

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
agreed. I was a 1.5-2 pad marlboro red smoker so I went with 26mg right off the top. Within a week I felt like I was getting too much nic (not so much in the morning but by noon for sure) got some Glycerine and cut 50/50 (13mg mixed) and was better but still had some "not natural" feelings; not really dizzy but not normal..... after about a week it went away. Think it was just me and my lungs adjusting to vapor instead of smoke.

Seedhay

Moved On
Dec 3, 2010
Anytown
It also could be something just as simple as dehydration causing your dizziness. Vaping will cause you to dehydrate. Couple that with a recent illness where you probably didn't feel like drinking a lot and that could be the culprit. Have you tried upping your fluid intake to see if that helps?

I've been drinking lots of water, so I don't THINK I'm, dehydrated...but either way, I'm curious about vaping causing dehydration. Can you say more?

SecondChance

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2010
Moody, Texas
It also could be something just as simple as dehydration causing your dizziness. Vaping will cause you to dehydrate. Couple that with a recent illness where you probably didn't feel like drinking a lot and that could be the culprit. Have you tried upping your fluid intake to see if that helps?

I agree...PG and VG have a drying effect which could be atleast part of the trouble.....but higher nic level and longer vape periods can also cause these effects.. I notice it now and then on weekends when I vape more often and for longer periods. Lower nic level and being aware of vape time per session might help.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I've been drinking lots of water, so I don't THINK I'm, dehydrated...but either way, I'm curious about vaping causing dehydration. Can you say more?

From what I've read, the ejuices are hygroscopic. Meaning that they will attract moisture. I had a horrible, horrible dry mouth until I read that info and started upping my water intake. If you're drinking lots of water now, then that's probably not the cause of your dizziness. I agree with second chance that it's probably your nicotine level being too high and/or long vape periods.

I was dizzy, had stoumach ache when I quit analogs and started vaping, it was intence, then it wore off eventually, now I don't feel a thing. I was a 6-7 analogs a dayer though, that said, I might have gotten more nic from vaping then what I used to from analogs. I would lower the nic or give time for the body to adjust to this new amazing thing.

Hrtbrkr1965

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Indiana
I would suggest getting some VG from walmart and diluting yours down slightly to see if that helps you instead of spending a bunch more money on juices before you know what strength you need! 3 drops of 24 mg juice mixed with 1 drop VG makes an 18mg juice , 2 drops 24mg and 2 drops vg makes a 12 mg ...will dilute the flavor slightly but cheaper than blind buying! The glycerin I found at walmart near the rubbing alcohol supplies in the pharmacy, $3.08 cents a bottle and will last you a long long time! Make sure it says usp in the upper right corner! Good luck I hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread