Dna 20 Battery Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

delebit

Sep 24, 2013
United States
Hey guys! I'm looking into building a dna 20 and have ordered most of my parts, but I'm having trouble when it comes to a battery holder or just how to hookup the battery in general. I was hoping to use two 18650's in this build, but I have heard that some of these battery holders can have pretty crappy contacts, and most of them don't come with 20 gauge wire attached so I'd have to replace it. Here's one that I found with 20 gauge but it has a protection circuit which if I'm not mistaken doesn't allow the battery to push out more than 4.2 volts, which the dna 20 obviously does http://www.batteryspace.com/Battery-holder-Li-Ion-18650-Battery-Holder-1S2P-With-2.6-long-20AWG.aspx. It also has a 5 amp limit but I don't think that's a concern considering the dna 20 doesn't allow you to sub ohm. Any other options you guys know of? I'm sort of new when it comes to wiring in batteries, so I'm not sure if it would be good to hard wire them in or what? But I am using the dna usb charging board so any suggestions would be helpful. Oh and cheaper the better ;) thanks guys!

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Look at my "Weekender" thread. That is the very same battery holder I used and I can get 20 watts out of it with a DNA without any problem. I have been running it for 6 weeks now with zero problems due to the bat holder. With the right batteries (i.e. 10A cont) it has handled anything the DNA can put out.

While the ad you linked to quotes "5.0A limited" that is a bit misleading as it is NOT "limited" to 5A. It doesnt actually cut off the current until it reaches 9.5 amps, and the DNA20 will only use 7 amps. The 5A spec is actually the Max CONTINUOUS Current. We dont really do "Continuous Current" when we vape, we do "bursts". I can tell you from first hand experience that 10 second bursts at up to 7A have not been any problem at all with this holder.

Here are the actual specs on that holder. Notice the "Over Current Detection Current" spec of 9.5A +/- 1A. That is the true cutoff or "Limit"!

1S2P-pic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread