DNA 30 or Hana Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Hi all, I am probably going to get crucified over this question but here goes. I have been vaping for 4 months, finally have gotten into rebuildables (Russian 91%) and while at the store, one of the guys said that the best thing for me is the dna 20 (originally made by Vapor Shark). It seems the dna 20 are now obsolete but that Vapor Shark has a DNA 30 on back order. I have seen some clones already and was wondering if it is worth $100 to buy a clone since they seem to be about $100 less. Also, is the HANA Clone the equivalent of the Vapor Shark model? Thanks. Mark

Cloupor Black DNA30 Mod Pre-Order - White Stag Vapor

Pre Order Hana Mod DNA30 Mod 1 1 Clone | eBay

sKRiME

Apr 28, 2014
Land of Lollipops
I don't know much about these models, but usually clones aren't as good because they're simply flukes that are recognizably not the real product. There are some good clones out there, but most of them tend to be, well, bad. I would attempt saving for the real deal because places like eBay and Amazon are usually bad for clones, but if you can find a good site with good product reviews, go for it.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Think it's worth a gamble, heck even if the clone chip wasn't up to specs, the box, battery, switches and 510 connector is worth the price. You could possibly buy a real DNA30 chip and replace the clone and still be ahead of the game. No such thing as to many mods, yet that is. getting close though. White Stag though is only a pre-order vender. and usually on the high side, but their price looks fairly standard on the hana clone 30.

If you can find a dna30 mod, click buy now, whether it's pre-order or not. Heck the ones that say are available, simply mean they are in line for the chip to arrive and have the parts to slap it all together. Still have to wait to vape. lol Love my futura30, was well worth the wait. Do have a clone coming too, and in the process of getting all the parts to build my own 30 mod.

The Vapeness Never Ends. lmao

Good luck on your Quest!!

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Fasttech's hana clone looks interesting, and being a dna 20 I cant see the need over 20w. The USB charging with a 18650 battery makes me a bit leery, but I dont knwo enough about the DNA chipset ot know if it can or cant properly support charging of 18XXX batteries.

But I'd just stick with a Vamo or MVP if youre sticking in that price range, and save up for a legit DNA mod if you really want one.

my 2 cents

I have a DNA 20 clone and am having a issue! Can ANYONE HELP?
So i put a Sony VTC4 in my Evlov DNA 20 the other night ( took out the EFest and literally put in the sony) and the box or wires started to instantly smoke. So i took out the Sony and put the eFest back in and nothing. No power No display! Is my board screwed now? HELP!

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I have one of the clones (Cloupor 30W ) like shown on White Stag Vapor and have used the original Hana V3 for a couple of days. Now the one I have is red and functions well. Some minor differences but really for about $70 for a good clone compared to $200 for an original that also has some know issues such some 510 connects not sitting straight and marks/flaws in the finish as well as some possible battery fitting issues. I also like the fact the clone doesn't have the logo's on it at all,

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
For starters....DNA20 or DNA30 is referring to a chip that was designed and produced by a company called EVOLV. The Vapor Shark is not the original, it's simply another mod maker that bought chips from Brandon to put in their own box. It's seriously a chore to find a DNA30 with an authentic EVOLV chip in it. Several people have reviewed the Hana clones and have liked them. In some cases, they were considered better than the original. Apparently, the 510 connection on the clone is actually straight so your atty doesn't lean to one side. The scopes have shown the clone chip performs as good or better than the original. How long will they last? Who knows...but nobody really knows how long the originals will last either.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have a DNA 20 clone and am having a issue! Can ANYONE HELP?
So i put a Sony VTC4 in my Evlov DNA 20 the other night ( took out the EFest and literally put in the sony) and the box or wires started to instantly smoke. So i took out the Sony and put the eFest back in and nothing. No power No display! Is my board screwed now? HELP!
Sounds like you put the Sony in upside down. Easy to do with a Sony....unfortunately, that will definitely fry a DNA 30 chip. Sorry, man!

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
Hi all, I am probably going to get crucified over this question but here goes. I have been vaping for 4 months, finally have gotten into rebuildables (Russian 91%) and while at the store, one of the guys said that the best thing for me is the DNA 20 (originally made by Vapor Shark). It seems the DNA 20 are now obsolete but that Vapor Shark has a DNA 30 on back order. I have seen some clones already and was wondering if it is worth $100 to buy a clone since they seem to be about $100 less. Also, is the HANA Clone the equivalent of the Vapor Shark model? Thanks. Mark

Cloupor Black DNA30 Mod Pre-Order - White Stag Vapor

Pre Order Hana Mod DNA30 Mod 1 1 Clone | eBay

DNA 20, DNA 30, DNA 40, DNA 100.... What's next? They'll all be 50 BUCKS in due time, just like Beta Max, VHS, DVD and bluray. :2c:http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-d57o0...s/990/Green__81221.1401570890.178.178.jpg?c=2 @ www.vapesourcela.com $130.00 DNA 30 "clone"

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread