DNA 40, NR, Nickel Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxciter

Jun 21, 2010
Virginia Beach
Ok so I built a twisted double 28 gauge 10 wrap Ni200 coil on my kayfun Monster. Came out to .08. I've noticed whatever dna 40 mod I put it on the temp shoots crazy high past my set temp but only when I'm not taking a puff. For example, I have it set to 440° F and when I hit the fire button it'll rocket past 440, sometimes going past the 600° Mark. I double checked my coil connections, wires are wrapped under the entire underside of the screws and tight. It vapes fine but just wondering why the temp gets squirrly when I hit the button without taking a drag. Doesn't happen when I actually vape it tho.
AtmizrOpin, IMHO you need to build 0.1 Ohm minimum to get the DNA-40 to behave reliably. This is the Evolv spec and also is my experience with more than one DNA-40 device. I'm using twisted 30 ga in a large diameter coil to reliably hit minimum Ohms without ending up with a super long coil. Of course, you've read here a bazillion mentions of tight connections, not only with the coil, but with the connector. Beware of spring-loaded pins not getting tight enough.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
AtmizrOpin, IMHO you need to build 0.1 Ohm minimum to get the DNA-40 to behave reliably. This is the Evolv spec and also is my experience with more than one DNA-40 device. I'm using twisted 30 ga in a large diameter coil to reliably hit minimum Ohms without ending up with a super long coil. Of course, you've read here a bazillion mentions of tight connections, not only with the coil, but with the connector. Beware of spring-loaded pins not getting tight enough.
Thanks for explaining that. I kinda figured this massive coil I have built would be tough for the DNA to figure out, but figured WTH. I picked my Kayfun Monster for the simple fact there's no piece that unscrews from the bottom of the build deck, better connectivity IMO.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
.10Ω is the minimum on a DNA40.

KTM,

I believe that is only the low end resistance that you can use and still produce 40 watts. Resistances lower than 0.1 will still work just fine but the output power will be limited.

So I think the way Evolv describes it is any resistance below 0.1 ohms will just go into soft limiting but still continue to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread