DNA20 Finally Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

DlyDragger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Zeeland, MI
So I finally got my mod finished. China apparently sent my batteries on the slow boat but it's done. You may remember I posted a few weeks ago that I jacked up the edge of the LCD screen by bumping it with the soldering iron when the kids ran through. I ended up not trying to hide it and just left the cut out small enough that only a little bit of the discoloration is visible. So far, everything is working awesome. If (when) I do it again, there are a few things I would change like up/down button location and box size but all in all, I'm happy.
#2.jpg

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
looks nice...
I too have some DNA20s here with screens that have been broken, and have traced the maker of the screens.
I am waiting for them to arrive (from China). I just placed the order yesterday (Friday)

You mind to share the info in case I booboo mine?

:vapor:

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Too bad they can't simply see it as a DESIGN FLAW and revamp/work it. It'd be a lot cheaper than all the shipping and fool-around.

Otoh, would they get the same rep for Customer Service?

Sure there is probably a better screen out there, but then we would probably be paying double for a DNA20 with fancy screen. IMO It already has the best screen of any PV out there, plus its a modding board (bonus IMO).

I have seen plenty of broken screens in cell phones/lap tops/etc. Are they a design flaw?

Once soundly mounted in a mod the screens are pretty much worry free. At least that has been my experience.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Sure there is probably a better screen out there, but then we would probably be paying double for a DNA20 with fancy screen. IMO It already has the best screen of any PV out there, plus its a modding board (bonus IMO).

I have seen plenty of broken screens in cell phones/lap tops/etc. Are they a design flaw?

Once soundly mounted in a mod the screens are pretty much worry free. At least that has been my experience.

Well said Bap....I'll just add that there was no design flaw on my DNA20-d boards...there was only a mistake I made during installation that caused the screen to be damaged.....heck I dropped my cell phone and the screen broke.....is that a design flaw? LOL

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I've broken my share of screens for sure, but it's all been clumsiness on my end. I don't fault Evolv for my clumsiness.

The good news is I have not broken one screen since using the frame/cradle. The screen snugs right in the cradle part, epoxied in place using clear epoxy, and is safe and secure. I use the frame/cradle in all my mods now except for Milo.

I also use retird's great tip of using a dab of super glue under the cable where it meets the board. That is one awesome tip right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread